Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress-Adventure Mode Controls-PNG IMAGE  (Read 6753 times)

PkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • DJ ACE
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
Dwarf Fortress-Adventure Mode Controls-PNG IMAGE
« on: April 06, 2013, 01:56:41 pm »

So I'm not sure if this is in the right section of the forums but here it is.Basically this will really help you with adventure mode if your new.You can see all of the keybindings without going to the Wiki or using the Help thingy in dwarf fortress.You can either print this or you can set it as you background.Now you can focus on Dwarffortress adventure mode without having to switch windows.Also If you have a laptop without a numpad(like me) then I suggest drawing arrows with a pencil on the numbers.Its that simple.

How to get the Image(I think you would know this but just in case):
1.Open the spoiler
2.Right click the Image
3.Select Save As
4.Save to desired location
5.Print or Set as Desktop
6.??.??
7.Profit  (calculated in dwarfen rum ofcourse!)

The Image:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress-Adventure Mode Controls-PNG IMAGE
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 07:45:38 pm »

7.Profit  (calculated in dwarven rum of course!)
fixed that for you
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 09:59:59 am »

Don't forget the key bindings are available in game with '?'

PkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • DJ ACE
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 02:14:47 pm »

I know but I find it hard to press ? every time, then select the keybinding section thing and then scroll down (if in a small window) to the one I'm looking for.
I find it easier to switch perhaps between 2 windos like a photo viewer and dwarf fortress.Its kindof why I made this.Its better to press alt-tab then to press ? then keybindings and then scrolling down.I guess you get what I mean.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 07:09:10 pm »

I know but I find it hard to press ? every time, then select the keybinding section thing and then scroll down (if in a small window) to the one I'm looking for.
I find it easier to switch perhaps between 2 windos like a photo viewer and dwarf fortress.Its kindof why I made this.Its better to press alt-tab then to press ? then keybindings and then scrolling down.I guess you get what I mean.
No, I think he meant that the "?" key isn't listed in your image of the controls.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

PkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • DJ ACE
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 01:45:28 pm »

No, I think he meant that the "?" key isn't listed in your image of the controls.

Well I guess so.I cant really fix it since I made all the buttons and dwarfguy in another program that doesnt support text and moving images so I put it together in paint.It sucks that paint doesnt have layers since I cant really add anything without fear that paint will mess it up...... So Im adding a text line!
Also the ? button wasnt listed under adventure nor travel nor controls in the wiki and I basicaly copied the controls from there.Ofcourse with editing and stuff.