Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC  (Read 61798 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Hey guys, could I have some help with the speech I need to make tothe public to make sure violence doesn't happen?
What do you need help with?
Kinda all of it. I mean, I have some ideas. Oi just need it to sound good and nor cliched.
What do you want to say, and what do you want to imply unsaid?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile

Hey guys, could I have some help with the speech I need to make tothe public to make sure violence doesn't happen?
Kinda all of it. I mean, I have some ideas. Oi just need it to sound good and nor cliched.
I want to say something along the lines of "I'm sorry about this happening, they were good people, blah blah blah" What I want implied is that it might not have been an accident at all.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to say something along the lines of "I'm sorry about this happening, they were good people, blah blah blah" What I want implied is that it might not have been an accident at all.
Hm...a toughie. Well, first off, instead of referring to it as an "accident," call it an "incident." Um...yeah, going cliche isn't such a sin, especially with the general "sad this happened" thing.
Avoid saying you're sorry, though--that implies guilt.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm...a toughie. Well, first off, instead of referring to it as an "accident," call it an "incident." Um...yeah, going cliche isn't such a sin, especially with the general "sad this happened" thing.
Okay. Would saying that I regret this incident be acceptable?
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay. Would saying that I regret this incident be acceptable?
Hm...I think "I regret that this incident occurred" would be better--makes it seem less under your control, which explains why you need to be given more control rather than less.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

"This tragic occurence"
"This unfortunate incident"
"This terrible coincidence"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Coincidence? I think NOT!!!!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Truly outrageous.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

So, for the benefit of all, but particularly me and the guy playing the company whose name I can't remember off the top of my head, I found a wonderful little site, called orbital vector. The creator hasn't been active for the better part of a year, from the looks of it, and he certainly doesn't cover everything(no mention of walkers, battle suits, power armor...*sigh* or lightning guns, sadly), he covers a whole lot, and some quite interesting stuff. Though, with rail guns, for example, I'm wanting to use them for artillery alongside coil guns, but they'd be at a lower power, because I don't want them to be needle shaped- I want them to look something like an aircraft's wing, gaining lift during flight so it has a truly tremendous range, though it will have to pack an explosive head for bombardment duties, unlike the coil gun artillery.

Speaking of tech, I'm thinking that the UNNE and FTL/AT will probably be major technological competitors...or partners.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be honest, I'd prefer partners. But, only time will tell. First, I need to unify Japan. Badit warlords, dontcha know.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 12:42:48 pm by Fr0stByt3 »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

To be honest, I'd prefer partners. But, only tim will tell. First, I need to unify Japan. Badit warlords, dontcha know.
God damn it! I thought I told Tim to shut his fucking whore mouth about that. >:(

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm... wat?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Wait... Tim didn't say anything? Well then! I'm gonna go apologize to Tim. Later!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

As I stated in the RTD game, I am limited to 15 minutes per day on the internet, so I can't really update at the current time.  I'll give an update upon the status of this limitation if someone reminds me in a week or so.

Wait... Tim didn't say anything? Well then! I'm gonna go apologize to Tim. Later!

Why do I get the feeling that if something goes wrong in this game, it will be blamed on 'Tim'?

Umm... wat?

You made a typo when you tried to spell 'time' by accidentally leaving off the 'e.'
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Derp. Fixed that :P
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35