Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34

Author Topic: WizardQuest: The Quest to be a Wizard  (Read 59466 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: WizardQuest: The Quest to be a Wizard
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2013, 08:05:28 pm »

Agree to Charlie's terms. Let the Archmage know the re-warding will be done tomorrow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2013, 09:40:16 am »

Nah. If we want to work with the Archmage, we should write him an apology note and give him a few days to cool down first.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2013, 05:36:06 pm »

Nah. If we want to work with the Archmage, we should write him an apology note and give him a few days to cool down first.
The quest will probably be taken by then! Besides, no time like the present to make amends.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2013, 07:09:22 pm »

Well... nobody is trying to break the tie on our major action suggestions GWG. Might as well suggest more preliminary job research stuff for Fuzz to work on in the meantime.

Visit the Merchant who wants the Spiral Stone. See if he has anything in stock that would make the 1000gp Store Credit worthwhile.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2013, 09:15:16 pm »

The quest will probably be taken by then! Besides, no time like the present to make amends.
I have to agree with this idea. I add one.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2013, 10:16:14 pm »

I have to agree with this idea. I add one.
+1
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2013, 03:12:10 pm »

WHat happens if we expose it to other types of magic? Divine?

CHARLIE says that other varieties of MAGIC will not effect the slab.
You thank CHARLIE for his help and leave.

Also check what the Artificer will pay for the slab.

That seems like a bad idea. You think that telling anyone else about the slab would be inadvisable.

Agree to Charlie's terms. Let the Archmage know the re-warding will be done tomorrow.

Time to speak to the ARCHMAGE.

->

->

You think he may know you're here.
Just a hunch.

The ARCHMAGE greets you in a terse manner. He seems dubious that you would be able to WARD his TOWER with any degree of competency.

You explain that the dwarf who lives in the TOWER across from him will be doing the actual WARDING.
He says the dwarf? His WARDS seem very exceptional.
He gives you a TREE PIN. This will allow you to temporarily shut off the TOWER'S MAGICAL EMBLEM.

Visit the Merchant who wants the Spiral Stone. See if he has anything in stock that would make the 1000gp Store Credit worthwhile.

You exit the WIZARD'S GUILD and head for the TRAVELLING MERCHANT'S SHOP.

CRAZY DAVE'S DISCOUNT EMPORIUM ON ITEMS OF A MAGICAL NATURE seems to have a large stock of ITEMS OF A MAGICAL NATURE.
There is a crude SYMBOL OF THE SMILING GOD engraved on a board on top of the shelves. You give it a nod.

CRAZY DAVE himself does not seem to be present.

good evening valued customer! what may crazy dave's discount emporium do for you today?
Oh Gods what was that!?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2013, 04:18:44 pm »

Swallow you fear and great the crazy thing. Ask about the spiral stone job, and the items he has in stock.

Break the good news about the Archmage job to Charlie.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2013, 04:18:53 pm »

What do you have, good sir?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2013, 04:22:20 pm »

Ask price of what is obviously a Catgirl Potion.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2013, 06:31:32 pm »

Swallow you fear and great the crazy thing. Ask about the spiral stone job, and the items he has in stock.

Break the good news about the Archmage job to Charlie.

You ask about the SPIRAL STONE.
oh yes! i did indeed post a quest about such an item!
you see, i have misplaced it in a large storage area. i keep many items there, marbles and crystals and balls and magic items and various junk. normally this wouldn't be a problem, but the area has recently attracted a large number of monsters! those horrid creatures are probable touching by things, do you understand?

no, i don't think you understand. they could be playing with my junk this very moment.

they could be fondling my balls as we speak.

What do you have, good sir?
Ask price of what is obviously a Catgirl Potion.

You think a change in subject is in order. You ask about the ITEMS he has for sale.

oh yes! crazy dave's discount emporium stocks only the best magical oddities and mystical doodads for our discerning customers!
from left to right:

A PORTABLE HOLE, which sucks in objects that get too close. It is currently encased in a protective glass sphere. Does not effect glass or glass-like materials. 250 Gold, or 108 Dubloons.
A TREE OF CREATION. Drop something in the hole, and in three to eight weeks fruit made from the material of the object will appear. 500 Gold, or 400 River Dollars.
A MONSTER ALERT CUBE, which makes a curious noise when monsters are near. The purpose of the screen on the front in unknown. 250 Gold, or the smallest finger from your left hand.
An IMMORTAL'S HEART. This item will regenerate any damage done to it, and continue to beat. Useful for a wide range of magical summonings, sacrifice rituals, and mystery meat barbeques. 300 Gold, or the eyes of a close friend.
A JAR OF INFINITE KITTENS. Tip it over, a kitten comes out. Repeat until adorable quota is reached. 400 Gold, or four barrels of human hearts.

here on the left we have these discount items, for the truly frugal! from right to left:
A PHEONIX FEATHER, which combusts on contact with an injured creature, healing them. Cannot raise the dead, as is widely rumored. 125 Gold, or a lock of your hair.
EALIT'S SOCKS OF JUMPING. While wearing these, you can leap vast distances. 150 Gold, or 400 left socks.
A MARBLE OF DIMINISHING. Speak the command word while holding it, and you shrink. Release the MARBLE, and you return to your normal size. 100 Gold, or two barrels of virgin's blood.

and finally here on the right, we have our most expensive, high-quality items! from tallest to smallest:
A TREE OF PAIN. The fruit that this tree bares can be made into both a potent poison and a poison antidote. The raw fruit is harmless to eat but very spicy. 600 Gold, or some of your skull-flesh.
A PYRAMID HAT OF TRUTH. When worn, it allows the wearer to see beyond illusions. 650 Gold, or the soul of your firstborn child.
An ORB OF GRIME, which allows the user to call forth a stream of sticky fluid, slippery grease, or horrible filth up to three times a day. 600 Gold, or a demon's tongue.
BLACK-HAND JACK'S JOURNAL. This book contains the secrets of the notorious necromancer and pirate king, BLACK-HAND JACK. 700 Gold, or twenty tons of cabbage.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2013, 06:36:34 pm »

Check how much gold we have.
Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2013, 07:26:27 pm »

Give him a lock of your hair, and the smallest finger on your left hand for the related items.
Free Items are free.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2013, 07:57:25 pm »

Give him a lock of your hair, and the smallest finger on your left hand for the related items.
Free Items are free.
True.
+1

Why not also the ones worth the eyes of a close friend (Squishee can remake them) and maybe the soul of your firstborn child (if we don't intend to have kids anyways).
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2013, 08:00:20 pm »

THEY COULD BE FONDLING MY BALLS AS WE SPEAK

I can't breathe
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34