Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200257 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - The Storm Breaks
« Reply #1290 on: May 31, 2013, 01:55:25 pm »

Dariush:
I am having fun. I thought the whole point of playing mafia was to argue.

And I didn't want a tie vote any more than you did. You did the same thing, didn't you?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: May 31, 2013, 02:03:38 pm »

Tiruin mentioned resurrecting me yesterday. That's the Advanced Nirian Power... kinda makes up for the shitty one earlier. Also, though I agree that there's been a lot of unsportsmanlike conduct, CaptainFord and Nerjin, can we not have a conniption here? Let's everyone agree to just stop bitching, and keep at it.

Anyway, this post concerns yesterday, while I was dead. During the day, I had to vent somewhere, and ended up venting at Meph. Forgive the outdated bit on Okami, and my thinking Nirian was a useless goddess (Sorry Nirian! We're still cool!):

Light all of our Teals. Solifuge didn't want this, and since no one else with a Teal received this warning, then he might very well be lying. If not, we lose, the game ends, we all celebrate.

Unvote.
Light the unlit
Teals.
Webadict: I didn't need my Teal lit because it was already lit days ago. I was cool with Okami permalighting all Teal Candles, though I'm starting to suspect it may be tied to his Win Condition. You were the one who opposed it.

Hmm... you think his getting lynched D1 was a gambit?
Vector: If I was Scum, do you think I would have been permacrippled and permakilled by Scum in the night? Seriously? :I

I figured it was a bluff. I just didn't get why he didn't answer me.

Also, I believed him and I was building theories around it, so he sucks for that.
Captain Ford, what theory were you building around the possibility that I knew what the storm was about? What theory could you possibly be building around it, given the information you had? Essentially, why was it so important to you to find out whether or not I was bluffing? I might also ask why you're so worried about how active you look, how other players view your posts, and how Town your statements appear too... but these are all rhetorical questions. I already know the answer.

For starters, of course it was a bluff. It was obviously a bluff, because I even said what my Teal Candle result was... the exact same info everyone else got: "You feel a storm coming". I bluffed as a reaction test and martyrdom tactic, and it worked as well as I could have hoped; it made you absolutely terrified about the idea that someone knew what was ushering in the Endgame. You were so worried about what I might reveal to the Town that it drove you to kill my useless, Nirian-ass power candle, and my white candle, on the Night when Every Change Was Permanent. Score one for Town, for getting Scum to waste their permacripple on the player with the least useful god/abilities (everyone else, you're quite welcome).

Alright, so based on that nice pattern:
> 2 Worship Nirian: Tiruin & Solifuge.
> 2 Worship Derala: Vector and Toaster.
> 4 Worship Avos: Captain Ford, Nerjin, Ottofar [who is in orange because scuuum], and Remuthra.
> 2 Worship Telmorin: NQT, Onyxjew
> And we've a pantheon worshipper, our beloved Elder Priest: Okami No Rei (who's candles have been different from the beginning.)
> 1 Worships Andoras: Dariush.
> Webadict is an unknown variable O_o [Who is most likely Andoras.]
Tiruin, take a step back. We have 13 players, and 6 faiths here: 5 gods from the Lomonthian Pantheon, and #6 being Morasadis' "Gods of Light and Darkness". This leaves us with 2 players per Faith (including the Scumteam), and one oddball Pantheistic Priest to round it out to 13. However, Ford and Ottofar would have you believe that every god gets two Worshippers except Avos, who somehow gets 4. Does this not seem odd at all?

Anyway, here's a revised list (this time not made by a Scum player trying to cover their ass):

TOWN:
> 2 Nirian: Tiruin & Solifuge.
> 2 Derala: Vector & Toaster.
> 2 Avos: Nerjin & Remuthra.
> 2 Telmorin: NQT & Onyxjew
> 2 Andoras: Dariush & Webadict

3RD PARTY:
> Okami No Rei / Zombie Urist

SCUM:
> 2 Spies who worship gods of Light and Darkness from the faith of Morasadis: CaptainFord, Ottofar

Anyway:
Snuff Captain Ford White
Snuff Ottofar White

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: May 31, 2013, 02:17:43 pm »

Oh the drama! In this game I've been called more names here than in any other game and, worse, had my ability to solve puzzles openly questioned. Water off a duck's back.

Remembering The Plan:
Relight Town who have been snuffed (i.e. Remuthra if his candle hadn't been shattered)
Snuff confirmed scum (Ottofar, basically)
Light the green of town so we have more powers to fight scum (me, maybe Toaster too)

To that end, Snuff Ottofar White. If anything, we're wasting scum powers on this.

OK Solifuge, I'm willing to forgo getting my green and go along with this for one day. If there's anyone we can trust to give good advice here, it's Solifuge.

unvote NQT

Snuff Ford White

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 31, 2013, 02:19:53 pm »

PFP- Can't sleep. Nightmare. Sorry for not saying earlier.

I've two votes to grant to people.

Snuff zombie urist White: Captain Ford, Nerjin, Ottofar, webadict, Remuthra, Toaster, Vector

Snuff Ottofar White: Captain Ford, Nerjin, notquitethere, Onyxjew944, Remuthra, Tiruin, Toaster

Ottofar's white candle sparks and dances, but does not go out.

zombie urist's White candle sputters and goes out. A thick black trail of smoke trails up, and a strong scent of ozone fills the room.
We had a candle tie yesterday--The power protecting Ottofar's candle requires double the number of the second vote to be lynched.

PPE: All those posts...
...fuck. I guess I took it too far.

Request Replacement

Never Mind my replacement request
I figure you two need to rest. I know Ford isn't a bad guy--he's under heavy stress currently, and I'm guessing its getting to him (though Ford, you really REALLY need to explain your stance and your shift of opinion from yesterday--why the give-up attitude?).

Also, Nerjin, why the outburst? If I may ask?

PPE: Sol's list:
Webadict claimed Nirian, so 'he can shove it in our faces'.

PPE NQT...Argh.

I'm not voting now because the day came when I'm asleep..and mental feedback from nightmare.

Dariush: Can you expound on your case regarding Otto's white candle?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 31, 2013, 02:25:09 pm »

I figured it was a bluff. I just didn't get why he didn't answer me.

Also, I believed him and I was building theories around it, so he sucks for that.
Captain Ford, what theory were you building around the possibility that I knew what the storm was about? What theory could you possibly be building around it, given the information you had?
Shit. If someone was responsible for it, that implies it was a green candle ability, it also meant they waited four days to deploy it, or it had some trigger condition. If no one was responsible for it, then it meant the game was on some sort of timer.

Is it really so hard to see why it would fuck up my thinking?

Essentially, why was it so important to you to find out whether or not I was bluffing?
I don't know, pick one:
1. Because if one individual was behind it, it implied that we could END it by taking them out.
2. Because if one individual was behind it, they might be able to "tell us what we are looking at".
3. Because you promised to have information that might have made some of this bullshit make some sense.
4. Because if you were getting more information from your teal than anyone else, it's an interesting data point.

I can come up with dozens more, I'm sure.

I might also ask why you're so worried about how active you look, how other players view your posts, and how Town your statements appear too... but these are all rhetorical questions. I already know the answer.
Yeah, because if you lynch me, my statements won't be proven right, so the only way I can prove myself is by how I act and how much effort I put into the game.

I keep getting pissed because I invest hordes of time and energy into this and people keep calling me scummy for it. Welp, sorry for trying!

For starters, of course it was a bluff. It was obviously a bluff, because I even said what my Teal Candle result was... the exact same info everyone else got: "You feel a storm coming".
No it was NOT obviously a bluff. I didn't have a teal lit, I couldn't verify myself whether any of you were telling the truth or whether you got more info than that and were holding it back. And then you got that warning at midday and no one else did, so it really, really seemed like you were getting more info from your teal than anyone else.

I bluffed as a reaction test and martyrdom tactic, and it worked as well as I could have hoped; it made you absolutely terrified about the idea that someone knew what was ushering in the Endgame.
I have no useful abilities so the only way I have to gain information is by hunting down leads. This was a lead, and the fact you were ignoring me was interesting.

You were so worried about what I might reveal to the Town that it drove you to kill my useless, Nirian-ass power candle, and my white candle, on the Night when Every Change Was Permanent. Score one for Town, for getting Scum to waste their permacripple on the player with the least useful god/abilities (everyone else, you're quite welcome).
Actually, all changes are still permanent. We got scents yesterday, but ZU's green has no wick. Neither does Remuthra's white.

And how on earth could you know that your green candle was worthless?
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 31, 2013, 02:40:52 pm »

Okay, seriously. I've done everything I can. But I have no evidence to prove I'm innocent.

I thought maybe continuing to struggle at this game might change your minds, but that's apparently not going to happen. So I guess I'm going to give up trying, since being honest, straightforward, giving up all the useful information I've got at the first opportunity doesn't count for anything anymore, nor do all my efforts towards trying to keep everyone on the same page, stimulate and participate in discussion, pushing people to join in the discussion or justify their inaction, and well...fuck.

I'm tired. I'm tired and exhausted and I tried. I really, really tried. But this was a complete mess from day 1 and it's only gotten worse.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 31, 2013, 02:45:17 pm »

Ford:
But I have no evidence to prove I'm innocent.

Well that's your problem right there.  You don't prove your innocence- you convince everyone that your target is guilty.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 31, 2013, 02:54:08 pm »

> 2 Andoras: Dariush & Webadict
Nirian.

But, the real question is... Why is this game so long?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 31, 2013, 02:59:27 pm »

NOPE.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:28:19 pm by Remuthra »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: May 31, 2013, 03:01:05 pm »

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:51:42 pm by webadict »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 31, 2013, 03:02:41 pm »

Snuff Ottofar White
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: May 31, 2013, 03:07:39 pm »

NOPE.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:28:33 pm by Remuthra »

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: May 31, 2013, 03:15:03 pm »

[REDACTED]

Aren't you dead?
Woohoo!

I also wonder who's doing the roleblocking.

Ford:
But I have no evidence to prove I'm innocent.

Well that's your problem right there.  You don't prove your innocence- you convince everyone that your target is guilty.
I know! But I don't know who's guilty either! It's hard enough just to make sense of what people are saying!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:33:15 pm by Captain Ford »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: May 31, 2013, 03:21:44 pm »

Alright, apparently I am dead. Goodbye.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 108