Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Valley full of cyclops  (Read 12611 times)

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
Re: Valley full of cyclops
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2013, 02:49:11 pm »

Building destroyers also cannot destroy a floor hatch from underneath. Same for constructed floors. But they can be destroyed from the top.

So, it's another 'They stay outside as long as they stay outside' condition applies.

When demons destroyed my fort one dwarf lived for like six months after, on fire and bleeding from everywhere.

It was pretty metal. I hope your fort has the same spirit :)
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2013, 02:51:03 pm »

Constructed floors can't be destroyed at all.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2013, 02:52:40 pm »

Constructed floors can't be destroyed at all.

Really.

<revises plans>

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2013, 02:59:10 pm »

My expedition leader run to the destroyed wagon, apparently to get food and booze(wich I dont understand since I have plenty of that inside my fortress ruined dining room) so I'm sealed again and this time without a pick, the only way to escape would be deconstructing walls or bridges but that has a very high risk of death. So I have six inmigrants left. What should I do?
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

-Urist McMason, enraged at having found a Gecko Man in his fortress.
Urist McMason likes Gecko Man Eyes.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2013, 03:00:30 pm »

Urist looked resignedly at Catten.
Only one thing left to do.
Attend Party

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2013, 03:27:46 pm »

This is the end, the demons found the remaining dwarves
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2013, 03:28:57 pm »

This is the way the fort ends.
This is the way the fort ends.

Not with magma, but miasma.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2013, 03:40:30 pm »

Any hope left is crushed, the only way out would be deconstructing the wall behind the demon
Also look at the status of the remaining dwarf, see those purple things behind the dwarf in the first image? Those are his rotten body parts
What is this? Apparently the only dwarf alive is trapped in web and other demons dont bother with him
And just look at his state
I think I finally have to admit defeat

EDIT: While I was waiting for my dwarf to dia a forgotten beast appeared, a humanoid composed of pelagic clay with two tails, he ran upstairs and I hoped that he could kill some demons but this is what I get
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:18:40 pm by Skorp »

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2013, 04:55:47 pm »

Ok, this is ridiculous, the dwarf has been there for almost an entire season and it says that he can breathe, stand, grasp and he's heavily bleeding. Furthermore he isn't getting hungry or thirsty, what the fuck is happening?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2013, 04:57:28 pm »

Could he be a vampire?

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2013, 05:01:07 pm »

Could he be a vampire?
I dont think so, the thoughts say that he ate a decadent dish lately and he is still not able to breath

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2013, 05:13:13 pm »

Could he be a vampire?
I dont think so, the thoughts say that he ate a decadent dish lately and he is still not able to breath
Is it possible one of the dead dwarves was a vampire and this one drank his blood, and the fish was a leftover thought?
Vampires don't eat, drink, sleep, or breathe, so it would make sense that he was.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2013, 05:20:01 pm »

Could he be a vampire?
Is it possible one of the dead dwarves was a vampire and this one drank his blood, and the fish was a leftover thought?
Vampires don't eat, drink, sleep, or breathe, so it would make sense that he was.
I guess that could be right, considerating that hes is almost drowed in blood from another dwarf, also an inmigrant wave came so I guess even this isnt the end

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2013, 05:28:40 pm »

Holy crap, the demons escaped and now they are fighting the other demon(the one who was outside since the beggining)
Also all my inmigrants die but my ¿vampire? its safe in a bed

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2013, 05:56:09 pm »

your fort hangs on a knives edge. who will win? the cyclopion masses or the demonic hordes? either way, this is a great thread.

what is the name of this fort btw?
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9