Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC  (Read 61860 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

It's not impenetrable? It's just fortified and hidden. If you find it then it will just need time to get in.
Needing an ICBM to get in counts as pretty impenetrable.

How exactly is 90 vehicles larger then a small country?

Vatican-City is still a country.

Points is, you got a hidden position you don't need to leave, and which won't get noticed unless somebody accidentally discovers it (unlikely).
Hell, will probably make a pretty boring game for everyone, because the first time you'll interact with anyone is when you fire a biodisease of mass destruction.

Also, what provides the power?

Spoiler: Graph of OP-ness (click to show/hide)

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welding equipment or similar will get you through, without much trouble it'd just take some time.

But I'll edit it a little bit, hardly unfair considering it's 4000 ish against hundreds of millions and some dragons can do the same by breathing.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Completely removed my farm, cut the advancements to the vehicles to just standard models and lowered my population and also cut my advanced infantry stuff to 1 prototype of each.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

It's not impenetrable? It's just fortified and hidden. If you find it then it will just need time to get in.
Supplies is perfectly reasonable, water is easy to find and food is simple to grow underground with the right lights.
High tech weaponry thats highly limited and only a prototype to use against an enemy that outnumbers me hundreds of thousands to one.
Hardly a game breaker.
How exactly is 90 vehicles larger then a small country?
You're missing the point, but I'll counter your points one by one:
1. It's still better than everyone else's bases.
2. Do you understand how that makes you immune to sieges? (Assuming that you somehow have sufficient fertilizer and power.)
3. True, but A. they're not all or even many going to attack you at once and B. where did you get it?
4. 90 vehicles including helicopters and such is better than many small countries have. The most important word is small. Still, you're a lot smaller than almost any country. Why and how do you have so many vehicles?
5. Overall? No one thing is game-breaking, but altogether you have a Jack and Near-Master of All Trades with no weaknesses short of a good-sized nuke (which darn near everything is weak to), which is, in fact, the rough equivalent of 3.5's Druid class. If it leveled up at twice the speed everyone else did.

But I'll edit it a little bit, hardly unfair considering it's 4000 ish against hundreds of millions and some dragons can do the same by breathing.
Are you familiar with guerrilla warfare? Then get read up on it.
If you're considering who would win in open war, you're doing it wrong.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know already, hence why I weakened my people and left us no option but to come to the surface a lot.
As for the base, it existed already and does in real life I just messed around a little to change the facilities in it.

But I'll cut it down a little more later, the base itself I'm keeping though it's the basis of the whole character.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:40:02 pm by Brood »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Time to decode!

Zahf Opkklu. Zlhyjo aol jpaf mvy zbwwsplz, mvvk, nhz, laj. Zalhs nlulyhavyz pm wvzzpisl, jvbsk jvtl pu ohukf mvy zlClyhs aopunz buklynyvbuk. Kv uva thrl haahjrz buslzz h nvsklu vwwvyabupaf lepzaz.

Now, the buslzz h nvsklu gives me my first hint. The 'h' is by itself, and since it's not capitalized, and she appears to be using capitalization, it must be 'a'. A is eight letters before H. Going off this, that would mean 'z' is s, a is t, and so on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And so her message becomes;
Stay Hidden. Search the city for supplies, food, gas, etc. Steal generators if possible, could come in handy for seVeral things underground. Do not make attacks unless a golden oppurtunity exists.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

... lol

You did that whole thing instead of

*look for conspicuous number, FIND*

*look for something that stands out to say what kind of cypher is being used, FIND*

DECODE LIKE A BAWS.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... lol

You did that whole thing instead of

*look for conspicuous number, FIND*

*look for something that stands out to say what kind of cypher is being used, FIND*

DECODE LIKE A BAWS.

Took me like half an hour too, since I did it by hand. Of course, with actual encryption and coding software and coders, it's a very simple code, but one of the originals.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

mmmhm. None of them have been intercepted yet, so no real reason to go for more complex stuff.

Now, if one of them ever is (still written very vaguely so they have no idea wtf is going on)

THEN I start doing the crazy indecipherable shit.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the point where I google 'auto-decoder', since we are supposed to be countries with pretty good anti-encryption folks.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the point where I google 'auto-decoder', since we are supposed to be countries with pretty good anti-encryption folks.
I've already been doing that.
Something like that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I already decoded it GWG. Why'd you do that. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I already decoded it GWG. Why'd you do that. >.>
I didn't notice you had.
Sig

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile

This is... amusing. ragnarok, I'll have an agent over there soon. His alias will be "Alexei".
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So. I can haz thruster assisted jumps for my battle-suits and/or power armor, right?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35