Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199921 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 2
« Reply #345 on: April 18, 2013, 03:02:03 pm »

I would also like to try lighting my Green to see if it gives me Ford's ability.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 18, 2013, 03:18:13 pm »

Well now.
Solifuge Green Teal

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 18, 2013, 05:01:47 pm »

Any guesses from anyone as to just why the tally would be wiped?  What outcomes might folks be trying to avoid?

. . . Actually, it looks like someone doesn't want Soli coming back.  Let's try this.

Light Solifuge Teal
Light Solifuge White
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 18, 2013, 07:00:48 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Dariush Teal: Dariush, Nerjin
Snuff Dariush White: notquitethere
Light Solifuge Green: Captain Ford, Ottofar, Remuthra
Light Solifuge Teal: Captain Ford, Ottofar, Remuthra, Toaster, Vector
Light Solifuge White: Dariush, Nerjin, notquitethere, Vector
Light Toaster Teal: Toaster

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 18, 2013, 08:47:32 pm »

PFP

...What just happened. That ability was either a waste given that we can extend, or there was something else attached to it that we don't know yet.

...And whoever did it may either be scum (leaning on this) or isn't claiming for whatever reason.

Light Solifuge White Candle
Light Toaster's Teal Candle.

A feeling of clarity and calm washes down over all of you. Your thoughts have been clensed, and you find yourselves looking at the situation with a fresh look

The Tally sheet has been washed clean.

The Scribe's Tally Sheet

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today (about 6.5 hours)

Though by the flavor, it seems mostly like a benevolent gesture.

Does anybody recognize the power used?
Deriving my guess from how my power is named - I'm betting its something to deal with cleanliness, like Purge or whatever.

...Why are we doing Sol's Teal or green again? Sorry, mind too boggled by what's happening everywhere else to notice. Requirements and all.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 18, 2013, 08:58:06 pm »

If we light another candle, and something happens to Solifuge, we'll get more insight. White may not mean Life.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2013, 09:07:28 pm »

Then let's just light solifuge's green candle instead of his white.

Unvote SOl's white.

Because the Teal seems mostly like a wildcard right now.

. . . Actually, it looks like someone doesn't want Soli coming back
...That would be pretty much of a "I don't want Sol back because he may have powers special to him", which is pretty much abstract at the moment...That does make sense though, given the simplicity of a vote-wipe.

In the green cnalde lit or not, that either relates to power or proves the candle lighting theory of if lit = life.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 18, 2013, 11:26:46 pm »

I suspect Teal is tied to receiving messages.  My Role PM indicates that Teal is tied to Wisdom, and I received a message from my god at the beginning of N1.  Ottofar, would you confirm whether you also got a message?

My message was that I should find Nerjin interesting.

It's possible the riddle consists of piecing together the messages to figure out scum, while Green (Powers) and White (Life) are the means to keep us alive while we do so.

I'm not entirely convinced that Ottofar's white candle is truly out, based on the lack of smoke.  What if scum can only change one candle at night, and his white candle is under the effect of a role power?  This would break the apparent symmetry, but since when has Mafia been a symmetrical game?

Light Solifuge Teal - We'll light his white candle tomorrow, if this doesn't bring him back.  Confirming that White=Life is important, and lighting some other candle in order to disprove the Any=Life theory makes the most sense.
Light Toaster Teal - I want information on Teal whether or not Solifuge comes back, and right now it's you or Dariush.  I don't like how quick Dariush was to vote his own Teal at the beginning of the day, so I'm not putting my vote there.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 19, 2013, 01:36:22 am »

I suspect Teal is tied to receiving messages.  My Role PM indicates that Teal is tied to Wisdom, and I received a message from my god at the beginning of N1.  Ottofar, would you confirm whether you also got a message?[stuff]
So this does coincide with the candle = Life theory as opposed to the White = life theory.

Because Ottofar.

My message was that I should find Nerjin interesting.

It's possible the riddle consists of piecing together the messages to figure out scum, while Green (Powers) and White (Life) are the means to keep us alive while we do so.
Hmm, if you're scum, then this wouldn't harm anyone actually. Proposal: Instead of Green, let's light everyone's teal candles and then check?

A counter idea to that is divine intervention. God(s) aren't supposed to help their followers if they can do it themselves. So I'm taking that Teal = message thing with a grain of salt, the context of the message, that is.

...Dariush, is this why you'd wanted your Teal candle lit?

Testing @ Ottofar's white.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 19, 2013, 01:39:09 am »

Light Solifuge Teal - We'll light his white candle tomorrow, if this doesn't bring him back.  Confirming that White=Life is important, and lighting some other candle in order to disprove the Any=Life theory makes the most sense.
EBWOP:

I'm really leaning on the line of Green over Teal here. If Green correlates to Powers, and not to life, then we've one thing settled. If it does both Power and Life, then we've settled more than one theory regarding the matter.

...Though, if Teal gets him well and back again, it would be pretty much the same except we'd have a powerless Sol, judging by inference and worded testimonials.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 19, 2013, 10:20:52 am »

PFP
I'm not entirely convinced that Ottofar's white candle is truly out, based on the lack of smoke.  What if scum can only change one candle at night, and his white candle is under the effect of a role power?  This would break the apparent symmetry, but since when has Mafia been a symmetrical game?
If town can light candles faster than scum can snuff them, that would allow us to postpone the end of the game indefinitely.

With our ability to affect candles in balance, the game progresses towards its end every time town makes a move that isn't in its best interests. Right now I'm betting that's how this game works.

It feels right for a bastard that town can only lose if it shoots itself in the foot.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 19, 2013, 10:26:09 am »

So Ford, how do YOU know the scum want the candles out?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 19, 2013, 10:30:55 am »

PFP

Gods, I keep forgetting to post stuff.

I wanted to mention this a while ago, but my ability Strength gives me immunity to vote manipulation. Reason I'm sharing this is because it tells us that there are vote manipulation abilities in the game.

Also, I completely forgot about this until I looked over my PMs again, but back at the beginning of the day I claimed flavor that might indicate I was blocked.

PPE: Toaster
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 19, 2013, 10:33:27 am »

PFP
So Ford, how do YOU know the scum want the candles out?
I don't. But I have not yet seen any evidence that contradicts this.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 19, 2013, 10:46:05 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Dariush Teal: Dariush, Nerjin
Snuff Dariush White: notquitethere
Light Solifuge Green: Captain Ford, Ottofar, Remuthra, Tiruin
Light Solifuge Teal: Captain Ford, Okami No Rei, Ottofar, Remuthra, Toaster, Vector
Light Solifuge White: Dariush, Nerjin, notquitethere, Vector
Light Toaster Teal: Okami No Rei, Tiruin, Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific today (About 8 hours)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 108