Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190625 times)

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1185 on: October 10, 2013, 05:00:15 am »

- Upstair stairs has no tile, it is black.
- Downstair stairs has no tile, it is black.

Aren't undeads supposed to die on Good biomes?
- I see them get resucitated on evil biomes, but they do not die on good biomes.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 10, 2013, 08:21:29 am »

Did the weight bench used to use up its reagents? I'm sure it used to devour my ash bars.

It was quite handy for tidying up, provided you only let it use stuff you didn't want.  Ways of converting large numbers of items to a smaller number of more useful things are really quite handy. It's one reason I love the expedition system.

I've got about 500 bars of lead right now that I doubt I'll ever use. I've no need of lay pewter. Or any other sort of pewter really. So another way of using lead bars for something productive would be quite useful.

Hmm. Is it any good for blunt ammunition? Could it perhaps be added as a metal option to the ammocaster for use in hammerhead ammo?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 10, 2013, 09:01:11 am »

You can always transmute the lead. Or any other metal you have far to much of without any real use.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 10, 2013, 09:09:01 am »

You can always transmute the lead. Or any other metal you have far to much of without any real use.

Lead transmutes to copper, at the cost of flux. That might be useful on occasion, but not to me right now. I'd rather hit my enemies in the head with it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1189 on: October 10, 2013, 09:55:57 am »

weight benches never used up anything.

- Upstair stairs has no tile, it is black.
- Downstair stairs has no tile, it is black.

Aren't undeads supposed to die on Good biomes?
- I see them get resucitated on evil biomes, but they do not die on good biomes.
which tileset?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 10, 2013, 01:57:04 pm »

This isn't really a bug, but it certainly is an issue.

My dwarf fortress has cutebolds as an enemy race, and they regularly send ambushes. The problem is that I can search the cutebold corpses for Bags of Loot. Meaning that after a single underwhelming ambush I am up to my eyes in valuable goods.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 10, 2013, 03:32:15 pm »

This corpse item thing is really causing all sorts of troubles. This should be an easy fix with making cute Bolds a different item corpse than regular Kobold thieves.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1192 on: October 10, 2013, 03:39:02 pm »

But its wrong. Cutebolds dont even have itemcorpses and cant be searched for loot, its normal vanilla kobolds you are talking about.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lowen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 10, 2013, 05:23:35 pm »

Ok, here's a thing...

In the woodcrafter's shop, the "make wooden parquet tiles(5) from plank" makes 5 items simply called "blocks".

Ascii tileset if it matters.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 10, 2013, 05:33:11 pm »

Disabling the ore processor doesn't seem to actually change the ore back to "pure ore", just disable having pure ore instead.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 10, 2013, 09:27:36 pm »

harder smelting and animated grass keeps resetting in the setup^^

and.. not really sure about it, but i think animated grass screws my fps hard in adventure mode

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1196 on: October 10, 2013, 09:49:33 pm »

the animated grass does not affect FPS, AND its deleted in the upcoming version, I changed the grass a bit. Obsidian Soul still has it though, thats Obsidians decision, not mine.

The harder smelting doesnt work, because I deleted the code behind the button. its useless, since the addition of the Ore Processor. I just forgot to delete the actual button as well. ^^

Felius: It doesnt change the inorganics, but changes the amount of slag/bars you get when you smelt it. Yes, you still have "mineral bearing rock", but if you disable the ore processor, it is just as good as the refined pure ore.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 11, 2013, 01:07:20 am »

Just downloaded the new version and tried to unzip it with 7zip and Winrar. Both give an error about 'CRC failed in 'MasterworkDwarfFortress\repository\icons\buildings\runecover.png'. File is broken.'

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 11, 2013, 01:21:09 am »

Felius: It doesnt change the inorganics, but changes the amount of slag/bars you get when you smelt it. Yes, you still have "mineral bearing rock", but if you disable the ore processor, it is just as good as the refined pure ore.
From what I checked in the raws, and tested, it still produced a lot of slag and few bars. Smelted a single Gold Bearing Rock for a total result of 2 slag and a single gold bar. Similarly, it counted the percentage it counted as "ore of [metal]" was still quite reduced compared to the processed version. Not to mention the fact that from what I understood you can get multiple "ores" from each "ore bearing rock".
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 11, 2013, 01:27:12 am »

4a  MATRIX

Changing the coal producing reactions from NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE to NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:NONE will allow workflow plugin to manage the production of coal.

Tested with compact peat with the result of "refined coal" which was then able to be used to continue to fuel the smelter.

Didn't test the other batch reactions for batch burning of wood to see what it produces.

Edit:  Saw 4b was just released.  No mention of removing the automatic reaction of polishing wood with oil.  I have better uses for my oil and would prefer to manage this reaction.  I know someone had mentioned it before.  Haven't checked 4b to see if that change was just unmentioned.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:34:41 am by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 142