Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191290 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.29
« Reply #435 on: June 12, 2013, 10:52:14 am »

FIX SELF BACK.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.29
« Reply #436 on: June 12, 2013, 11:01:39 am »

Ask the shopkeeper if he has any more powerful magical items in stock. Also, buy 3 minor health potions and consume 1.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:24:20 am by Chink »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.30
« Reply #437 on: June 14, 2013, 06:23:28 am »

Turn Thirty

Ask the shopkeeper if he has any more powerful magical items in stock. Also, buy 3 minor health potions and consume 1.

”Ah…” says the pleasant shopkeeper. ”I see you are a man of means… a bleeding man of means… Well. I have, if you’d like to step through to the back back room, through here, a single Middling Health Potion x1 of a very good vintage – twenty gold Yuros – and a small set of top quality enchanted crossbow bolts. This miniquiver of five gives a bonus of +1 to hit – ten Yuros for that, good sir; this miniquiver sets your victim on fire, if he’s hit – fifteen Yuros for that – and this miniquiver attacks the poor fecker with a bolt of lightning to go with the bolt of… crossbow. Thirty Yuros for that though, sir.”

He looks Whiz very closely in the eye, glance dancing imperceptibly down to the wizard’s bulging coin-pouch before he speaks.

”And for the true connoisseur, as you looks to be, your honour, I have one each, for ten Yuros a piece, of a +1 to hit Bolt of Leprosy, a +1 Bolt of Paralysis, and, my favourite, a +1 Bolt of Excessive Nausea. I’ve still got a couple of them potions of Inflict Flatulence too, if you’re interested, sir? Liven up a dull dinner party? Everybody likes a good bit of flatulence, eh?”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Check what may have been the trigger for the trap as well as where the trap was positioned. Then calmly go down the corridor, watching out for similar triggers (if something is found) or something else like pressure plates or the like. Stay low. Whoever trapped this temple loves bolt traps. Crawl, actually, but make sure to watch out for pressure plates or obvious tripwires. Make sure to peek around corners before negotiating them, stopping in case of anything direly alarming and requiring further thought.

"Ah. Well," pronounces Gervedder, gratefully. "Thank you for volunteering to test the traps. Let's calmly proceed along now."

"I dodged that crossbow bolt completely on purpose!" Lady Foxglove declares, a little defensively, before Gervedder starts examining the door frame. Lady Foxglove watches him with mild disappointment as he successfully and – hence the disappointment – safely deduces that the trigger was something to do with the door opening. Pressure pad in the frame, it looks like. About shoulder height.

The messenger drops to his hands and knees and starts crawling forward, turning left down the corridor.

Action: Stay low alongside Gervedder and help him look for more traps. Don't step on the traps.

Next to him Lady Foxglove also drops to her hands and knees, withstanding the indignity of it all given that if someone important did happen to pass by they probably wouldn’t be able to tell it was her in the more-than-semi-darkness.

Halfway down the corridor, not far ahead, the ghoul that fled as she kicked down the door last turn stops its flight and, just at the edge of their visibility, turns to look at the adventurers.

It’s hard to tell in the darkness but it seems very vaguely as if the ghoul is making taunting facial expressions.

Follow at a safe distance.

"My arse still feels weird!" complains Tackov. "All, like, weird and stuff!"

He also crawls down the corridor towards the ghoul.

FIX SELF BACK.

Meanwhile, in the main temple room, Bukkar rolls around on the floor like a log. It doesn’t seem to help. He just feels slightly angrier than normal and wonders, angrily, if he shouldn’t just let rest and a good diet do their work.

Lose interest and follow the group, suggest rolling around like a log to Bukkar. Give him a kick in the arse or lower back if he needs one. Perhaps it helps.

Stop to admire and inspect the blue stones.

”Perhaps you should just let rest and a good diet do their work?” suggests Medha. ”Or perhaps you should roll around like a- oh. You are. Does it help? How about a kick right up the arse? I could probably do that?”

Before Bukkar can make any reply other than grnnnnnng, he suddenly feel a whopping great pain right up his arse, spasms about on the floor for nearly a minute whilst frothing from the mouth, and gets to his feet, perfectly cured and actually slightly less angry than he was two minutes ago before he got kicked right up the arse.

”I… You! The!”

”Heehee! You’re welcome! Nice stones, eh?”

Bukkar feels a little confused. Medha hurries after the rest of the team before he regains his wits.
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.30
« Reply #438 on: June 14, 2013, 07:02:06 am »

Gervedder, at a bit of a disadvantage in this situation, considers asking the ghost something.

"Excuse me, sir, but I don't believe we've met. Who might you be?"

"Also, I would ask you to stop making faces at us. It is the polite thing to do. Not to mention it breeds respect that may prove the basis of a reasonably productive mutual partnership."

Ask ghost a question.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 14, 2013, 07:12:12 am »

Lady Foxglove scowled. Was it mocking her egregious posterior position? Or did it think she couldn't reach it without-presumably-charging through a trap filled corridor?

Well, one advantage of a crossbow was that it could be fired from a laying position. She was about do so when...urgh, diplomacy broke out..

She bumped Gervedder in the dark. No, not that way.

"Well, let's hope it's in a talking mood. Otherwise, just say the word messenger, and I'll send it an airmail express delivery straight to Ghost-Hell....crossbow style." She declares action heroically, cocking her crossbow dramatically for just that purpose.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 14, 2013, 07:22:08 am »

"Well, let's hope it's in a talking mood. Otherwise, just say the word messenger, and I'll send it an airmail express delivery straight to Ghost-Hell....crossbow style." She declares action heroically, cocking her crossbow dramatically for just that purpose.

"I doubt shooting a ghost with a nonmagical crossbow is likely to help, milady. Then again, not really a supernatural expert. Besides, who knows what this creature may tell us. If he or she can indeed speak."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 14, 2013, 07:24:01 am »

Ask ghost a question.

"Excuse me, sir, but I don't believe we've met. Who might you be?"

"Also, I would ask you to stop making faces at us. It is the polite thing to do. Not to mention it breeds respect that may prove the basis of a reasonably productive mutual partnership."

”Bu- th- I- Whooooooooooooo?“

The ghost’s gasts are flabbered. He was just meant to hide up there by the door, making scary noises and taunty faces before running – or gliding – off down the corridor. He’s not quite sure what to do in this kind of situation. He pokes his tongue out and flees.

She declares action heroically, cocking her crossbow dramatically for just that purpose.

As he drifts round the corner under the snubbed and scandalised faces of the lead adventurers a crossbow bolt pings against the wall after flying straight through… him? Where he used to be? It's hard to be sure.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 14, 2013, 07:26:00 am »

"So he can speak. Good. Let's follow it."

Follow that ghost. Keep crawling and watching out for traps.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 14, 2013, 07:41:15 am »

Follow that ghost. Keep crawling and watching out for traps.

"So he can speak. Good. Let's follow it."

Gervedder and Foxglove crawl along in the dark, narrowly avoid bumping their heads into the wall at the end of the corridor, turn, and find a door before them. The ghost seems to have gone.

Suddenly the ghost’s head pokes through the door, the ghost’s head pokes out his mouth, and he speaks.

”Na na na na naaaa!”

His head disappears back through the door.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 14, 2013, 07:44:10 am »

"He looks to be leading us somewhere. Hm."

Start crawling back a ways, see if ghost follows.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 14, 2013, 07:48:03 am »

"Damn ghostly trails. It's like trying to hit a mirage.

Oh yes, let's. I ain...I'm not afraid of no..of any ghost."
  She says, oddly scrambling her words.

Lady Foxglove scoots back in unison with him, marveling at their heroic coordination.

"...But, crossbow bolt doortraps I'm concerned about.

Action: Shuffle alongside messenger some more.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:49:40 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 14, 2013, 08:02:48 am »

Follow along.  Try not to step in the diplomacy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 14, 2013, 08:40:55 am »

Lady Foxglove tapped her thigh impatiently, waiting for the Ghost to appear. Or not appear. Whatever. It seemed it had been almost thirty or forty minutes waiting, though she knew it wasn't that long.

She spoke to Gervedder to pass the time.

"Tell me messenger, why is it you seem so singularly immune to any attention I pay you?

Were it any other adventuring duo, we could be snarking back and forth about or relevant positions and closeness, and the procedures thereof from where we could accomplish interesting things. But, somehow I know if I made a interesting comment, it would bounce off your head with all the resiliency of Golemhide. Am I merely a woman unworthy of attention? Or are you just confused?

Perhaps you are doing that 'If I don't pay attention, she'll want me all the more' thing? Cause I can play that game too...if that's what you're doing...what are you doing?"
she asks, raising both eyebrows.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 14, 2013, 08:58:29 am »

Lady Foxglove tapped her thigh impatiently, waiting for the Ghost to appear. Or not appear. Whatever. It seemed it had been almost thirty or forty minutes waiting, though she knew it wasn't that long.

She spoke to Gervedder to pass the time.

"Tell me messenger, why is it you seem so singularly immune to any attention I pay you?

Were it any other adventuring duo, we could be snarking back and forth about or relevant positions and closeness, and the procedures thereof from where we could accomplish interesting things. But, somehow I know if I made a interesting comment, it would bounce off your head with all the resiliency of Golemhide. Am I merely a woman unworthy of attention? Or are you just confused?

Perhaps you are doing that 'If I don't pay attention, she'll want me all the more' thing? Cause I can play that game too...if that's what you're doing...what are you doing?"
she asks, raising both eyebrows.

"Well, it is certainly a reasonable question, as I suppose you are a bit of an attractive woman with a certain proclivity toward being admired. This is all well and good, but I am not really the ogling type, if you will forgive the term. The fact of the matter is, I am more of a practical individual. That is, I am more tended toward greed than lust. Thus I'm not really the type to flirt much, either. I find it to be intrigue of a sort that neither this group nor I myself particularly require, though it would doubtlessly have had much appeal in a more innocent time."

The messenger pauses for a moment, remembering something.

"Also, I am a bit too married to flirt a whole lot, but that is a secondary concern, though nevertheless important."

He shows his right hand to Lady Foxglove for a moment. There is a plain wooden ring on the ring finger.

"Sacred promises and all that."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 14, 2013, 09:11:57 am »

Lady Foxgloves stared at the ring as if firebeams would leap from her eyes, and burn it off his finger.

Then she snorted and chuckled in an unladylike fashion.

"Oh, well that explains everything. You must be quite faithful to your wife, to turn down someone like me. Most married men I've met have been terribly unhappy about the whole situation-a situation they seem to think I'd remedy for them. Ah, but I'm not jaded enough to think that's always the case. I don't do any..hrmm, poaching? Of couples, I mean. Marriage should be respected...even for someone like myself. And, it's not very sporting.

Tell me about your beloved spouse, messenger. How did you meet? Is she a fellow messenger? Perhaps you were messenging along one day and bumped into one another?

I love couple stories. I have so many of my own, it's nice to hear how other-more mundane-people meet."

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:14:52 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 118