Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: A kobold summoner, now with a raven familiar.  (Read 4008 times)

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile

Extraplanar Runic, otherwise Intraplanar Mana.
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dream summoner: You can summon things from other people's subconscious. Obviously your own subconscious needs to be carefully structured to perform such feats, and is therefore not useful as a source of summons...

Lunacy: Creatures or objects are summoned based upon your connection to them. This means modelling your behaviour(and anything else would help if you possess the means to do so) to better match that of the summoned entity. So while it is perfectly feasible to summon the dread toaster of agonising delays, you will have to resemble it in order to maintain its presence. Control is based largely on mental mimicry of the summon, which means carefully balancing perverting your mind to control the entity, but preserving your mind to keep your original intentions. For this reason it is advised to train and regiment your mind so as to be able to revert to your self after summoning.
 Easy to summon lots of similar things, but controlling them would exert a great deal of mental strain.
 Difficult to summon varied things simultaneously.
 Easy to summon non-mental entities.
 Helps to model yourself after your desired summon, be that by wearing a costume to look like an oven, strutting around like a bird, or having yourself transmuted into a many-tentacled horror... Or doing all three at once.
 Makes it difficult to gain the confidence of others...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Though how do contracts work? If you want legalese, I will drown you in it.
They're like Final Fantasy summons. Contracts are usually mutually accepted. They will often be limited on a case-by-case basis. (X uses per day, X uses before renewal, cannot be used for cleaning up after a battle, summon needs cake before doing anything, etc.) They cannot knowingly directly harm the summoner, but might not save us if they don't like us.

Both with contracts and runic bindings, if a specific creature dies, it cannot be re-summoned again.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Extraplanar, Contract, sub runic.
Legalese + confusing runes = Win.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

+ all my yes
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+ all my yes
+ all of my yes, as well. Though switch it around. Legalese written in runes!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You do of course realise that ludicrous fine print combined with inescapable contracts will result in obtaining the services of only the extremely legally proficient and the extremely gullible...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Three votes for contract as a main style, three votes for runic as a primary style.

Combining

Choose Extraplaner Runic Contract summoner? We can buy horrifyingly complex summoning contracts, the simplest of which take even our Superior Learning weeks to fully decipher. In our off time, we can seek out new entities to bind to our will with the Power of Legalese and Forced Contract Signing. Our minions will usually spend the summoning cost themselves, and likely need to be allowed certain liberties to keep at usable strength (IE, we'll only summon you if you'll be given leave to convert defeated foes to your religion, YOU'LL get to drain life from an acre of forest, YOU'LL get to loot the remains of my foes).

Recommended backgrounds are: Magical University graduate (More notorious, could be good or bad), Kobold runaway taught by elder spirit of unknown purposes (We could call upon it, but it will demand stuff), and Ex-noble's pet (Knowledge of nobility, but we're weak against small children pulling our ears and demanding a story while calling us 'Sammy').
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:40:58 pm by Nirur Torir »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Hmm.
University graduate.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

elder spirit
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Marceline

• Bay Watcher
  • meow meow meow meow
    • View Profile

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

✯Former pet!!!✯
Read the First Post!

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

elder spirit

+1

+1, make it like an old person who asks us favors like scratching his old back or giving him hot baths for his feet.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Pet, that sounds like it would be interesting!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now there is a fine and noble individual gifted in the delicate art of choosing a worthy background.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4