Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190614 times)

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1215 on: October 12, 2013, 09:46:22 am »

There's no way to disable weaker traps, if you disable the engineer you still have the weaker components and no way of upgrading them.

4b Masterwork
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 12, 2013, 12:14:31 pm »

Is anyone else still having trouble with xen infectors and raptors?  Within the first year, a group of xen came by and bit all of my iron-clad boars in half (literally) and then three raptors ripped apart half of my fort.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 12, 2013, 12:30:41 pm »

As my 4a game draws to a close in year 7, mostly because I'm permanently at 10 FPS now (more to do with various animal explosions and opening two cavern levels than anything else, I expect), I've got some thoughts.

I do not believe that Familiars are working at this time. I have several different mages who would be eligible for familiars, and have posted changelings all over the place for them to interact with. They certainly used to work when they used Sprites.

In fact, the only time I ever got a familiar conversion message was when a magical baby was taken near my caged Vampire Lord. And I didn't get a familiar out of it.

-----

In 4a, clothing items were returned to invaders. I understand that this was to allow them to burn properly, but I'm not sure if that was worth the large number of items that it has added. Apart from the clothing items themselves, it also greatly reduces the need for making my own clothing.

As I mentioned in a previous post, we really need more things to do with lead. And some of the other less used metals too. Lead ammunition at the ammocaster would be top of my list, as lead hammerhead ammo would probably hurt quite a bit.

I have far too much stuff. Tends to happen when you're trying to keep your dwarves busy. More ways to use things up in useful ways would be greatly appreciated. I used to believe that the weight bench and the tavern would use up items for training, but it turns out that was incorrect.

----

So far as funding, I pretty much made sufficient trade goods for everything I ever needed through a single archaeologist grinding up rocks. He produced a large amount of stoneware crafts. And when he found relics/treasure/fossils, he produced vast amounts of ruby light-sources and high value ballista bolts.

----

I killed a Wyvern megabeast, sent it to the slaughterhouse, and raised it up again. It came back as a Red Dragon, which is fine, and I sealed it away behind a bridge for absolute emergencies, not wanting it to burn the place down during a Forest Imp incursion. It then promptly starved to death. I was not expecting a Red Dragon to be a grazer.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 12:54:30 pm by Arkenor »

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 12, 2013, 01:11:45 pm »

Is anyone else still having trouble with xen infectors and raptors?  Within the first year, a group of xen came by and bit all of my iron-clad boars in half (literally) and then three raptors ripped apart half of my fort.

I feel your pain.  The update for 4b said that the frequency of both have been decreased.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet, though.

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 12, 2013, 03:39:51 pm »

4b with Phoebus:

I have two traders stuck on my map. They don't seem to be doing any harm, as I've been able to trade without any issues, but they're not moving. There are no active trade caravans on the map, the previous caravan left some time ago. They're listed as "[Name], Trader - Friendly" in the unit menu.

Savegame:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1320684/region1.rar

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 12, 2013, 03:56:48 pm »

They're bugged migrants. There's a fix migrants command in dfhack, but I forgot if it was tweak fixmigrants or fix/migrants.

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 12, 2013, 03:56:57 pm »

Sometimes i get a "preferences" screen instead of the military screen when i press "m"

its really annoying because it happend often when i wanted to set an alarm  >:(

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 12, 2013, 04:05:34 pm »

because you alt-tab'ed out ;)

many games are kinda buggy then and "think" you are pressing alt all the time until you press it again

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 12, 2013, 04:37:44 pm »

They're bugged migrants. There's a fix migrants command in dfhack, but I forgot if it was tweak fixmigrants or fix/migrants.

Thanks, that fixed them. The command was "tweak fixmigrant".

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1224 on: October 12, 2013, 09:43:03 pm »

In 4a, clothing items were returned to invaders. I understand that this was to allow them to burn properly, but I'm not sure if that was worth the large number of items that it has added. Apart from the clothing items themselves, it also greatly reduces the need for making my own clothing.
Its also for Adv Mode, otherwise everyone is naked. I know it adds a lot of items, 2 for each person, but then again its still better then vanilla, when they have socks and shoes and gloves and cloaks and hoods and all that.

I'll look into the changelings.

I killed a Wyvern megabeast, sent it to the slaughterhouse, and raised it up again. It came back as a Red Dragon, which is fine, and I sealed it away behind a bridge for absolute emergencies, not wanting it to burn the place down during a Forest Imp incursion. It then promptly starved to death. I was not expecting a Red Dragon to be a grazer.
Ok. What the hell ^^ is noted.

ElenaRoan: I plan to change that system. Keep the trap-comps the vanilla ones, and have the engineer build different ones. I already deleted that button, but didnt change the raws behind it.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 13, 2013, 03:56:38 am »

There is a "nothing" in the arena that crashes if you try to spawn it... One of your DOES_NOT_EXIST creatures might be missing a ARENA_RESTRICTED?

Just a minor issue.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 13, 2013, 04:47:59 am »

With the obsidian soul tileset, both Good and Evil biomes appear black unless you place your cursor over them.

It's an incredibly minor issue, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1227 on: October 13, 2013, 05:41:59 am »

With the obsidian soul tileset, both Good and Evil biomes appear black unless you place your cursor over them.

It's an incredibly minor issue, and I'm not sure how to fix it.
Best report it to Obsidian Soul himself, because he probably has the same problem with vanilla dF.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Blackdot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 13, 2013, 07:47:46 am »

There is small problem with new grid view for DFTherapist. Machine Operator is wrong, activating it actives oven operator. It's easy to fix by grid views and adding Machine Operator Labor.

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 13, 2013, 08:23:28 am »

It was already reported (internally) to Meph, it is was my fault.
Here you have the fix, also the latest version of the files.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61917600/gridviews_r12.dtg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61917600/custom_roles_r9.dtp
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 142