Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137166 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2013, 08:49:31 pm »

I'll just say it.  After the restart, we should start a B12 empire.  We start in one sector, and work towards wormhole engines.  When we can start branching out, every player gets 1 neighboring system to claim as their own little area, but ultimately gives control to the empire as a whole.  This way, when players eventually get tired and stop, as dwarves are oft to do, the empire can remain stable and simply shift a bit.  When the time is right, we can roll out in massive force of ships to relieve others of their heavy, cumbersome resources.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2013, 09:17:19 pm »

I'll just say it.  After the restart, we should start a B12 empire.  We start in one sector, and work towards wormhole engines.  When we can start branching out, every player gets 1 neighboring system to claim as their own little area, but ultimately gives control to the empire as a whole.  This way, when players eventually get tired and stop, as dwarves are oft to do, the empire can remain stable and simply shift a bit.  When the time is right, we can roll out in massive force of ships to relieve others of their heavy, cumbersome resources.
Sounds good. Those resources really are difficult to haul. Maybe we could help lighten the load a little?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2013, 09:26:03 pm »

I agree, but not sure if I'll join myself since the lag I get is really heavy (my ping must be 150~300 - just imagine the 'choppy' movement I get), but I'd like to :)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2013, 09:28:00 pm »

I agree, but not sure if I'll join myself since the lag I get is really heavy (my ping must be 150~300 - just imagine the 'choppy' movement I get), but I'd like to :)
Movement is like that for everyone. Movement is done rather awkwardly.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2013, 09:44:40 pm »

I'd have to get a computer capable of running SoH first, as all I have is an Intel graphics card and that just doesn't cut it. But yeah, I'd be game for a Bay 12 Empire, so long as we're dwarves instead of some minmaxed powerplaying species.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2013, 09:54:13 pm »

True dat, the only problem is that I get "paralyzed" for almost 10 seconds, like a lag or disconnection.
It can happen frequently or less frequently (depending on server load, maybe?), but does that happens to everyone too?
If it does, everyone who plays like this deserve a patience medal. Hahaha and if it happens while you have helm, you could easily drive into a planet and insta-die horribly  :(
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2013, 10:25:01 pm »

It gets worse sometimes and better others. Often if the game is lagging to the point of being unplayable, you can log off, come back in an hour and fine you're moving around just fine.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2013, 11:03:10 pm »

True dat, the only problem is that I get "paralyzed" for almost 10 seconds, like a lag or disconnection.
It can happen frequently or less frequently (depending on server load, maybe?), but does that happens to everyone too?
If it does, everyone who plays like this deserve a patience medal. Hahaha and if it happens while you have helm, you could easily drive into a planet and insta-die horribly  :(

Honestly, the majority of my choppy movement happens while I am moving on foot. I notice far less lag when piloting. Really laggy days are an exception though.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2013, 11:08:39 pm »

Tried SoH the other month after a 2 yearish hiatus. Was having a ton of fun with the new worlds, but found out that slabs were broken when I tried to make my moon colony. Waited for them to be fixed a couple weeks, then just uninstalled.

It's such a great game when it works, but massive amount of bugs and lag is what makes me quit every single time.  :(
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2013, 11:47:48 am »

I'd have to get a computer capable of running SoH first, as all I have is an Intel graphics card and that just doesn't cut it. But yeah, I'd be game for a Bay 12 Empire, so long as we're dwarves instead of some minmaxed powerplaying species.

Mesa drivers should be able to run GL 3.2 soonish at least (your results may vary on the word 'soon').

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTQ4MzI
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2013, 07:43:53 pm »

bumping because........well last patch added 3rd person view........bugfixes and revamps of some mechanics (ringworld divisions trading between them via wharfs and airports and its dependant in the distance, this means that two divisions next to each other trade faster than two at different sides of the arc for example).......

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2013, 06:03:33 pm »

Count me in! That sounds pretty freaking awesome.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2013, 08:17:14 pm »

Can't remember if it was with Starborn Dominion that I was in when our people decided to go to war with PTMC (I think).

As our leaders were debating in contact with the enemy forces, me and two or more B12 moved on their systems.
IIRC we burned through deep space to invade separate systems undetected.
I could only get one or two planets before the lag and limbo got me, but it was exciting and in few minutes the enemy lost some planets at the same time.

It was very exciting to go to war with fellow B12ers  :D not so cool to the opposing empire, though.
Too bad my memory is shit sometimes.

-- EDIT: I think it was against the PTMC because the amount of butthurt by the enemy was way too high in the forums, which I found surprising since it was mostly an empire that reigned in attacking offline, decayed or weaker players, and we moved to get them when they appeared to be online.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:19:08 pm by Gabeux »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2013, 08:27:10 pm »

how about "The Toady Dominion"? or "Uristonia"......you know, for dorfiness

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2013, 08:28:33 pm »

Eh, Toady might not want his netname associated with other games, even if he isn't involved. Maybe something involving magma or adamantine.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 65