Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169957 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #525 on: June 05, 2013, 10:25:54 am »

Nerjin: I think I understand why you have multiple people voting for you now, Is there any reason for me not to join in?

None at all, I am the worst player to have in any mafia game ever as you know. All I have to give is my assurance that I'm town since you're not really telling me what you're talking about specifically.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 05, 2013, 10:32:37 am »

Nerjin: I think I understand why you have multiple people voting for you now, Is there any reason for me not to join in?
Your first RPless post and you manage to say what is likely the single scummiest thing this game. You're asking a person there is a bandwagon on and on whom you don't have any case why you shouldn't join on the bandwagon. Simultaneously, you manage to combine extreme laziness, passive agressiveness, OMGUS and baseless voting into one ultra-scummy sentence. That's... I have no words.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 05, 2013, 10:39:46 am »

Jim Bo Bob:
Do you have an opinion on a player besides me?

What about your reads on notquitethere, Nerjin, and Lenglon?

Nerjin I read as focusing on an easy target (Lenglon).  His lack of case on anyone else makes me suspect him.  Solifuge is very interested in this game.  In the past, Interested Solifuge was Scum Solifuge, but that meta tell is awfully old and I can't put too much faith in it.  My opinion on Deathsword is "Deathsword is playing?"  Shini... hmm.  He got off to a scummy wordy start, and has quieted down quite a bit, IMO.  Worth keeping an eye on.

NQT:  He's a bit hard to read on D1, so keeping an eye on him.  The needle on him is pointing very slightly in the scum direction.
Nerjin:  See above.
Lenglon:  Confused new player.  New tells are wrecking the signal to noise ration, so I'm not too sure where to lean on that case.

Lenglon:
"I dont get it, for some reason, Deathsword-senpai seems to be being considered in the clear by most people. Am I missing something? Why is his refusal to speak being considered more productive than Nerjin-senpai's fickle attitudes?

You're not going to get anywhere with this line of questioning.  Also, who says Deathsword is clear?  I damn near forgot he was playing, and that's a bad thing.

Toaster: are you seriously just going to vote jim/vector and leave it there all day? I thought it was an amusing joke at first, but the day's nearly over and you still have an RVS vote lying around. If you have an actual case on him, please present it.

RVS?  No, it's a lynch vote.  He's scum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 05, 2013, 10:45:46 am »

Your first RPless post and you manage to say what is likely the single scummiest thing this game. You're asking a person there is a bandwagon on and on whom you don't have any case why you shouldn't join on the bandwagon. Simultaneously, you manage to combine extreme laziness, passive agressiveness, OMGUS and baseless voting into one ultra-scummy sentence. That's... I have no words.
(OOC, just for you.)
bah, that only holds true if I'd actually voted for him.
Toaster: are you seriously just going to vote jim/vector and leave it there all day? I thought it was an amusing joke at first, but the day's nearly over and you still have an RVS vote lying around. If you have an actual case on him, please present it.
RVS?  No, it's a lynch vote.  He's scum.
"Why?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 05, 2013, 10:50:26 am »

(OOC, just for you.)

Actually it still holds as an OMGUS of sorts. It might not be what you intended but it seems like a lazy accusation. It'd be like if I said "Jim is scum. It's obvious." but then just stopped. It makes everyone think 2 things. 1) That I think Mr. Groovester is scum and 2) That I am lazy scum who just sorta throws around suspicions without committing to anything or even working on my claims.

But then again I'm the worst player to have in any mafia game ever so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 05, 2013, 10:56:24 am »

"Considering that the entire point of that question was to be vague, I really am having trouble caring. and how on earth is that an OMGUS anyway? I think we must be using different versions of the term here. which definition are you working with?"

"Don't worry, if I end up voting for you, there'll be an actual reason attached."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 05, 2013, 11:00:43 am »

"Considering that the entire point of that question was to be vague, I really am having trouble caring. and how on earth is that an OMGUS anyway? I think we must be using different versions of the term here. which definition are you working with?"

At this point I'm not sure if you can afford to be vague. I'm no expert, in fact I'm the worst player to have in any mafia game ever, but it seems to me that subterfuge isn't helping at this point. You don't have time to be wily. What you need to do is be up front and wow us all with your case. I don't see it as an OMGUS per se. It's just that with me voting for you and the fact that it's a really vague attack on me, weak as it may be, it's sorta like an OMGUS and some people are bound to see it that way.

As I said earlier you need to be upfront with your case at this point. Being vague near the end-day doesn't help your chances and can in fact hinder them since people might not pick up on your subtlety until it's too late.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 05, 2013, 11:02:45 am »

The above was supposed to read as follows:

At this point I'm not sure if you can afford to be vague. I'm no expert, in fact I'm the worst player to have in any mafia game ever, but it seems to me that subterfuge isn't helping at this point. You don't have time to be wily. What you need to do is be up front and wow us all with your case[ s ]. I don't see it as an OMGUS per se. It's just that with me voting for you and the fact that it's a really vague attack on me, weak as it may be, it's sorta like an OMGUS and some people are bound to see it that way.

As I said earlier you need to be upfront with your case at this point. Being vague near the end-day doesn't help your chances and can in fact hinder them since people might not pick up on your subtlety until it's too late.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 05, 2013, 11:12:07 am »

Backtracking already? Why so soon? Why else would you ask him why you shouldn't vote him if you weren't going to vote him?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 05, 2013, 11:15:02 am »

"upfront with my case? ok."
Lenglon opens her notepad and flips open to a blank page, writes on it for about a minute, then turns it around and holds it up in the air for everyone to see.

Deathsword is scum.
Deathsword has not asked a single question since his first post of the game, during the very start of the RVS phase.
Deathsword voted on a target of opportunity, using other people's arguments, and none of his own, including old nonsensical ones.
Deathsword is not answering all the questions asked of him.
Deathsword has used borderline lurking behavior in the past to hide when he is scum.
Deathsword is currently using borderline lurking behavior.
Deathsword has posted six times, three of those contain no content, one is an opening RVS post.
Deathsword has taken quotes out of context.
Deathsword set off my instincts on a large scale, and I should trust my instincts.

Deathsword also is a horrible person, because he directly advocated that I stand by when I see someone being abused and do absolutely nothing. but this is not evidence that he is scum, just that I never, ever, want to have him as a neighbor.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 05, 2013, 11:18:50 am »

Backtracking already? Why so soon? Why else would you ask him why you shouldn't vote him if you weren't going to vote him?
(again, OOC, just for you)
because I wanted to see how he would react to getting yet another vote. He should be under almost as much pressure as I am. If he responded the way I did earlier, by answering all the possible accusations that came to mind, then I'd have gotten a lot of good information about if he is scum or not.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 05, 2013, 11:30:54 am »

because I wanted to see how he would react to getting yet another vote. He should be under almost as much pressure as I am.
This quote made my day. I'm literally laughing... out... loud...

Ah shit, you're serious, aren't you. Well, at least you're admitting to trying to conjure a case on him out of thin air (or rather asking him to conjure up some kind of anti-case, so you won't vote him) just to save your ass and tie the vote. That's a good start to not being an embodiment of scummitude, though still rather worse than not doing scummy shit at all.

Also, I am extremely sorry for asking to overexert yourself by writing in plain text and not referring to yourself in third person when addressing me. I completely understand the inherent difficulty of preventing oneself from making everything purdy.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 05, 2013, 11:37:23 am »

I am at school and my teacher keeps breathing down my neck. I think she is getting annoyed of the sight of this web page... both cado and I are her students so yeah... moving on~
Quote from: nerjin
None at all, I am the worst player to have in any mafia game ever as you know. All I have to give is my assurance that I'm town since you're not really telling me what you're talking about specifically.
-snip-
But then again I'm the worst player to have in any mafia game ever so take what I say with a grain of salt.
At this point I'm not sure if you can afford to be vague. I'm no expert, in fact I'm the worst player to have in any mafia game ever, but it seems to me that subterfuge isn't helping at this point
I've backed off for the week due to my current work load but I'm sticking my head in here. I've already stated that I think Lenglon is town and I still stand by that. What I can't let go is Nerjin. You have finally posted some "content" and what is this? Your said content is completely void of actual weight. There is no strength to your posts and nothing creative or new. Your "I'm the worst player ever" thing has obviously been picked up by everyone but you are much more experienced than many "students" here. God damn it! Post some damn content! Being humble or whatever you would like to call it doesn't give you an excuse to give crappy answers and do terrible scumhunting.

I was going to take my time and arrange a strong attack tomorrow or something but I can't let this go. It was so dumb I wouldn't be surprised if nobody attacked you simply for it being to obvious. I accuse your humble statements of a case of RIA. And I accuse you of being scum! Now, seeing as lenglon just presented a reasonable and straightforward case on Deathsword I would like you to go over every point in her list and address it fully. Just try to defend your scum buddy. If you can't retaliate to her case then I am assuming that you are voting Lenglon for no strong reason either.

I forget who mentioned it here but Ranger and I discussed it at school as well. We don't know if night kills are conducted naturally. Toony, if I ask, would you tell or would you be as silent as a mute panda bear.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 05, 2013, 11:46:47 am »

I forget who mentioned it here but Ranger and I discussed it at school as well. We don't know if night kills are conducted naturally. Toony, if I ask, would you tell or would you be as silent as a mute panda bear.
I would avoid talking about the game with players outside of the game, but anyway, I am not saying.

@Dariush:
You big stinky face!!  >:(

Also Day Ends in roughly 10~ hours

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 05, 2013, 11:49:20 am »

Lenglon:
Griff: Could you tell me what your read is of Leafsnail and why?
Meh.  Not much of a read.  I still have to do another full read-through to solidify my reads of people.  I wasn't expecting getting in this game day one, so I have some homerwork to catch up on. (See what I did there? ;D).  He buddied you at one point, but I think it was a total accident, seeing as how he immediately backed away from you. (Past experience has also taught me that it's super easy to buddy you.  Your emotions play a heavy role in your gameplay.) This makes me lean slight town towards him, but I definetely don't have a strong read there...
But I'm certain Deathsword-senpai is one of them. I've been trying to build a stronger case on Deathsword-senpai, but the way he keeps his posts to the bare-bones minimum makes it difficult.
Wait... Weren't you accusing him of artificially inflating his posts to make them longer at one point?  Now you're saying the opposite, that he's posting the bare minimum.  I request explanation on this point.

Solifuge:
Here you promise that you're building a case.  In fact, you said that you might not even need the extension to go through to get the case done.  Where's this case?  Or were you just being cute, hoping that no one would notice if you posted promises without results?

Shini:  Why do you think Lenglon is Town?  Or did he just mention it at school?

Tiruin:  What's your opinion on Lenglon jumping to your defense?

Are there any more questions addressed to me that I haven't answered?  I'm not sure if I missed any or not.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 100