Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137219 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #780 on: September 27, 2016, 03:22:10 pm »

Yeah I thought about that. Also, on today's update you're now able to have multiple private ships (now called "Company ships") with one character.
However, when my freighter dies..it gives me time to update them to a new TL, and their old cargo that nobody wants (low TL/QL) dies..so it has its advantages...except it's truly annoying to keep rebuilding ships, especially harvesters.

And permadeath on demiavatars is a bit worse than officers, since demiavatars takes many days to be born.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 27, 2016, 06:08:11 pm »

I kept my freighters at a middling TL to keep costs down, iirc. Even when I had TL30 warship-making capability.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 27, 2016, 08:41:06 pm »

Interesting, my tendency was to do everything at TL32 if it was an option.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 27, 2016, 09:39:28 pm »

Here's a video on some indigenous lifeform interaction (and a bonus clip of us boarding a pirate ship), starring Quake as the perfect diplomat and scientist.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 27, 2016, 11:01:00 pm »

I'll just sit here by myself, crying.
No one mind me.
(/s)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 27, 2016, 11:09:44 pm »

Hey, nobody is holding you of joining us and being a co-emperor.  :P We have cookies, bombs and C4.

Problem is, the empire home system has been in limbo for 4+ hours. Hazeron's getting on my nerves.  ::)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 27, 2016, 11:17:28 pm »

There is a specific thread in Bug Reports on the Hazeron forums for limbo, is there not?
Also it's not the same! I invested in my empire! It's mine! I had it first!
It's not faaaair!
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 27, 2016, 11:30:56 pm »

I thought you said haxus fixed limbo. :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 27, 2016, 11:36:45 pm »

Wasn't me. I haven't used the word limbo here in 3 years.  :P
And it was very likely me crashing the server..just don't know how.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:52:36 pm by Gabeux »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 27, 2016, 11:57:44 pm »

I did not. I definitely said something similar to it, but my point was that you were no longer in limbo for a week every other day.
I've been playing for over a month and I was only ever in limbo once, for about 4 hours.

"Limbo" just means "server that has your character isn't responding", after all.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 28, 2016, 12:20:28 am »

It will happen if your server crashes (goes into debug mode).  It wont pass off your data to another server and let you keep playing, because most likely the data would just cause that server to crash as well, in a massive cascade.  (this has happened before as a result of overlooking that)

Generally it only lasts a few hours while haxus fixes the problem, but there is a real chance you will get unlucky and the problem will take a while.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Deantwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 28, 2016, 12:28:05 am »

I thought you said haxus fixed limbo. :V
"Limbo" has been fixed. The current "limbo" is not the same kind of "limbo", it is just server crashes. The servers don't auto reboot so that Haxus can check what happened and fix it.
See: hazeron.com/wiki/Limbo

I like to think of it more like "trapped in a space-time anomaly", since the server is paused in the time of the crash. "Limbo" means that you are lost or nowhere at all, which is not really the case anymore.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:45:46 am by Deantwo »

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 28, 2016, 12:39:25 am »

I think thats a distinction without a difference as far as they are concerned.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 28, 2016, 03:00:31 pm »

Well I hope I'm not the cause of the problem but I'm gonna try to get in touch with haxus and see if it's my connection causing the problem because the Internet in my area is a little weird

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 28, 2016, 03:02:01 pm »

It's possible I guess.  He should have all the info he needs to fix the issue on his end regardless, however.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 65