Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stranded II: This time it's serious (I promise). [ISG/RP]  (Read 2207 times)

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
Stranded II: This time it's serious (I promise). [ISG/RP]
« on: March 25, 2013, 06:37:57 pm »

Stranded
An illustrated suggestion game/ roleplayer for a few lucky people

First, a word from our GM
Hey, everyone. I bet only three of you remember the last time I tried GMing a game rather a lot like this one (albeit, with less planning) and was forced to stop far less than a week into it due to some things popping up. I still feel a little guilty about that. However, I've put a lot more thought into it this time, and hopefully nothing major pops up to stop the proceedings. Something else I wanted to throw out there is that all the drawings are done with the mouse on paint.net, using the template I made for the people (shown below).
This has been a word from our GM

Basic Rules

1) There are two types of PCs. Unique characters, and one Community character. The Unique characters are created and controlled by a single person, usually the first people to sign up. The community character is created by me (as we'll see later) and then controlled like any other suggestion game: heated arguments helpful thoughts. Each character, whether unique or community, has the same objective, and is capable of the same actions (at the start, things can change later.)

2) Generally, I won't layout many guidelines or rules for you. At the very worst, your character won't be able to do the action you want.

3) If a Unique player drops out early, I'll pick a player from a waiting list to fill the void.

4) for suggesting action on the community character, use bold. for Unique characters (if you control one!), underline it. It'll clear some up some confusion for me and everyone else. For OOC comments, double parenthesis it, or some obvious "this isn't in character" symbols.

character creation   ^template. body parts will be properly attached in game.
hair style(keep it simple-ish):
Favorite color:
personality item:

players/waiting
Spoiler: Unique players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: waiting list (click to show/hide)

that's about it. If this becomes a big enough thread, I may add a navigation heading or something. The game will start once the player slots are full/ in about a week.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:06:01 pm by coolio678 »
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded II: This time it's serious (I promise). [ISG/RP]
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 07:47:46 pm »

Nvm
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:54:14 pm by Brood »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:49:56 pm »

The template says you deleted or removed the image. :/
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 08:52:12 pm »

Error 404: Template not found.

Name: Drake
Hair Style: Animey
Favorite Color: Yellow-Orange
Personality Item: Small Rubber Lizard
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 04:19:00 am »

Spoiler: An artist I am not (click to show/hide)

Name:Clair Bradley
hair style:Red, long
Favorite color:Red
personality item:Blue flower haircilp
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:25:16 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 04:38:07 am »

Name:Terence
hair style:Messy, brown.
Favorite color:Steel blue
personality item:Chopsticks

Error 503: Template unavailable.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 05:35:41 am »

Huh. The template was working when I posted this yesterday. I'll try to fix that, and then get to work creating everything.

edit: That should work. Not sure why it broke in the first place
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:38:21 am by coolio678 »
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 07:09:39 am »

Name: Larry Johnson
hair style: black hair, moustache with a goatee, generic short hair.
favorite color: Orange
personality item: sweet Sun glasses
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 07:28:55 am »

I want a waiting list spot. By the way, if it is possible to both be on the waiting list for a player who drops out and on the waiting list with a new char, I'll take that too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 03:16:05 pm »

I want a waiting list spot. By the way, if it is possible to both be on the waiting list for a player who drops out and on the waiting list with a new char, I'll take that too.

Well, the unique list has filled up, so I'll put you on the waiting list. if a person drops out, I can have your character take their spot, then

edit: and scrapheap, if you want I can draw all the characters for you guys.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 03:31:30 pm »

edit: and scrapheap, if you want I can draw all the characters for you guys.
If it not to much trouble, thank.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 05:10:10 pm »

I just wanted to let everyone not that I haven't died, but some stuff has come up (surprise!) and I'm still working on everyone. With any luck, Thursday should be when we can start.