Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC  (Read 61831 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2013, 12:47:17 pm »

Woooo, posting~
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2013, 12:47:49 pm »

You used a program for that last, right?

I can read reverse, but writing's rather hard.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2013, 12:50:13 pm »

Mhm. I might find an actual CODE to use for later stuff, but I'm lazy right now.

and not everyone can :P With luck they'll just think that it's some messed-up language.

Also! the servant girl is actually just Coria, she doesn't actually get someone to bring it for her.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:52:17 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2013, 01:34:04 pm »

Numbers fudged from RL. Lots of humans, as it should be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2013, 03:04:53 pm »

Mhm. I might find an actual CODE to use for later stuff, but I'm lazy right now.

While it is good for roleplay, can you put a summary of the orders in a spoiler at the bottom of your turn?  If you are going to be doing this every turn, then it is going to be one MASSIVE pain to sort through, and it would be likely that I would miss most of the orders.

1920-1940 are the high days of airship technolgy. If not for that  unfortunate accident, and the 2 Wars playing up with development, a carrier as large as mine could have been build. (It's only 50% larger than the Hindenburg, after all).

Speaking of which, here are some working prototypes. 1919, 1923-1924*, 1929 and 1933

History sure is interesting. The only difference is that my ship is a bit bigger, significantly better armed, and modified for dragons. The design it was based on was developped in the 1940's.
For me and others, the difference in time is also highly important. It makes the life of a revolutionary much, much harder. After all, it's the governement which owns and operates all these new technologies. Also the question of how the wars work in a time where MAD is, due to the territorial rivality of dragons, widespread. And it Basically invalidates most of the character concept, and requires a complete redesign of the ships. It also means a difference between an effective fighting unit, and a glorified transport ship**.

*Prototype
**Can't outrun, nor outmanoevre, nor avoid any enemy. Radar, sattelites, missile technology all result in this thing being absolutely useless as anything else than target practise.

Oh, THOSE kind of airships.  I was thinking more of a flying version of the current day naval vessals, which would make sense of being prototypical in this setting.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:06:41 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2013, 03:51:48 pm »

You know we should have subsets of the sides, like for instance D.E.T.H would like to destroy other groups on the more 'kill all dragons' type group.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2013, 04:04:34 pm »

You know we should have subsets of the sides, like for instance D.E.T.H would like to destroy other groups on the more 'kill all dragons' type group.

As said in the two faction details, there are conflicts between groups on the same faction, but the factions are working towards the same goal, keep power, or free humans.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2013, 05:08:58 pm »

Then Fire breath, I guess.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2013, 05:18:43 pm »

Then Fire breath, I guess.

With that change, you have been added.  I also put in 'weakening gas' because that is what GreatWyrmGold has as well for his golden dragon, because your character is also a golden dragon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2013, 05:34:56 pm »

We were supposed to be slaves, right?
Not to my knowledge.

I do. The People For The Safety of Beaches, they are, lead by an "archmage" whose only magic is to stop magic. Oz?
No human knows of their abilities, yet, because they haven't activated for the first time, by extension, you would not know this either.  Please correct this, GreatWyrmGold.
I did not know that and will correct it ASAP.

*nods* Also explains why they're following a ten-year-old.

She's a bitchin' writer and strategist. :p
Alright, the Wiggin Rebellion might be an issue. At least it's not Peter.

As said in the two faction details, there are conflicts between groups on the same faction, but the factions are working towards the same goal, keep power, or free humans.
The Elder Wyrm would like to remind you that those are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2013, 05:37:33 pm »

Indeed.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2013, 05:40:53 pm »

Indeed.
To which, the last?

Also, how are we supposed to read ragnarok's action?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2013, 06:19:38 pm »

Indeed.
To which, the last?

Short answer: You're not. :p

Long answer: It's encoded. You can probably figure out how if you work through it. I'll go ahead and PM the decoded version to the GM, of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2013, 06:31:16 pm »

Indeed.
To which, the last?

That didn't take that long to read.
What emmissary are you planning to assassinate, may I ask? I don't know of any of the dragon players that have sent messages to Russia.

Short answer: You're not. :p

Long answer: It's encoded. You can probably figure out how if you work through it. I'll go ahead and PM the decoded version to the GM, of course.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2013, 06:33:47 pm »

They're not the only bigwig dragons :P NPC shit.

Also I'm gonna go ahead and edit it into an actual cypher.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35