Stone Age
- 5 (50%)
Iron Age
- 2 (20%)
Bronze age
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Clutches of Paganism-Interest Check and Possible OOC  (Read 5051 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clutches of Paganism-Interest Check and Possible OOC
« on: March 31, 2013, 06:51:41 pm »

Another multiplayer God-Game; however you are a pagan God in a world already created and inhabitated by tribesmen. Technology is stone-age, before agriculture.
You all will start out as young gods, with your own spheres of your choice; and you must influence the world of your tribes, so they shall grow into prosperous nations with time and energy.
You start with a single prophet, who is completely under your control, to help spread your influence amongst the tribesfolk.
Sound like a plan?
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Any questions to be asked below!Oh and as my first time GM-ing, I will accept 5 people!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 06:59:32 pm by javierpwn »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Clutches of Paganism-Interest Check and Possible OOC
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 06:54:49 pm »

God game? In.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 07:14:07 pm »

Name: Khorak-Tor
Physical Description: Khorak-Tor appears as a great grey wolf, marked with black runes running throughout his form.
Prophet: Tavara, 19, Female
Spheres: Children, and Order/Civilization - He watches over the people as his pack, and all are but pups before him.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 09:21:00 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 07:28:07 pm »

I'll give it a shot.

Name : Mendalas
Physical Description :Mendalas primary form is as a huge black Panther.
Can also appear as a human covered head to toe in Jet black armor with a huge sword across his back and a faceplate and hood concealing his face at all times.
Prophet : Dubhos, Male, 29
Spheres : Chaos, Blood.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:52:03 pm by Brood »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 07:42:26 pm »

@Brood:ANIMALS!!!

Those spheres were just examples, but feel free to go for anything that would be generally known by people, and isn't too broad.
Also, two Children based Gods already? How ironic.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:47:36 pm by javierpwn »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 07:49:45 pm »

(( I know I'm just working it out, I remember a lot of gods had multiple forms so I figured for later game a human form would have some use, I just can't work out what animal I like.

Children are our future after all :). ))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 08:03:30 pm »

Mepheltras
He appears as a jet-black owl, speckled with white spots that glow, almost like stars. His eyes shine bright as a full moon.
Prophet: Furthon, Male, 53
He is a tall, mysterious man with a lined face and shining blue eyes. Though rarely speaking, he somehow manages to get his intentions through to his focus. It is said that he is a powerful wielder of a wild magic.
Spheres: The sky is his domain and house; he watches all under it and keeps it maintained. It is said that for those who look hard enough, he will grant powers of sorcery and magic.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:25:20 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 08:15:33 pm »

Name: Kresybra

Physical Description: If we can have two different form, I would choose either a kraken-like being, giant octopus or a thunder bird from mythology of certain Native American peoples.

Prophet: Vorch, 22, male

Spheres: He is being of the deep and mysterious sea, and the controller of the weather.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:26:36 pm by jaass »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 08:23:11 pm »

Name: Urh'raboth
Description: An octopus with a cap on its body in his "normal" form; however, aside from being able to change the species of octopus at will, Urh'raboth can focus and not only alter its body beyond what normal octopi can as well as changing the form of the cap, letting it take on the appearance of a robed and hooded humanoid, with tentacles for arms and limbs and four more mimicking a beard.
Spheres: Adaptability, the Sea

Prophet: Ledali, Elder
Appearance: A grim-faced man with a wrinkled face and thick, chalk-white hair to his shoulders. He is short, and seems even shorter when seated. His hair is barely darker than his hair. He has large feet and prominent cheekbones. He wears a robe, enchanted to change as needed to fit the current situation.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 08:57:31 pm »

I hope it's not first come\first serve, else waitlistining

Name: Barrish
Physical Description: Large golden carp. Local people believe (Or will believe)  that he is a father of all fishes and creator of water that later comes to land from the skies in forms of rain.

Prophet: Tamin, 14, male, son of the fisher.
That boy always was lazy and never liked fishing, instead he learned to communicate with fishes via basic shaman magic and used that power to aid himself by luring fish into shallow areas where it's much easier to his with the stone spear used for fishing...
Appearance wise he is quite usual boy, average in everything
As for his character, he is very communicable and spend almost all his time chatting with everyone in the tribe

Spheres: Rain, Fishes
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:31:37 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 09:01:07 pm »

Would it be okay for me to apply as a waitlister?

Name: Kerferus
Physical Description: Kerferus appears as a winged three-headed lion in his "usual" form, but Kerferus can also appear as a winged humanoid lion with 3 tails and one head.
Spheres: Kerferus's three heads represent Solidarity through group consensus. Kerferus provides security for all who deserve it, innocent people shall be protected by him.

Prophet Name: Arainik

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 09:15:24 pm »

God. Game. Good.

Name: Ulam
Physical Description: A kangaroo with elongated fangs and tribal paint covering nearly every part of the body. The paint regularly changes pattern and shape in an incomprehensible fashion; an outward display of Krem's godly mind. Will-o-wisps can be sometimes be faintly seen circling around Ulam's head, although those who are said to see them are either mad or blessed. His left leg is devoid of fur and under the ever-changing paint is the true name of Ulam in an unknown alphabet. The tip of his tail is grey in colour.

Spheres: Ulam is patron of Old Age and Illnesses. He encourages respect for the elders, as they have worked throughout their lives and have much wisdom to impart to the people. In return for the respect given to them, elders are to lead their families in righteous lives and advise the population on actions to take. As god of illness, he both produces, spreads and treats diseases. He controls both physical and mental varieties. Ulam sees illness as a 'test' to all living things, a handicap to prove their worth. In permanent examples, such as schizophrenia, the test is more on society's altruism and compassion rather than that of the individual. If he believes that people have sucessfully passed the test of hardship, he may remove the disease or even boost the health of an individual altogether, as in the case of Malama.

Prophet:
  Name: Malama Honey-Eater
  Description: An old pudgy woman who most would say to be around 50. She is of a darkish complexion and has grey eyes. She has no hair, having shaved it some time ago. She is of average height and walks in a slow, cautious manner during most days. She usually wears the hide of a giant wombat and uses it in such a matter that from a distance, she actually appears to be the creature. She constantly carries herbs and other reagents on her body. Unlike other prophets, she does not ground herself to one tribe; she wanders throughout the lands lodging with one clan for a time before moving on; her god cares little for loyalty to one people over another.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:13:20 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 03:34:34 am »

And way too late. Look interesting.

Name:Rock
Physical Description:A 30 foot long snake that is blue coloured and is marked with a black crown on it head.
Prophet:
Name:Peter
Spheres:Rivers and trees.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 03:46:02 am »

Aww man.
I don't expect to get in but here goes.

Name: Izvakhal
Physical Description:An aging and arthritic grey wolf with one blue eye, and another eye grey with blindness.

Prophet: Aden, a somewhat ironically young man of 21. He is full of youthful vigor and strength, with wild eyed certainty he preaches that all things will eventually end, that nothing is permanent. No pain or joy will last, not even the mountains and oceans will be there forever.

Spheres: Age, fate. Izvakhal is a god of inevitability, of the end of all things to come, for all things must end. He encourages a sort of fatalism in all of his subjects, encouraging them to abandon emotional attachment.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 03:51:21 am »

God game? In.
Same here

Name: Makkur, Hunting Ape, Beast-master.
Physical Description: Big orange haired ape with lines of purple fur which mimic tattoos. Often covered in blood of animals.
Prophet: Arban, 21, Male. As prophet of Hunting Ape he's a strong, full of energy young man, who proves his worth by hunting. For vitality is not only staying healthy but ability to descend life upon others any priest or prophet has to have at least few children and rise them. Arban is no exception with his two wives and already eight children.
Spheres: Vitality, Predators. Beast-master prefers persons full of lifeforce and ambitions, and he tooks a great interests in displays of it such as hunting, duels or wars. Act of hunting is specially favored by him as it does eliminate animals which are weak and prone to diseases. He's often cruel in his ways and requires sacrifice from blood or animals but his blessings are truly helpful in those times. Also predators are affected by his will, and he may stop them from killing one he favors but more often he guides them against weak tribes.

While Makkur might seem powerful at the moment, his power will greatly fall with raise of civilization and he might be forgotten except by outlaws and wild tribes, even if they will retain old faith.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:12:58 pm by Sorcerer Kail »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9