Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200128 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Night 5
« Reply #870 on: May 17, 2013, 06:09:40 pm »

Meph: Is the wick from his green candle still around? I search for it.

Umm...is there even a hole in his white candle where a wick could go? Your answer implies that there's not. (Which would make searching for his green wick pointless, unless I can somehow drill a hole for it)
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 17, 2013, 06:28:46 pm »

I just got another message: "What is done will not be undone", which I'm guessing is modspeak for "what you are doing is silly, knock it off" -- unless anyone else got the same message.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 17, 2013, 06:30:24 pm »

Nope.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 17, 2013, 07:28:33 pm »

Snuff Okami White
Snuff Okami Green
Snuff Okami Teal

I do not trust Okami. Okami is likely a spy.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 17, 2013, 07:33:49 pm »

Evidence, please.  I have an inspection which I believe confirms both his role and alignment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 17, 2013, 07:48:23 pm »

Evidence, please.  I have an inspection which I believe confirms both his role and alignment.
Your inspect means nothing to me. His role? His alignment? Who do you think you are? And since when has an inspection been proof? Bring me evidence that your inspection means anything.

The real question is why are we assuming that our Teals are good? It supposedly brings us closer to the gods right? That's odd, considering Okami has a power that allows him to light as many Teals as are being voted. Plus, I'm supposed to believe his chosen god is apparently all of them?

So, combine these facts together to get that Okami wants all of the Teals lit. Nobody else has multiple gods as their chosen god, so why is he special? There is no reason to make anyone special in this game. I don't believe his power at the beginning. In fact, I'm certain something is up with it. I think he's a liar, and the only reason to believe him is what?

Nothing.

There is no reason someone is special. That should be obvious. And that's why I believe he is a spy.

I'm actually upset it took me this long to see the obvious clues.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 17, 2013, 08:26:29 pm »

Vector.

Just a quick question, if I may? Just kidding. I don't have to ask your permission.

What is the probability of a cult leader?
And who do you think would be the leader?
And who do you think would be the cultists?

And I'll know if you're not answering truthfully. I always know. And you know I know.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 17, 2013, 08:27:30 pm »

This is starting to get a little ridiculous. I like the game and all but... all of these rule changes mid-game are odd. Not sure... Anyways onto my actual substance.

@Tiruin I applaud you for the thinking there. Didn't even occur to me to try anything with the priest.

Okami: So... I'm with Web here why would Okami be given such a powerful ability and an odd god distribution? Smells like a third party to me. I'll hold off since Vector's investigation says Okami is town... Still a god-father role would make Vector's investigations a bit suspect in their credibility.

Anyways... My ability was blocked last night.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 17, 2013, 08:31:28 pm »

Haha.

I can't compute the probability of there being a cult leader, but I recognize that there may be one.  It is true that ONR would probably be the leader, with those who have their teals lit as the cultists.  However, as someone with a lit teal, I will verify that if I am in a cult, this has not been announced to me as such.

Furthermore, I am going to add that I have not actually been given a "town" inspect, but rather an inspection that tells me whether a candle is attached to neutralizing the threats to the temple.  Maybe the data it gives is inverted?  I don't know.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 17, 2013, 08:33:41 pm »

Furthermore, I am going to add that I have not actually been given a "town" inspect, but rather an inspection that tells me whether a candle is attached to neutralizing the threats to the temple.  Maybe the data it gives is inverted?  I don't know.

Are... Are you serious right now? You've gotta be... Okay so now I gotta rework everything I was thinking.

Snuff Okami Green

Since I'm not sure whether or not we get three votes each or if the top three candles go through.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 17, 2013, 08:35:13 pm »

Yeah.  I realized about now that there may have been some data I was misinterpreting.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 17, 2013, 08:35:55 pm »

I'll post the rest of my data from last night in an hour or two.  I'm too busy typesetting a math paper to bother figuring out another way to summarize the PM right now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 17, 2013, 08:51:29 pm »

Haha.

I can't compute the probability of there being a cult leader, but I recognize that there may be one.  It is true that ONR would probably be the leader, with those who have their teals lit as the cultists.  However, as someone with a lit teal, I will verify that if I am in a cult, this has not been announced to me as such.

But, there are far too many lit Teals to be that many cultists.

Why don't we try that one again, okay?

I believe the question is...

Who do you think are cultists?

I want names.

I want all of the names, Vector.

Haha.

Only kidding.

Because he's already said them out loud.

I just wanted you to admit Okami was the cult leader. I knew you'd never give me real names. Your answer is incredibly silly. If all of you Teals were cultists, then I would be voted immediately.

Unless you all have no votes, but I guess that won't matter then, since if that's true, none of you can stop me, right?

Let's be logical, Vector. Logical. LOGICAL!

You've probably already noticed I'm insane. It's actually a shame, really. This game just... infuriates me. But, in the end, it also drives me to the answers that are just sitting out in the open. They just taunt me. But let's avoid talking about that.

Let's get back to some real names. Because, come on, Vector. I don't believe I asked for garbage. Wait, let me check. Nope. Hey, can anyone check my post to see if I asked for stupid trash answers? If you could get back to me on that, it'd be great. It might just be my computer.

So... names?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 17, 2013, 08:55:43 pm »

Are... Are you serious right now? You've gotta be... Okay so now I gotta rework everything I was thinking.

Snuff Okami Green

Since I'm not sure whether or not we get three votes each or if the top three candles go through.
Hey buddy!

Dude, can you believe all these Teals? Like, come on. SOOOO not cool.

So, just a little fyi, and try not to let the others hear this but, you have THREE votes. So why are you using only 1 on Okami? Your vote makes no sense. I mean, if anything, wouldn't you be voting for Vector?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 17, 2013, 09:13:49 pm »

Red candle lights...

Ok, I'm very unsure where that phenomena comes from.

Examine the room in detail. Also, remember the weather from before I entered my abode, how was the sky?

However, Solifuge’s White candle is out, and it no longer has a wick. His Green candle is even worse. Something has shattered it, and pieces of green wax are scattered about. He himself is resting once again in the Healing Hall. Alive, but unconscious.
Someone really didn't like Solifuge for some reason. I can take care of him though. :3

How can a candle be shattered?!

Examine the composition of all three of my candl-...no wait, examine the composition of Okami's candles. How do they feel?

Nerjin, Power? Same for the rest who hasn't claimed...Reasons on why you aren't claiming?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 108