Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Valley full of cyclops  (Read 12615 times)

Jahsg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Valley full of cyclops
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 05:58:07 pm »

I would love a copy of your save.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 06:00:52 pm »

I would love a copy of your save.
mine?
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

-Urist McMason, enraged at having found a Gecko Man in his fortress.
Urist McMason likes Gecko Man Eyes.

Emerald Salamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 06:38:25 pm »

As would I also love a copy of your save Skorp
"Therefore, I implore you, merry band of shit-for-brains midgets, to stop acting like idiots."

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 06:46:59 pm »

Thirded. I've never seen anything like this before, short of that monster island thread in the adventure section a while back, and even that had an explanation.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 07:02:02 pm »

Ok, I'm using a mac so what I have to upload? Also I created a world with advance parameters and doubled the volcanic activity, savagery and megabeast so that could be the explanation
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 07:16:57 pm »

wait till the goblins take interest in you.  make sure there's a way in and out of your fort, for migrants.  don't worry about attracting merchants just yet, get to the caverns for wood, and dig out a tree farm.  make a farm for food.  if you still have your pack animals, butcher them, or if they're of the same species and different sex, let them breed.  the goblins will fight the cyclopsi.  eventually, you can go and collect the skeletons.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 07:47:59 pm »

wait till the goblins take interest in you.  make sure there's a way in and out of your fort, for migrants.  don't worry about attracting merchants just yet, get to the caverns for wood, and dig out a tree farm.  make a farm for food.  if you still have your pack animals, butcher them, or if they're of the same species and different sex, let them breed.  the goblins will fight the cyclopsi.  eventually, you can go and collect the skeletons.

Do you think that goblins have a chance against 186 cyclops? Maybe I should encourage them by letting valuable objects to be stolen or what do you suggest?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 08:02:35 pm »

Do you think that goblins have a chance against 186 cyclops? Maybe I should encourage them by letting valuable objects to be stolen or what do you suggest?
Kobolds are the ones that steal shinies and then ambush if they get bold enough, but using them as cannon fodder would work just as well.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 08:10:09 pm »

it will take AWHILE.  trust me.  but, if you do make a trading depot, it'll allow the caravans to get slaughtered, and their guards will die fighting as well. this combined will leave your site looking like a war-torn area or some sacrificial pit.  eventually, though... it'll be clear of cyclopsi.  then, you can clean it up, and make a shrine to all the creatures that died to liberate the area of the one-eyed menace.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

KroganElite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 08:11:34 pm »

it will take AWHILE.  trust me.  but, if you do make a trading depot, it'll allow the caravans to get slaughtered, and their guards will die fighting as well. this combined will leave your site looking like a war-torn area or some sacrificial pit.  eventually, though... it'll be clear of cyclopsi.  then, you can clean it up, and make a shrine to all the creatures that died to liberate the area of the one-eyed menace.

I thought caravans come regardless if you have a depot? I recall not building one and they appeared on the edges regardless.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2013, 08:20:59 pm »

i always build one, so i don't know.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 09:25:23 pm »

You must have somehow doubled your raws. This is the only thing that can explain a civilization of cyclops who fight with leather caps.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 01:55:56 am »

I'd would like to get your save file too. I'll try to research how is this even possible. You have unmodded game, right?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 02:08:15 am »

You must have somehow doubled your raws. This is the only thing that can explain a civilization of cyclops who fight with leather caps.

Actually I think what he's looking at is a lair that simply lacks an underground section like it's supposed to and contains a huge population of cyclops and a single demon - for whatever reason. Maybe it's because he genned a pocket world or something and lair space is at a premium? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2013, 04:56:24 am »

I'd would like to get your save file too. I'll try to research how is this even possible. You have unmodded game, right?

This is a pocket world with advanced parameters but I only doubled the salvagery, volcanic activity and number of semi-megabeast and megabeast but still there are way too many cyclops, I didnt multiply by 100 the numbers

Actually I think what he's looking at is a lair that simply lacks an underground section like it's supposed to and contains a huge population of cyclops and a single demon - for whatever reason. Maybe it's because he genned a pocket world or something and lair space is at a premium? :P
Only the demon is using the cap and I think he took it from the dwarf that I sent to kill him, the cyclops are unarmed and I think that what happened is that at some point 15 or 20 cyclops took the spot and started breeding like rabbits(when I arrived they were only 20 adults and LOTS of children)also the children grow very fast, before a year seven of them have become adults but since I'm playing Fortress Mode they wont breed(I think) and I'm not even sure that the demon is their leader, maybe he is jus there too and if he moves near the cyclops they will start fighting but I dont know how to do that

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7571 This is the file but I dont know If I uploaded it right so tell me if something is wrong

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9