Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205475 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I'm more curious about the lack of Greyjoys honestly. That might come in the next season but I'd really love to see Victarion, he's fucking awesome, and that other drowned priest dude whose name I can't remember.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, know all that's left is for Arya to find a yellow pyjama and a katana. Go girl!
YOU MUST FIND A HANZO VALYRIAN SWORD FIRST

Also, I wonder why they changed Robb's wife's nationality in the show. Wasn't she supposed to be the daughter of some minor Lannister bannerman?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Westerling chick's mother or grandmother or something waa from the east.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I think the change was mostly so that people get more attached to her. In the books we really aren't told anything besides they met at their castle and he fell in love, is hard at work pumping babies but can't seem to manage a single one.

This way she seems a lot more believable, the exotic origin is mostly because I don't think they would've went with a commoner girl and not many Westerosi ladies are known to love visiting fields of battle.

Plus it's way easier to say she's from far away than to find an existing family that would be suitable.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

This way she seems a lot more believable, the exotic origin is mostly because I don't think they would've went with a commoner girl and not many Westerosi ladies are known to love visiting fields of battle.
Precisely why she was better as a Westerling. Plus, that moment when the Westerlings realize their daughter has married the King of their enemy is priceless.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

* Haspen laughs his ass off.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Now, for non--book reader. What do you think the season finale will be? The Red Wedding would have made a good ending, so I'm wondering what they could have in store.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Now, for non--book reader. What do you think the season finale will be? The Red Wedding would have made a good ending, so I'm wondering what they could have in store.
Just wait...

*cacks himself laughing in public*

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I honestly don't understand the people who are angry because of the episode. Shocked, sure, though I suspect you weren't watching the same series. Impressed, hell yes. Saddened, yes, I feel for you. But angry? At the writers/Martin? Err. In this case, definitely not getting it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I honestly don't understand the people who are angry because of the episode. Shocked, sure, though I suspect you weren't watching the same series. Impressed, hell yes. Saddened, yes, I feel for you. But angry? At the writers/Martin? Err. In this case, definitely not getting it.
First stage: Denial.
Second stage: Anger.
Third stage: Melancholy.
Fourth stage: CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

As a dedicated reader of the books, my thoughts on the reaction to the latest episode are,
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Mostly just people reacting to the Red Wedding, I think. They tend to put the big shocker event in Episode 9 (Ned's death, Battle of Blackwater, Red Wedding) and have a bit of conclusion in episode 10 so they don't leave people on a cliffhanger.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile

We may see stannis ready for war now, seems like he has all of his perceived competition out of the way.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 167