Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Time To Segregate Suggestion games?  (Read 9972 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Time To Segregate Suggestion games?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 08:51:41 pm »

It really depends. I want all "You are X" to die because they don't have creative names and I see so many of them that I just stopped caring. Still if you want to join a more recent one just go for one with less replies within the subforum. I still don't think we should HAVE a subforum but meh...
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 08:54:26 pm »

So the moral of the story is to have more creative names?

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 08:54:55 pm »

I have an idea!  ((Lincoln powers go!  :P))  Put the "cool role-play" games in their own sub-forum labeled whatever you'd call it (I don't know).  That will allow the guys who don't like the idea of segregating the suggestion games to be happy, while the guy who started the thread will also be happy.  ((Did my Lincoln powers work?))

What about the hybrids Bay 12 dreams up? How do you define which threads are suggestion games?

What about You are a RtD: The RPG?

Pick whichever one fits best.

+1 for arbitrary choice.  Probably suggestion, because you are a means suggestion. 

I've been ninja'd about five times writing this. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:00:06 pm by alamoes »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 08:56:51 pm »

That might be a good idea, but we need some proper definitions on what exactly a roleplay is. Perhaps a better term could be "freeform multiplayers", cos that'd constitute Godhoods, multiplayer suggestion games, stragedy games...

It really depends. I want all "You are X" to die because they don't have creative names and I see so many of them that I just stopped caring. Still if you want to join a more recent one just go for one with less replies within the subforum. I still don't think we should HAVE a subforum but meh...

We all do, but using my system we can safely ignore them.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 08:59:49 pm »

There's also singleplayer games where the player base suggests actions, such as You are a New God, or that game with the wizard's tower adwarf was running. The kind with the lengthy status spoilers.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2013, 09:03:52 pm »

That's either a normal suggestion game or a multiplayer suggestion game, that's quite vague.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2013, 09:08:49 pm »

There's also singleplayer games where the player base suggests actions, such as You are a New God, or that game with the wizard's tower adwarf was running. The kind with the lengthy status spoilers.

Yeah.  I was thinking that suggestion games with a limit to the people in the game, such as the foot-troops game.  Wait-list games!  That is what they are/I mean. 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2013, 09:12:51 pm »

I don't see any good, firm definitions. Roll to Dodge and Mafia are semi-definite systems; you can usually define them easily. Suggestion games? A bit tougher. Roleplays? Dang near impossible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 09:14:52 pm »

Indeed. I am against this for that primary reason. Generally, all suggestion games are some part rpg.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 09:16:54 pm »

I still think that the MSPA way of handling new forum games could be good.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2013, 09:54:24 pm »

I still think that the MSPA way of handling new forum games could be good.

Yeah but they don't do it to separate suggestion games from the rest, they do it because even in their own suggestion game subforum they have too many suggestion games.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 09:57:22 pm »

Which is exactly the problem we're having except it's in forum games and roleplaying.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 09:59:49 pm »

If people feel this is a problem, why not just mark games with suggestion elements with a {SG} in the title or something?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 10:01:26 pm »

If people feel this is a problem, why not just mark games with suggestion elements with a {SG} in the title or something?

Has been suggested.

OP Maybe you should look at promisin ideas and post them in the OP under a spoiler called "Plausible fixes" just so that we can keep track of everything.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2013, 10:02:09 pm »

Which is exactly the problem we're having except it's in forum games and roleplaying.

Not really, it's more that there's people who don't like seeing a bunch of suggestion games vs other types of games entirely as opposed to people on MSPA who would like to see well developed suggestion games separated from not as well developed suggestion games.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11