Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200448 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game)
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2013, 09:07:16 pm »

I'd say there isn't all that much going on, because we're still trying to figure out what all the candles do. As for Ford, I don't really think he has the characteristics exhibited to be scum at this point. Meanwhile, we wait for the day to conclude while getting information from the High Priest. My lack of activity msotly stems from a lack of action in the thread. There hasn't been much to really talk about other than sharing theories and role info, which to me indicates the lack of suspects and topics for discussion. If you look at the vote tally, we haven't agreed on what we want to do besides lighting Solifuge's candle, because we really don't have any good ideas on what else to manipulate without a pressing vote to make/debate about.
I'd say the current vote is pretty pressing. Last time it was allowed to drift to a tie with hours left.

I'm trying to start discussion. Why aren't you engaging in it? What do you think of Ottofar? Is he too risky to keep around? Are you concerned about his ability? And if so, why are you voting in a way that's going to allow him to use hit ability tonight?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2013, 09:13:12 pm »

I'd say there isn't all that much going on, because we're still trying to figure out what all the candles do. As for Ford, I don't really think he has the characteristics exhibited to be scum at this point. Meanwhile, we wait for the day to conclude while getting information from the High Priest. My lack of activity msotly stems from a lack of action in the thread. There hasn't been much to really talk about other than sharing theories and role info, which to me indicates the lack of suspects and topics for discussion. If you look at the vote tally, we haven't agreed on what we want to do besides lighting Solifuge's candle, because we really don't have any good ideas on what else to manipulate without a pressing vote to make/debate about.
I'd say the current vote is pretty pressing. Last time it was allowed to drift to a tie with hours left.

I'm trying to start discussion. Why aren't you engaging in it? What do you think of Ottofar? Is he too risky to keep around? Are you concerned about his ability? And if so, why are you voting in a way that's going to allow him to use hit ability tonight?
If indeed White=Life, at least when relating to voting, this should knock him out if we deal with his white. As I said before, I feel Ottofar is probably scum, and it's definately worth a vote to immobilize him. In addition, the method in which he claims to have gotten his ability makes me suspect the whole thing might be a trick to get us to snuff his Green candle. His candle was snuffed and then relit, and he got an ability from the process? Seems suspicious to me.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2013, 09:17:05 pm »

Remuthra: So wait. You think snuffing his white candle again is going to knock him out? Why didn't it knock him out before?

Are you really ignoring the evidence that says that snuffing his white candle won't harm him whatsoever?

Why is the manner in which he gained his ability suspect? Vector gained an ability in exactly the same way. Toaster lost an ability by having his green candle snuffed, as did Dariush. That's a lot of people to be lying.

His green candle was never lit before. So him not having the ability before is consistent with other people's claims.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 25, 2013, 09:19:50 pm »

Is there some reason you're so adament on this Remuthra?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 25, 2013, 09:20:58 pm »

Oh. I spent all this time confusing him with Okami. In that case, I'll Change the white in Snuff Ottofar's white to green.
I seem to have been operating under false assumptions, though I'm still about 45% suspicious.

PPE: See above non-adamancy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 25, 2013, 09:31:40 pm »

You guys are exceedingly dumb and easily manipulated.

You want to know why I know I'm right?

There's a candle-hiding ability. It was obvious when I read this:

First you see that Toaster's Green Candle has been extinguished, a thin trail of smoke emanating from it. A faint wiff of incense is upon the air.

Next you notice that Ottofar's White candle is out as well, though no smoke trails from it at this point. Ottofar himself seems fine, however.

Every single candle that's extinguished has had a trail coming off of it, except for Ottofar's and

Daiush's White and Green candles are dark. A trail of smoke from the Green candle still lingers in the air, and with it a hint of rain and wet earth.

Dariush's.

Am I still wrong?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 25, 2013, 09:43:52 pm »

Also, Ottofar is clearly scum.

Heathen Spies of Morasadis who worship their gods of Light and Darkness. You must find them, and break their power.

Dance of Sun and Moon. He's a spy.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 25, 2013, 09:47:19 pm »

or Avos and Derela. Y'know... Sun and Moon?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 25, 2013, 09:52:07 pm »

You only worship one god. It doesn't make sense.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 3 - One replacement needed
« Reply #519 on: April 25, 2013, 10:18:11 pm »

Vector
Dude, if you boosted my green I would totally be the happiest little snail.
This was to Ottofar's comment above the quote right here, right? Why would you be glad from Otto's Dance of Sun and Moon regarding your green candle?

. . . I thought that you were the candle-booster.  Ottofar doesn't know what his ability does...

Anyway, I've been boosted and received no PM about it.

Seriously, Tiruin?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 25, 2013, 11:43:48 pm »

Yes seriously >_> Still under PFP - I missed that thing. (And I'm busy here :S, sorry....)

I asked you about that as your statement was right under Ottofar's. The thought that you were talking to either him (...which didn't make much sense and I failed to poke at it then) was confusing, but it also came across that you were talking to anyone who could affect candles.

So I stood up -- my ability doesn't /boost/, in the context of...err, boosting it. Also, I wasn't sure who you were talking to there? I mean, nowhere in my PM says that my ability does boost...powers, but given the context of this game I was under the impression that it did stuff else other than what was written (which really is doubtful given how specific my power was).

And I'm sure the person I target doesn't receive any message that I prodded their candle. Why should there be a PM to it?

...Webadict: I take it the context is different for both Ottofar and Dariush - their whites have been extinguished. They lived, and now Otto's has been relit. The funny thing is; Dariush's flame, taken under the impression of a /transfer/ action goes to Ottofar. In any other case, the night actions are fuzzy.

But this makes sense in one way. That Dariush was affected. The trails sound true - they either entail that they were not NightKill'd, if the trail = time. The idea that a 'sacrifice' option on a candle's flame would also present itself (sacrifice something to get something better...yes this is all hypothetical because its just an idea :/)

Funny thing is, how does this prove Ottofar and Dariush as scum, both? Looks like a mighty gambit to play when all of us are flailing around, still. I'm under the impression that they're pawns in a bigger game (or that Dariush is townier than Ottofar judging by what info they're giving as opposed to when they're giving it.)

Back to Vector: Yer safe for the day.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 25, 2013, 11:55:25 pm »

It doesn't prove either is scum. I simply said that there is a flame-hiding ability. Ottofar is scum for a different reason, but the flame-hiding ability appears to be scum-sided.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:21 am »

"High Priest! I've noticed, people's beliefs shift as the sun and moon cross the heavens; the rain falls, and the seas gather - is this a test in the eyes of the Gods to prove us, or to prove yourself if it be their will?"

Because I just re-read the OP.

All players are Town Aligned (Pious priests of the Lomonthian pantheon) unless noted otherwise in their Role PM.
While mine doesn't say anything about being town aligned, but does say though I serve all of the gods, I started my career with [-] and feel closest to [gender_pronoun]

...When the green candle is snuffed - IIRC, the gods abandon the players, meaning no power (superficial observation).

...And unless I'm getting my meaning of pious wrong, that means there's something dearly wrong with our understanding of scum/town here. That, or non-town aligned are not pious...Take this with a grain of salt, because I'm darn curious as to what Meph meant by 'pious' - does this mean our role PM meaning our D1 start?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 26, 2013, 12:48:58 am »

That doesn't make sense. Piety would have to be Teal, which would be a connection with the gods.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 26, 2013, 01:35:12 am »

Also, Ottofar is clearly scum.
Heathen Spies of Morasadis who worship their gods of Light and Darkness. You must find them, and break their power.
Dance of Sun and Moon. He's a spy.
You only worship one god. It doesn't make sense.
Thank you for almost directly copypasting my words, o lord.

Though thanks for pointing out the smokes. I haven't looked at it this way. ...And I kinda wonder why, since it looks rather obvious in foresight.

Well, your theory puts Otto's white back under consideration. I think it would be a reeeeally good idea to snuff it tomorrow. Not today, because resurrecting Solifuge and checking why is my teal interesting takes precedence, IMO.

Tiruin, I'm not going to bother with the quotes, but you're a dumbfuck conspiracy theorist. Stop throwing completely random shit in the thread and hoping it sticks. :-/
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 108