Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarves starve with food and drinks right next to them - Hunt for small creatur  (Read 2016 times)

Fantersam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So 3 of my dwarves don't do anything else than hunting for small creatures. It's pretty crazy. They are the only ones that don't claim the food and the drinks that I currently have plenty of. The other ones are well fed but these refuse to eat or drink.
They are in the same dining room. The rest of my dwarves go in and out doing their work and eating. There is no apparent reason for the 3 dwarves to behave in such a way...
Help?

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is the door locked?

Fantersam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They can go in and out in every part of my fortress. the others dwarves and even they do . They jsut dont eat or drink any of the food supplies near them

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped

Did you intentionally or accidentally assign them to a burrow which doesn't include the food stockpile?
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Fantersam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No.
May I upload my save?
The situation is gettinging worse. Now nearly everyone suffers from a lack of food.

I use Masterworks btw.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:40:21 pm by Fantersam »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I'd take a look if you uploaded it.

Fantersam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

sorry, that doesn't work for me, it's a 0 Mb "file"

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Yeah, same thing here.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Fantersam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn.
Mediafire also doesn't work.
Can I attach it in the forums?
If yes, how?

currently uploading on 4shared. 50 mb for a save file? impressive haha .
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:21:13 pm by Fantersam »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

I'd suggest using DFFD. You will need to make an account, but it's DF based so you don't need to worry about spam or whatnot.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

sorry, i tried clicking all over that page, and can't get any download to start.  i see the "free download - wait 20 seconds" timer but the countdown never starts moving :/  any other place on the page that says "download" actually tries to install crap on my computer.

well, my guess is you need more food :D

Fantersam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm able to download it. You just have to click the download for nonpremium user button.
Besides the premium user download button.
Please dont give up

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

I'm at work, so I can't help directly. Here are some things to check.

Do you HAVE FOOD? I have had issues where I simply didnt check my food stocks with [Z]. If you are eating it as it comes in, you will have a few dwarves eating while the others starve. If you don't have in the hundreds of food, this is the problem.

Is anything forbidden? You can check this with [D]{B}[C]. I have accidentally forbidden barrels of food before. If you are seeing a lot of green, this is the problem.

Check their medical screens with [Z]->[MEDICAL] See if youve got some kind of weird syndrome goin on.

You've checked burrows, and there's no obstruction. The only other thing I can think of is a bug. Masterwork is a finely-crafted thing, but it's still a mod.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 03:38:52 pm by dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: [1] 2