Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Time To Segregate Suggestion games?  (Read 9951 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Time To Segregate Suggestion games?
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2013, 08:04:56 pm »

Yeah, personally I've kinda realized that arguing this is kinda pointless.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2013, 08:05:35 pm »

It really isn't an important issue, though. "Important" is bad suggestion games are being creating so quickly that the forum is 504'ing and we have to invent a new metric to determine how many are posted per day. "Important" is not having to look a few extra pages to find good RPs relevant to your interests like I do.
And there's not really a good solution to that probablem...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2013, 08:06:59 pm »

It really isn't an important issue, though. "Important" is bad suggestion games are being creating so quickly that the forum is 504'ing and we have to invent a new metric to determine how many are posted per day. "Important" is not having to look a few extra pages to find good RPs relevant to your interests like I do.

What problem? Having to take an extra minute or so to scroll past a few pages of stuff you don't like? It literally takes more time than that to sign up for an RPG, usually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2013, 08:09:09 pm »

What problem? Having to take an extra minute or so to scroll past a few pages of stuff you don't like? It literally takes more time than that to sign up for an RPG, usually.
The problem of low-quality or, worse, good but short-duration games.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2013, 08:12:50 pm »

The problem of low-quality or, worse, good but short-duration games.

Explain to me how that negatively affects you beyond "nyuh, I don't like it." If it pushes back good games and makes them harder to find: see the quote pyramid above for solution. If no other reason beyond bothering you and others: it's not actually a problem.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2013, 08:13:58 pm »

Actually, it is still a problem, just a minor one.

And short-lived but high-potential games do tend to be very sad, at least.
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2013, 08:15:09 pm »

No, it isn't. If you don't like something but it does not negatively affect you otherwise, you are the problem.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2013, 08:19:47 pm »

Actually, it is still a problem, just a minor one.

And short-lived but high-potential games do tend to be very sad, at least.

Mine's not.

Seriously though: After thinking on this for a while I've reached the conclusion that it's not time to segregate suggestion games. Rather it is time to set some sort of standard for them. Maybe I'm just being foolish though.

PPE:

No, it isn't. If you don't like something but it does not negatively affect you otherwise, you are the problem.

Disliking something does not make you the problem. I am not affected by the KKK. I do not like them. I am not the problem. A bit of an over-exaggeration compared to what you just said.

He's admitted it's a small problem. He's simply stating that the poor games do drown out the better ones.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2013, 08:22:12 pm »

Disliking something does not make you the problem. I am not affected by the KKK. I do not like them. I am not the problem. A bit of an over-exaggeration compared to what you just said.

He's admitted it's a small problem. He's simply stating that the poor games do drown out the better ones.

Let me rephrase then: if it is not negatively affecting anyone beyond being disliked, the people complaining about it are making a problem out of nothing.

And, like I say, the "better games" are just a click or so away.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2013, 08:23:49 pm »

Aside from taking your logic to logical and absurd conclusions, you and I clearly have different definitions of the word "problem." I refer to it ass something which it would be preferable to have solved; you add that it's at least somewhat important to do so. I admitted that it was a quite minor problem, however, so I'm not sure what the point of the argument is...
Sig

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2013, 08:24:10 pm »

Funnily enough, this has gotten me in the mood to do a suggestion game.

WHAT HAVE I BECOME!?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2013, 08:24:42 pm »

Let me rephrase then: if it is not negatively affecting anyone beyond being disliked, the people complaining about it are making a problem out of nothing.

And, like I say, the "better games" are just a click or so away.

That's much better. Some people view it as a problem because it drowns out the well thought out games. It seems to me that it's less an issue with suggestion games and more of one with quality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2013, 08:25:17 pm »

WHAT HAVE I BECOME!?

"You are a person arguing on the internet about stupid shit"

Ironically, it will be a multi-part illustrated epic.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2013, 08:26:21 pm »

And then be used as an example of how the forum is being overrun by suggestion games in a few months time when this thread is dead and forgotten.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2013, 08:27:34 pm »

WHAT HAVE I BECOME!?

Before you go to the dark side, why not try out Continent of Centria? It's totally not a suggestion game... Or something. Nah but some SG are good. Just don't feed the bad ones.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11