Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190584 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1245 on: October 14, 2013, 04:03:42 pm »

Dwarves can wear abacuses, hourglasses and journals as if they were rings, earrings, and crowns.  I don't know if that's something hardcoded that you can't change, though.

They could probably be made into toys, which might fix it....
This was intended. It was meant to be flavour having them walk around with tools that could be used in their day to day lives... its flavour

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 14, 2013, 04:06:37 pm »

While dealing with the Outpost
Under "headwear" i have a (separate) item:
http://i.imgur.com/V4zx1Lk.png

That should be separate bones. Maybe now we can split them off into their own stockpile.
Meph, if you weren't intending for us to order the separated bone from traders, remove [HELM:BONE_FAKE:FORCED] from the entity_default.txt file.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 14, 2013, 04:23:58 pm »

Dwarves can wear abacuses, hourglasses and journals as if they were rings, earrings, and crowns.  I don't know if that's something hardcoded that you can't change, though.

This was intended. It was meant to be flavour having them walk around with tools that could be used in their day to day lives... its flavour

Wearing a -Tooth Journal- on your ear is interesting flavor.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1248 on: October 14, 2013, 10:57:10 pm »

Meph, if you weren't intending for us to order the separated bone from traders, remove [HELM:BONE_FAKE:FORCED] from the entity_default.txt file.
I cant, if I do that you cant create them anymore.

Its hardcoded, and I didnt even knew that they wear them in specific bodyparts. I always thought it was just in the inventory. Not on "left hand, ringfinger" or something. It does look odd in the decription.

Wearing a -Tooth Journal- on your ear is interesting flavor.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 15, 2013, 02:21:27 am »

not sure if this is the right topic to post this, but i guess it isnt that wrong , either, since bugs ^^

would you might mind to update the fortress defend mod in your next releases?
since many things there are still kinda buggy, and as i'm reading now, the version included in mw must be from the start of 2012 >.>

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 15, 2013, 02:27:28 am »

I cant, if I do that you cant create them anymore.

I see that you are correct, since you trick the game into using a single bone to create the fake helm. I was initially thinking that you had figured out a new reaction that would create the separated bone from a single bone.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1251 on: October 15, 2013, 02:59:07 am »

not sure if this is the right topic to post this, but i guess it isnt that wrong , either, since bugs ^^

would you might mind to update the fortress defend mod in your next releases?
since many things there are still kinda buggy, and as i'm reading now, the version included in mw must be from the start of 2012 >.>
I'm unaware of any updates on this... what exactly do you say is missing or bugged in the current release?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 15, 2013, 03:20:13 am »

first of all, after looking at the raws (and modding them to make it harder :D) i think your version is still 0.08, which is, as darkflagrance says "extremely unbalanced, althought exceedingly fun"^^

one big point is, that some civs use every metal, when they should only use specific ones, since the reaction refers to a file, that doesnt even exist, as crawling through the topic told me.

example:

YESFERRICELF[PERMITTED_REACTION:REACT_FD_IRON]
   YESFERRICELF[PERMITTED_REACTION:REACT_FD_SILVER]

which is the reaction that doesnt work.

in comparison too:

!NOIMP!PERMITTED_REACTION:BRONZE_MAKING]

the no need to change anything in the files there, the problem is just that the reaction file is missing^^

the rest is more or less balancing i guess.

warwolves were kinda useless, because they had a higher strike than weapon skill, which made all of them, except sword/hammer/etc masters spawn as wrestlers.

"new armor types to fix bugs with vanilla armor behavior"
cant say much about that, i haven't looked at the raws yet.

rest is here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62874.0

so mostly some really annoying bugs, and lots of balancing, even if it doesnt look that much, it changes alot i guess.

Tobbs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 15, 2013, 08:03:15 am »

Seems like 4B brings back crashes again  :(
Using tileset: Masterwork

Savegame:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45141093/region1_4B_crash_TilesetMasterwork.zip

Crashes instantly after unpausing

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1254 on: October 15, 2013, 08:15:30 am »

First of all: Good call on version number, tileset and OS. I'll have a look, but I can ashure you that its a different cause. I fixed the other one.

Edit: Ok, I can load the save, it runs for about 1-3 ingame ticks, then crashes. So its repeatable. There are no jobs finished by dwarves, so its not one of the reactions I wrote. I disabled dfhack, so its not a script that runs. I replaced my patched .exe with the vanilla .exe, so it has nothing to do with the string-dump replacements or patches. I got no time ingame to do a lot of tests. Both errorlog and gamelog are empty. I killed all of the dwarves but one, to see if one of them crashes the game, but even that did not help.

In short: I was unable to find any cause, sorry. I did send the save with a note to ag, who found the source the last time I asked for help. He is one of the dfhack programmers and knows stuff. ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 08:45:08 am by Meph »

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 15, 2013, 11:31:19 am »

Hello

M 4B
Using tileset: Masterwork / phoebus/obsidian soul/I think all

I'm trying to use Townportal, but a second after completion of the reaction is a critical error.
http://yadi.sk/d/lt2P4_LUAzZki

PS/Yes, I changed the reaction in scriptorium. I did not touch portal
-------------------------------------
Using tileset: Masterwork / phoebus/obsidian soul
I have included them in turn
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 12:38:58 pm by Giimer »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1256 on: October 15, 2013, 11:39:21 am »

Masterwork / phoebus/obsidian soul/I think all
Ehm... you can only have one at a time. I'll look into the save regardless.

Edit: Yes, as soon as you run the spawn script (either from the townportal or by hand) the game crashes. I will let Putnam/Warmist know about this, they know most about the script. It might have to do with the fact that the world is older then the maxage of dwarves, or maybe your home civ did die out in worldgen, and you cant create new citizens... I dont know.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 12:56:17 pm by Meph »

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 15, 2013, 12:55:35 pm »

This problem occurs in all I created worlds. I do not think my civilization died in all the worlds. I tried to use the age of 2 years, but still a "fatal error".

I ask your forgiveness for the wrong construction proposals. I do not speak English and had to use a translator

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1258 on: October 15, 2013, 12:56:21 pm »

Giimer: Open DwarfFortress/hack/scripts/spawn.lua, replace it with this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then start up your game, type "unload autolabor" into dfhack (thats whats causing the crash), then run the Townportal. And write a nice thank you to Warmist, who figured that one out. ;)

Giimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 15, 2013, 01:05:34 pm »

Thank you for the quick help, the problem is solved
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 142