Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169489 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2013, 12:11:13 am »

(small digging reveals odd things... and missed questions.)

"Tiruin-san, I forgot to answer your query about People with their own agenda(third parties). It seems a likely scenario given the amount of people we have as suspects, so its not that out there.(Maybe theres another Tom Cruise Cult) Mostly, I was just trying to cover all the bases."

"NQT-san, you mention something odd here:
"NQT-san, how likely do you think it is that we will find a bully today?"
"Unfortunately, I don't think it very likely Ranger-kun. The odds are against it even before we take into account the bullies rigging the votes. I think though that we have the heart to succeed!"
What brought this on?" (This makes it seem like your claiming to have a love ability... again.)

"I intend to ask, listen, and answer all the questions that are given to me Griffy-san. This is already showing some oddities such as our seemingly unemotional NQT's Heart comment."

"I did not know that Daruish-san was under the weather Nerjin-san. Or are you hinting at something?"
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2013, 12:18:58 am »

Unvote
Quote from: Shinigami_King on May 31, 2013, 11:05:40 pm
Griffy
(Yes FUN Vector, not obligation)
You know that I don't like Vector's playstyle. Are you trying to befriend me?
. . .
"Pretty paranoid there, huh. Where is befriending seen there, my fellow yokai lover?"
Tiruin- Isn't a major point of mafia to be paranoid. If you aren't you wont see people as scum then everyone just becomes your school buddy. In the latest BM that I just left due to time restraints, it seemed like everyone was buddying. I plan to keep an eye out for it from this point forward.
"You seem to be averse to answering questions in multiple forms. Why is that?"
What do you mean by this? How have I been averse to answering multiple forms of questions?
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2013, 12:25:44 am »

Argh these contrasting colors is starting to get hard to read.

"If you had the... ability, for a lack of a better word, to kill everyone who visited your house but could also stop anyone from visiting each night, when would it be appropriate to kill all your visitors, Zombie-san?"
When all the visitors are scum. What's the point of this question?

PPE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think its going to make it harder and take more time.
"Yeah..how?"
More noise to sift through.
...Its a bloody picture (without the blood). How is that noise? It just simulates the flow of a conversation, is all. Pretty easy to read over unless you're that paranoid of every word.

Its not right now, but in general I've found that scum like to bandwagon on a person with minimal additional reasons or flawed reasons.
Yeah, scum also like to 'bandwagon' for good reasons. Remember people utilizing other's mistakes and riding on them? Something to look out for.

Also, what's your take on newbies and the game--if they slip up, how will you differentiate town from scum there?
There's a lot more in-char text which is near useless to get reads with. Newbies are more likely to exhibit specific tells such as the OMGUS and reading too much into NKs. 

How about you?
Favourite tell: commenting on the validity of a case against someone while specifically avoiding talking about the person themselves.
Least favourite: "flailing", ie getting panicked, angry or illogical when driven into a corner.  It is basically never a valid tell (there was a statistical analysis that suggested the person who accuses someone of it is usually mafia though).
You're answering a completely different question. Which ones are most/least valid, not favorite.

Toaster, Tiruin, Daruish and Zombie Urist- How do you think the roleplaying is going to affect this game? Do you expect people to use it as cover.
I said earlier its gonna make things more annoying. Cover? Possibly. It'll have to be considered. Why are you asking multiple people the same question?

“I’d like to apologize for the delay of actual work right now but a friend is over and I have business tomorrow. Hopefully Sunday sees me more capable of playing. For now though I’m curious about you, Zombie Urist, you haven’t spoken much and from what I remember of you when we played the Viva Revolucion! board game the other day you don’t speak much as scum. Do you always remain so quiet?”
Yes. This gets brought up basically every game.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2013, 12:30:46 am »

I said earlier its gonna make things more annoying. Cover? Possibly. It'll have to be considered. Why are you asking multiple people the same question?
Because there is a lot of us playing and I don't think I would be able to come up with creative questions for each of us. I though I already stated my reason -___- Also, I'm lazy~
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2013, 01:29:29 am »

Why're you lazy? Lazy to scumhunt, or formulate original questions? Lazy to communicate?

What's your plan in finding scum, Shinigami?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 01, 2013, 01:42:50 am »

EBWOP
"I mean, he's asking himself why he's handsome, and all that...n-not that I think he's handsome. I mean, everyone's handsome in some way."
"OOooooohhhh, Tiruin liiiiiiiiiiiiikes Ford. Are you saying you'd like it if he put you in a cage tonight?" (aka, used a jailkeeper's night action on you?)

"He's an acquaintance! :I Also...err, what? I didn't say anything like that, but..ehh, sure? I guess? Is it a nice cage? But I don't like being caged..but this cage is protective? Unsure, I'd like others to be protected as bullies are really mean, but..sure.

"It'd be nice to see more variants than the usual."
Like Jailkeepers, never saw them in any game before. "Why do you ask?"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 01, 2013, 06:56:43 am »

What brought this on?" (This makes it seem like your claiming to have a love ability... again.)..."This is already showing some oddities such as our seemingly unemotional NQT's Heart comment."
#[NQT] looks momentarily downcast by Ranger's callous remark but after a deep breath carries on in a calm and measured voice.

"I know about emotions Ranger-kun, I can list at least seven. Just because I'm logical doesn't mean I don't have a heart. But if I wanted to claim something I would just claim it."

Shinigami Heika
"You do know asking a lot of questions, pretending to be interested in people and then not following up on their replies is a classic bully sign?"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 01, 2013, 07:17:34 am »

Ranger perhaps didn't know about #[NQT]'s past uses of the catchphrase:

Nerjin, just go for that team. We'll only know it was a good one if it succeeds. (Besides, spraypainting isn't that hard, and your team has the smarts, the muscle and the heart to win!)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 01, 2013, 08:15:20 am »

Good, so you are interested.

Because if you're playing with any sort of interest instead of a sense of obligation then you're probably scum.

I didn't hear a denial of you being scum in there. Saying that you're enjoying yourself and that it's good practice isn't exactly a contradiction.

Lenglon, Solifuge and nerjin- Do you use any unique scumhunting techniques? Would you care to say what techniques you use?

Can you not at least name one specific bad tell?

To start with, I would like to hear from everyone: which tell do you think is most valid?  Which tell do you think is least valid?

"Leafsnail-san, sorry I'm late with my answer: The most valid way of identifying bullies?  I'm still new here so I'm working it out by practice.  I've been working on a requested_work to work_put_in ratio that I feel is hopeful though.  The basic theory is that people will fake scum hunting by being overly pressy.  This means that they'll typically force people to put in more effort than they are putting in."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2013, 08:46:03 am »

"It'd be nice to see more variants than the usual." Like Jailkeepers, never saw them in any game before. "Why do you ask?"
That is so adorable. I could put you in a cage and pet you all day long.

How would that make you feel? Loved and appreciated?
"Mostly because his cage seems like his defining characteristic, at least so far, and to me. I figured if I was going to poke you about the handsome comment I might as well poke you about wanting to be in his cage too."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2013, 12:23:53 pm »

PFP

Vecooster, Grifionday, leafsnail and ford.- What in your opinion is the most valuable information received from RVS.
"RVS provides a pretty good baseline for a person's behavior later in the game. Laziness, bandwagoning, chainsawing and other things can also pop up. Most of the scum I've identified successfully I've identified from their behavior during RVS and immediately after."

That is so adorable. I could put you in a cage and pet you all day long.

How would that make you feel? Loved and appreciated?
I raise an eyebrow

"Appreciation typically comes with respect, so no I wouldn't feel appriciated.  I hardly consider a desire to keep someone as a pet love, Ford-chan."
"I see. Well, I guess that kind of thing takes time."

To start with, I would like to hear from everyone: which tell do you think is most valid?  Which tell do you think is least valid?
"Leafsnail-san, sorry I'm late with my answer: The most valid way of identifying bullies?  I'm still new here so I'm working it out by practice.  I've been working on a requested_work to work_put_in ratio that I feel is hopeful though.  The basic theory is that people will fake scum hunting by being overly pressy.  This means that they'll typically force people to put in more effort than they are putting in."

"The least valid?  Them putting pressure on you to see if you're a bully.  After all, isn't calling people out on that omgusing?"

"Well no, that isn't omgussing. An OMGUS vote is one cast purely to retaliate at someone who voted you. The "you suck" part is kind of important."

"Why are you apologizing to Leafsnail?"

Nerjin: Would you describe yourself as a bit of a cold fish?

"Well Ford ol' bean I simply find I don't cater towards fish as well as some may expect. Indeed it is amongst my least loved foods. If you're referring to my personality than I find myself a bit of a damper in social situations."

[AKA: What?]
*shrugs* "I don't actually know what the phrase means either." *pulls out his phone and starts tapping buttons* "So, let's check the dictionary."

Quote from: Dictionary.com
Cold Fish n. Informal
An aloof person.

*looks up at Nerjin* ... "well, are you?"

"I mean, he's asking himself why he's handsome, and all that...n-not that I think he's handsome. I mean, everyone's handsome in some way."
"OOooooohhhh, Tiruin liiiiiiiiiiiiikes Ford. Are you saying you'd like it if he put you in a cage tonight?" (aka, used a jailkeeper's night action on you?)
"Creepiness aside, I do find Tiruin's shyness to be very cute."
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2013, 12:37:44 pm »

Shinigami Heika
"You do know asking a lot of questions, pretending to be interested in people and then not following up on their replies is a classic bully sign?"
I haven't been asking that many questions really compared to others so I don't know where you are going with that. I am interested in peoples opinions, I can't really prove that to you unless I try to completely change my play style though. As for not following up on replies, well I feel if I ask a question and they answer with no questionable content there is no reason to just say "Hey ford, I completely agree with your answer to my question! Good job!" That would be dumb and a waist of time and a post. That would be buddying with everyone which I don't like anyway.
Why're you lazy? Lazy to scumhunt, or formulate original questions? Lazy to communicate?

What's your plan in finding scum, Shinigami?
I'm just lazy, lazy in life that is. So putting a tonne of effort into something and blindly rushing into the fray isn't really my style. In the latest BM I got aggressive fast because of Vector's techniques but I have gotten used to the different scumhunting methods used. My plan for finding scum will simply be looking for flaws in gameplay. The things that I pay attention to the most are either answers to my questions or attacks towards me so I tend to "OMGUS". It's not real OMGUSing because I see flaws in a persons gameplay, (meaning I'm not just going to go and say, "hey you vote me so I'll vote you") but I only see those flaws because they drew my attention in the first place.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2013, 02:36:37 pm »

People are having fun and I hate it.

Jim- Yes I am happy. I like answering questions I just don't like being swarmed as I'm sure anyone would agree. Also, I feel like other things can be learned from RVS but your point is valid.

So just enough questions that you get to show how town you are, but not so many that you crack under pressure, I see.

Sounds like you have something to hide.

Because there is a lot of us playing and I don't think I would be able to come up with creative questions for each of us. I though I already stated my reason -___- Also, I'm lazy~

Creative questions are not the goal of the RVS. Asking everyone a question is also not the goal of the RVS.

What were your goals asking those questions?

Griffy

Why not?

I'm just lazy, lazy in life that is. So putting a tonne of effort into something and blindly rushing into the fray isn't really my style.

Combined with your other answers, this makes it seem like you're just putting in the minimal amount of effort to avoid outing yourself as scum.

Shinigami_King-kun-san-chan.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2013, 03:16:46 pm »

Quote from: Shinigami_King on May 31, 2013, 11:05:40 pm
Griffy

Why not?
I don't like vectors playstyle because she is very aggressive. I talked about my views probably too much in the BM that I just left. If you want you can go check it out but to summarize; I don't like overwhelming pressure whether it is on me or someone else. I just can't think straight and because of this I defended Lenglon because I felt there was unfair pressure. If I had my way, in a perfect world, the way we would find the scum (or in this case bullies) is just keep things organised like a debate and because everyone would behave normally the ones who stuck out would be the scum. That is a "perfect scumhunt" however so we aren't ever going to get that for mafia due to human interaction. Hope that answered your question.

What were your goals asking those questions?
Hopefully, by asking these questions, even though they aren't the most creative things ever I will be able to learn about the players here. II don't know the majority of people playing in this game so the more I learn, the better.

So just enough questions that you get to show how town you are, but not so many that you crack under pressure, I see.

Sounds like you have something to hide.
Hopefully you understand what I meant when I addressed pressure earlier on. Also, when I say I'm lazy I kind of mean that I don't like reading large walls of text (thankfully, this hasn't happened much so far.). It just overwhelms me and I go brain dead. I like simple things, so having a bunch of questions from multiple people is about equivalent to a wall of text for me as well. I also tend to miss questions if there a tonne of them flying around so I like to be abl to answer every question asked.

Go ahead Jim, ask away.
I will ask some questions of my own after I read some more.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2013, 03:50:35 pm »

People are having fun and I hate it.
"Daaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"
Lenglon pokes her tongue out at Jim-chan

-snip-
"You've said pretty clearly what you don't like in a scumhunt Shinigami-kun, could you tell us what you do like in a scumhunt, and how that could realistically work to find scum? you're currently asking  for people to not use a whole lot of their scumhunting tools. what would you suggest that they be replaced with?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 100