Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC  (Read 61880 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC
« Reply #345 on: May 06, 2013, 07:03:59 pm »

... a tunnel network for travel,...
I now know what I'm going to steal from Kymore.
Did I mention it's filled with dragons going back and forth?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 06, 2013, 07:09:51 pm »

It's a long-term project.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 06, 2013, 07:15:56 pm »

It's a long-term project.
True. Time will tell and all.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

For the theory behind why that might possibly work in a land where there be dragons, magnetism is a force. Gravity is a force. Magnetism can attract Or repel things. Thus with gravity, in a way.
Actually, gravity is universally attractive. That's one of the major reasons it, and not electromagnetism, is the major shaping force of the cosmos.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

For the theory behind why that might possibly work in a land where there be dragons, magnetism is a force. Gravity is a force. Magnetism can attract Or repel things. Thus with gravity, in a way.
Actually, gravity is universally attractive. That's one of the major reasons it, and not electromagnetism, is the major shaping force of the cosmos.

That's why it's a revolutionary technology. It changes our understanding of the universe.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

That's why it's a revolutionary technology. It changes our understanding of the universe.

I'm going to say that gravity cannot be affected in this universe.  At least, not yet.  Fusion also seems a little too advanced for the setting outside of very early prototypical applications.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserved for character sheet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:02:30 pm by Brood »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

We have fusion now. It's just that we haven't found a way to get more energy back than we put in.

EDIT; that's fine though. You said 'in this setting', after all. Meh. Still got a lightsaber.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:26:59 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

We have fusion now. It's just that we haven't found a way to get more energy back than we put in.

Response:
early prototypical applications
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Name: Rodney King
Latent Ability: Persuasion
Appearance: Average 21 year old man, has an aura of what some would call leadership surrounding him.
Character Bio: Rodney grew up a normal kid, except he had a tendency to steal things. What would happen is that he would talk to someone with something he wanted, and he would "accidentally" talk them into giving it to him. When he grew up, he started playing games like HL2, which is why he was prepared for this kind of thing.

Group Name: Outlands Outcasts
Knowledge: Unknown
Overall Goal: A military government that can defeat any alien invasion, focused on surviving when the combine/dragons return.

Members
Humans: 50
Dragons: 0

Resources:
1 Hideout in the mountains, capable of holding 100 men.
75 USP pistols
5 Remington shotguns
10 M14s (Military Surplus)
1 MG-42
2 year supply of preserved food and fresh water
Small cache of homemade explosives (canned grenades, smoke bombs, mining charges repurposed for breaching)
10 camo uniforms.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Overall Goal: A military government that can defeat any alien invasion, focused on surviving when the combine/dragons return.

In this universe, the dragons evolved alongside humans.  There has been a combined dragon-human civilization for over 4000 years.  The dragons then took over 40 years before this game began.

-Self Promotion-
I have started a game in the Roll to Dodge subforum.  Link is the last one in my signature.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

In this universe, the dragons evolved alongside humans.  There has been a combined dragon-human civilization for over 4000 years.  The dragons then took over 40 years before this game began.

-Self Promotion-
I have started a game in the Roll to Dodge subforum.  Link is the last one in my signature.
Well, it was that the overall goal be a military government that can repel the dragons if they come back.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it was that the overall goal be a military government that can repel the dragons if they come back.
They never left.
Sig! Onol

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

They never left.

And where would they go?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Well, on a sustainable basis that doesn't cost absurdly much.

They never left.
And where would they go?
Don't be so hard on him. One part shapeshifting dragons, one part remote lairs, and two parts insanity could make someone think all the dragons had left. Besides, such a person sounds...amusing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35