Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137330 times)

Melanthius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #465 on: February 20, 2015, 02:47:26 pm »

pay to play? nty lol. im waitin for a better clone.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 20, 2015, 03:07:49 pm »

I'm starting to remember why when I played  I would turn off galaxy chat and pretend like the universe was mostly empty of civilized life and any alien life encountered was to be avoided.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 20, 2015, 03:18:20 pm »

I'm starting to remember why when I played  I would turn off galaxy chat and pretend like the universe was mostly empty of civilized life and any alien life encountered was to be avoided.

What would you do if this was dropped on your city?

(It had no doors, by the way)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 20, 2015, 03:45:50 pm »

FAKEEDIT: You forgot the fact Haxus is a VERY hands-off moderator. Troll, exploity and noobstomping empires know they can get away with it.

Would you really want anyone (let alone Haxus, renown for being clueless in such matters), to try to curb "troll noobstompy exploity empires". I dont know why you guys bother playing an MMO at all if you don't like interacting with other people and would rather GMs force people to "play nice". just play spore or something.

By the way, if someone was really trying to use exploits in hazeron against you, you'd be a lot worse off than you are. Your entire sector would be in perma limbo, haxus never fixed the method used for doing that.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 20, 2015, 03:52:06 pm »

Start to worship it.
Lolol

I would've gasmed a little, honestly. First I would have called in my tl31 warships, I had 12 or so. All trained and capable. Then I would've initiated contact and diplomatic avenues. Depending on how that went I would've initiated combat or I would've had a new friend. Either way I would've been fine. I was spread all over the galaxy. If my home system was completely destroyed I would've retreated to another sector entirely. I had so many backup plans, I was paranoid. I even had a massive Arc parked in the middle of deep space packed with hundreds of tl32 tech and all the supplies need to start over from scratch. My ringworld was hours away from anything else I owned. I had a massive empire but it was too much to maintain (pretty much why I quit).

I pretty much stayed out of politics and off the radar though. Mountainhome of the Imperial Dorfs was me. If anybody even noticed. I know the big empires scanned my systems but made no contact and no griefs so I got pretty comfortable. I do know if I played again I would join a bay12 empire and just stick to one system/sector.

Edit: was just going though some of my old SoH pics. Thought others might enjoy.

My universities on my capital.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My space station.
Mountainhome.
Another.
Bridge on my Flagship. Captain chair was at the top of the stairs.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:37:45 pm by Dorfs R Fun »

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 20, 2015, 08:32:40 pm »

so is there any chance of a full unlimited galaxy again or is it being put in a box

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 20, 2015, 08:34:51 pm »

It's a box. It reportedly runs better, though, but it's only been a couple days since it started up.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 20, 2015, 08:36:54 pm »

so is there any chance of a full unlimited galaxy again or is it being put in a box
It is in a box. The box represents people wanting to play it enough for the pay-to-play but haxus still wanting to work on whatever he's doing before returning to hazeron.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 20, 2015, 08:58:22 pm »

does the box expand if more players sign up.  Im half committed to sign up for a month or two

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #474 on: February 20, 2015, 09:10:37 pm »

Haxus has actually decided to drop his third project for now and just do Hazeron again since people offered to pay.

As for galaxy size, I think he plans to open it up as player numbers increase (and of course depending on how many people keep subbing hes figuring out how his server contract is going to be renewed this year, and if it goes well hes considering getting a better server) http://hazeron.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7043&p=80571#p80571
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 20, 2015, 09:21:08 pm »

ah so he is going to continue working on it, any idea if the lag is any better than it was, the expanding galaxy based upon player numbers is a good idea

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #476 on: February 20, 2015, 09:42:01 pm »

Old bugs/ai lag are still there but hes working on server crashes and lag bugs right now.  The movement patch is still there though so it at least seems smoother on the movement end (and lag typically isn't an issue except in systems with a bunch of troops or where some weird bug happens... or at least with the current systems load)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 20, 2015, 09:49:12 pm »

has he considered virtual servers which are much cheaper and only get activated when a player is online. 

SkyMarshal

• Bay Watcher
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 21, 2015, 01:18:03 am »

Ispil, this is Hazeron.  I'd be amazed if it wasn't somehow coded in a member that crashes on anything but the current server setup.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 21, 2015, 01:23:33 am »

That isn't entirely uncommon, as far as I'm aware the whole dynamic server setup wont necessarily work for already coded server management systems.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 65