Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Elements -- Age 4: Silent Swamps- WATER and WOOD victory!  (Read 18854 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Elements -- Age 4: Silent Swamps- WATER and WOOD victory!
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2013, 07:47:39 pm »

It's a short and sweet set up, Ford do you want to run your version? If not, I could run Elements 2, with the changes being more potential elements (i.e. as many as there are interested players), only the player's element name revealed on flip, and randomised powers.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2013, 07:55:05 pm »

I should run a test game first, just to see if there's any enormous balance issues. Then yeah, I'd like to run it.

I honestly think I'd enjoy running games more than playing them, but I know that's something I'd have to move into slowly...

Another thought I had was instead of giving the players quicktopics at the start, was to give everyone a one-shot ability to set up a quicktopic with another player, and then they'd have to try to deduce for themselves who their allies are from the actions people take and the way they resolve. This would kick the intrigue up a notch, too, since there's absolutely no way of knowing who is talking to who.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2013, 08:12:46 pm »

Awesome, running a game is incredibly fun because you get to enjoy seeing everyone's plots simultaneously as they happen. The idea about one-shot quick-topics is an excellent suggestion. I'd also allow them to be anonymous so that players can more easily perform falseclaim gambits in private chat.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2013, 09:23:37 pm »

The problem with anonymity is that it puts players on an uneven playing field, and their mastery of language becomes a key ability. It can certainly be fun ... but it would get old quickly.

The idea was that people would fakeclaim elements instead of player names.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, the idea behind Secret Actions was to prevent voting deadlocks.

I'll figure out the last details and post up the topic tomorrow so sign-ups can begin. There's a lot of games going on (Toon Mafia is about to start up), so the game might be a little flavor-light if I get cramped for time.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2013, 09:25:03 pm »

The problem with anonymity is that it puts players on an uneven playing field, and their mastery of language becomes a key ability. It can certainly be fun ... but it would get old quickly.

The idea was that people would fakeclaim elements instead of player names.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, the idea behind Secret Actions was to prevent voting deadlocks.

I'll figure out the last details and post up the topic tomorrow so sign-ups can begin. There's a lot of games going on (Toon Mafia is about to start up), so the game might be a little flavor-light if I get cramped for time.

I'd like to In on that.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2013, 11:19:34 am »

I'm about to post the new game. Nerjin has inned, but I need the rest of you to confirm if you want to play or not.

Edit: The rules have changed slightly. As discussed above, each player now has the one-shot ability to setup a quicktopic rather than having them setup beforehand.

All the elements now have a choice of abilities. Granted, it's not much of a choice, but it should make things a little more interesting. (...oooh...it will also make fakeclaiming more complicated, I hadn't considered that...)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:25:41 am by Captain Ford »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2013, 11:22:48 am »

I'm in as well. Sheep, you too?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]