Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Alright, while DF2013 does sound and look cool and all...  (Read 5680 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Alright, while DF2013 does sound and look cool and all...
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 03:11:29 am »

YES, Shonen Fortress please.

I mean for god's sake we have at least two major MLP conversion mods, at least make SOME semblance of good animu.

Why the hell do we have so many MLP conversion mods compared to everything else is beyond me, but I don't mind it. (and neither should you)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 06:02:57 am »

1) Arena. I'll probably mess around in it for a few hours researching the new combat rules, trying to catch arrows and whatnot.

2) Adventurer Mode. Will have to find out the limits of climbing, jumping, sneaking and capturing. Maybe bring in one of my targets alive, just to see what would happen.

3) Fortress Mode. See whether farming has been changed and whether vampire dwarves are still alcohol-dependent.

4) Build a fortress with 200 dwarves, every one of them getting danger room training. Wage war on everything that moves. Once all of my neighbors start sending their best troops, retire and start another fortress, this one small and autonomous. Leave the game running for a few hours. When I get back, find out what happened to the first fort.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 01:53:49 pm »

I mean for god's sake we have at least two major MLP conversion mods, at least make SOME semblance of good animu.

Why the hell do we have so many MLP conversion mods compared to everything else is beyond me, but I don't mind it. (and neither should you)

Oversaturation. I don't mind MLP itself, but I cannot stand the fanbase because of how obnoxiously in your face they are about how YOU MUST ACCEPT US ZOMG, ALL U HATERZ ARE LAMEZOR, UR WITH US OR AGAINST US. >.>

but yeah. Gonna need to science up the joint. Gotta check all the old major bugs, see what's fixed, check what Toady broke in the new release, etc.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2013, 02:44:07 pm »

4) Build a fortress with 200 dwarves, every one of them getting danger room training. Wage war on everything that moves. Once all of my neighbors start sending their best troops, retire and start another fortress, this one small and autonomous. Leave the game running for a few hours. When I get back, find out what happened to the first fort.

Better yet, join your troops as an adventurer. (or fight them, whatever floats your boat)

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2013, 02:58:37 pm »

Go on a quest for treasure. Now that we will have all the new sights, it means we will have all sorts of new loot from the different races, and we will even be able to find cool abandoned sights and pillage them for <<Steel Longswords>>. Which is all the aspiring adventurer really cares about.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 03:01:33 pm »

I think i will embark on a goblin fortress and attempt to take it over. this could go horribly wrong, or beautifully right.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 03:04:26 pm »

I think i will embark on a goblin fortress and attempt to take it over. this could go horribly right, or beautifully wrong.

Fixed.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 03:04:56 pm »

EDIT: wrong topic
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 03:52:19 pm by Putnam »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 03:27:50 pm »

I suppose the first thing to do would be to create a functioning fortress, and attempt to build the Mountainhomes. Then retire, become and adventurer and attempt escaping from my now hostile fortress.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2013, 08:44:38 pm »

Oversaturation. I don't mind MLP itself, but I cannot stand the fanbase because of how obnoxiously in your face they are about how YOU MUST ACCEPT US ZOMG, ALL U HATERZ ARE LAMEZOR, UR WITH US OR AGAINST US. >.>

but yeah. Gonna need to science up the joint. Gotta check all the old major bugs, see what's fixed, check what Toady broke in the new release, etc.

love the show, hate the fans. it's a lot like df that way. and everything else, for that matter.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2013, 11:05:32 pm »

You hate DF players? :c
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2013, 11:12:16 pm »

Just the ones who believe themselves to be special and different from everyone else because of their interest set.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2013, 11:52:41 pm »

Just the ones who believe themselves to be special and different from everyone else because of their interest set.
I don't believe the community has search persons. Unless they are so underground they hit the smr, so I'm not quite sure what there is to hate. That seems to be something that is quite general and non-specific to any one community.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 04:49:46 am »

I don't believe the community has search persons. Unless they are so underground they hit the smr, so I'm not quite sure what there is to hate. That seems to be something that is quite general and non-specific to any one community.
Well, he despises vocal videogame purists for some reason, so I guess his definition of hateable people is broader than the one we're used to seeing.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 12:21:25 pm »

It's the same reason. Narcissism.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4