Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe) (Day 3 since arrival)  (Read 21476 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe)
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2013, 06:53:30 pm »

(Yeah, the cougar fight was when I was heading back from gathering stuff. I barely lucked through that, though I suspect I'd do better against a humanoid.)

[Wasn't it a black bear at first?]

[jbg, feel like investigating that crater behind the tower?]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:56:11 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2013, 06:54:19 pm »

What with the perceived confusion over timeframe, I'd suggest giving some sort of message when a day begins, sort of like GG's turn messages in The Market.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2013, 06:56:47 pm »

(Yeah, the cougar fight was when I was heading back from gathering stuff. I barely lucked through that, though I suspect I'd do better against a humanoid.)

[jbg, feel like investigating that crater?]

(He's been challenged by Cheesecake, so I don't think he is backing down.  How far were we at this age of the thread in 'Continued...' by the way?  This feels...slow.)

What with the perceived confusion over timeframe, I'd suggest giving some sort of message when a day begins, sort of like GG's turn messages in The Market.

(That is what I am trying to do, but people are thinking time is advancing quicker than it really is!)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2013, 07:03:56 pm »

"Finally! Now that the new version of DF is downloaded, I can go to sleep!"
*Wakes up on the side of a mountain face*
"Where am I? Is that sun berries? Am I in DF? I must have had too much coffee before going to bed..."
*Notices people conversing, then heading into into a hole in the side of the mountain*
"There must be some pretty interesting Loot in this hole here, considering how much I tend to find in lairs"
Get in dis, Sneak into the fort and try to stay out of sight.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2013, 07:07:38 pm »

Weeell, in the "Continued" thread, by page 8 we'd met our cultist neighbors and people were still sorting out where the last thread left them.

ninja'd by javierpwn

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2013, 07:13:44 pm »

Weeell, in the "Continued" thread, by page 8 we'd met our cultist neighbors and people were still sorting out where the last thread left them.

ninja'd by javierpwn

(I meant age in days.)

Zanzetkuken returns to his feet, continuing to wonder what he had just seen.  In the midst of his wondering, he ran into a forumite who, for some reason, was trying to sneak into the cave, for whatever reason.  He staggered back, responding, "Sorry about that.  I don't recognize you, what was your username on the Bay 12 forums, fellow forumite?"
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2013, 07:26:10 pm »

"Blast! My plans have been foiled!

I'm Javierpwn. I was trying to sne---Stroll into this here fort, but you found me.
I guess I'll just be a Lye Maker."
or will I..... "So how long until our miner decides to mine a meeting area for me to wait in?"
Become faux  Lye Maker. Head into fort.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2013, 07:35:41 pm »

"Blast! My plans have been foiled!

I'm Javierpwn. I was trying to sne---Stroll into this here fort, but you found me.
I guess I'll just be a Lye Maker.  So how long until our miner decides to mine a meeting area for me to wait in?"

"Considering that we only arrived here...yesterday, I don't think there is much for a lye maker to do around here.  You will probably need to assist us in piling up a rock wall, because apparently, two of the forumites have challenged each other to a battle, and both are necromancers.  Jbg and Cheesecake are their names, so we had better get moving."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2013, 07:39:24 pm »

"Sounds good enough, as long as we have the stone readily available for me."
Build Mason's workshop, if done in appropriate time-scale for more actions, create rock blocks.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2013, 07:52:24 pm »

@ZTG: It was the evening of our first day, though we had some OP'd dragon soldier with mining claws and set up cabins and rudimentary tunnels already.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2013, 07:56:16 pm »

"When you have the workspace finished, grab the hammer and chisel from the wagon to get the rock blocks made."

Zanzetkuken proceeds to return to what he was going to do before, grab the wheelbarrow, and fill it with rocks to create a wall.

(It looks like everyone has actions that will take them the remainder of the day, so...)

The sun arises on the third day since 'the taking'

Zanzetkuken awakens where he fell asleep, lying on the wagon, with the cloth arranged to form a crude bed so that he could fall asleep.  Just like yesterday, he awoke in a panic, wondering where he was, before remembering.  He climbs down from the wagon, and carefully walks around the sleeping forumites.  He then took a step outside and looked at the 3 foot high wall that had been assembled the previous day, slight concern on his face.  Good thing we didn't let cheesecake inside the cave last night, that could've proved the death of us all.  Of course, that person still might.

After that, he picked up an adequately sized rock that was lying on the ground, and threw it at the wall of the cave, creating an echo that woke up the forumites inside, along with him saying, "Let's get moving!  We have no idea when that clash is going to be taking place!"

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2013, 08:05:33 pm »

You mean the entire time I was making rock blocks, you build this sh@&$% little rock wall...
The nerve of some people!

Take rock blocks from previous day, build better wall closer to entrance.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2013, 08:10:44 pm »

By this time, GreatWyrmGold had finished the tunnel to the main fortress and sealed it with a locked hatch on his end and a hole on the other. His shack now had actually halfway decent walls; if Toady didn't implement wall destruction yet, they would hold. A notable feature was the antechamber which could easily have a new wall built in it, sealing the shack. It was actually almost a (very) small house, but he called it a shack. He had also made a number of crude wooden chairs and some similar tables. They were mostly slabs of wood, but the others were fine with them for dining. Pretty good for the first three days.

Thankfully, his crossbow stayed unused.

GreatWyrmGold got back to work on the beds.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2013, 08:12:52 pm »

Meanwhile, at Joe Bridger's Laboratory...
Hmm, what next. Sand! I need sand! Now, the catalyst is nearly complete. I'll put the materials in the solution at sunset, it should be ready by then. I'll need sand to start the reaction, though, yes.
Joe Bridger gathers sand from the ground nearby in one of his phials, then continues working furiously!
(I'll post these extra RP updates as my character works, to keep my contributions adequate.)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2013, 08:34:18 pm »

Rolepgeek comes back from his fishing trip, having collected several fish and bleeding from one arm. The dwarf looks around, and curses. "Anyone know how make workshop? I need to be cleaning the fish before they rot!"

Rolepgeek cancels Action:Clean Fish. Reason: Requires Fishery

So the dwarf sets his fish aside and begins to spar with his spear.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16