Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 216179 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2013, 09:17:24 am »

Max, he was saying what he want to cut to pay for a larger army.
Your right, I totally misread...

So wait, we are cutting environmental programs to fund the military?
Oh god this kid is classic. It wouldn't surprise me if he was against gay marriage and anti-gun restrictions too!
Second one yes, first one no.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2013, 09:19:49 am »

...How do you live, expecting anyone and everyone to wake up in the morning and think 'Hm, Y'know Australia, yeah, fuck those guys'?
I don't expect that. I do know that we have an abundance of natural resources, space, a small armed forces, and large amounts of fertile farmland. Please tell me a country who wouldn't want this.

Naww, man, we already sold all that stuff to foreign countries! No one needs to invade us now, right?!

But anyway, the main thing I came in here to talk about is Sea Shepherd.  I agree with them completely.
Not so much because of some love for whales, oh no. I mean they are magnificient creatures and I despise the Japanese whalers who prey upon them... but then we do far worse things in Australia. See: abbotoirs, horrible farming practices, euthanasia and mass culling. It's pretty fucked up all over.

No, the real reason I support Sea Shepherd is for the very thing some people complained about earlier in this thread: Their modus operandi.
Standing around with your thumb up your arse holding fundraisers, lobbying the government or maybe tying yourself to a tree is a worthless waste of time. When an environmental organization actually starts to do something, when they truly believe in their cause to the point that they do step outside the law, then they gain my utmost respect.
Hooray for Sea Shepherd! May their methods become ever more unpleasant towards those they disagree with. :P

Fakeedit: Warning- while you were typing 4 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

...Are you fucking kidding me, Kingfisher? ??? As much as I support the military myself, you lost me when you suggested, well, allowing whaling. Seriously. ...Unless that was sarcasm, I guess. I am not good at sarcasm. If so, sorry.
Okay, more ninja replies. You actually weren't being sarcastic. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2013, 09:20:47 am »

Kingfisher, you've still failed to answer the bits that don't fit you. I know you've said you're better at emotion, but we don't do this in this forum. So 1) Since you want an increase of around 6 billions, but environmental protection (including fighting climate change) only cost a couple billions at most, what do you want to cut for that army.
2) Why do you need that army? Don't say something like "The Cadets". That something that should be managed outside the army. Like building bridge in Africa. It's simply not part of the army's core business.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2013, 09:22:23 am »

You actually weren't being sarcastic. ::)
See, this is what we call Poes law in action.
When somebody is on such an insane rant, it actually looks like parody.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2013, 09:26:47 am »

Kingfisher, you've still failed to answer the bits that don't fit you. I know you've said you're better at emotion, but we don't do this in this forum. So 1) Since you want an increase of around 6 billions, but environmental protection (including fighting climate change) only cost a couple billions at most, what do you want to cut for that army.
2) Why do you need that army? Don't say something like "The Cadets". That something that should be managed outside the army. Like building bridge in Africa. It's simply not part of the army's core business.
First of all, don't get all condescending and say " Pfft, commoner, we don't do this at this forum!" I'm not new here, don't act like I am. Emotional speech has a place in persuasive speaking Y'know.
2) It goes beyond " Cadets." There are serious fucking wars brewing. Years into the future we will see the impact of the brewing now. We need a military. Simple as that.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2013, 09:28:14 am »

2) It goes beyond " Cadets." There are serious fucking wars brewing. Years into the future we will see the impact of the brewing now. We need a military. Simple as that.

"There are serious fucking wars brewing"

Where exactly? And we already HAVE a military. We're debating the size of the military. Nobody is saying abolish the military or even knock it in half or anything. So that's a pure red herring / straw man. You were saying semi-land-locked nations exceed Australia's navy. Let me ask again ... name one such country?

And there's the fact that the world economy is FAR more integrated than even before ... a major war like WWII would destroy vast amounts of wealth for all the nations involved. Seriously, buying mines or mining shares, in Australia would get the foreign powers the minerals they want at a fraction of the cost of a war.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 09:34:06 am by Reelya »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 08, 2013, 09:28:56 am »

Emotional speech has a place in persuasive speaking Y'know.
Tears of hilarity... Rolling down cheeks... This guy. Seriously, it is adorable.
Don't you just want to dress him up in a 'Nuke the whales' shirt and hug him?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 08, 2013, 09:30:34 am »

Max, we don't bullshit around like you're doing now on this forum either. Either stop baiting for a fight or go away.

I think it would be a lot better to take pride in your wonderous, one-of-a-kind nature and to spend more money to protect that rather than to put more money into any part of the military. More patriotic as well, for that matter.
I do. Quite frankly though, our people have a higher place than animals. Sorry to burst your bubble.

So you would rather destroy the one single thing that actually makes your country special, the one thing that makes you stand out, to put money into something your country doesn't even need at this point. Permanently destroy something unique that you will never be able to regain, for something you can actually mobilize later just as easily as now.

That makes no sense to me. That's not patriotic, it's just militaristic.
Love, scriver~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 08, 2013, 09:32:12 am »

I just can't help it.
I tried to take this guy seriously, honestly I did, but there is a point where rational discussion just doesn't really have an affect.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 08, 2013, 09:35:21 am »

Where exactly?
I must have stated them a number of times now. Please, go look back through the thread.
You actually weren't being sarcastic. ::)
See, this is what we call Poes law in action.
When somebody is on such an insane rant, it actually looks like parody.
" HAHA, HE IS THE EXACT ANTITHESIS OF MY VIEWS, HE MUST BE INSANE!"
Emotional speech has a place in persuasive speaking Y'know.
Tears of hilarity... Rolling down cheeks... This guy. Seriously, it is adorable.
Don't you just want to dress him up in a 'Nuke the whales' shirt and hug him?
Oh, irony. This save the whales bullshit is quite frankly nothing but emotion.
Max, we don't bullshit around like you're doing now on this forum either. Either stop baiting for a fight or go away.

I think it would be a lot better to take pride in your wonderous, one-of-a-kind nature and to spend more money to protect that rather than to put more money into any part of the military. More patriotic as well, for that matter.
I do. Quite frankly though, our people have a higher place than animals. Sorry to burst your bubble.

So you would rather destroy the one single thing that actually makes your country special, the one thing that makes you stand out, to put money into something your country doesn't even need at this point. Permanently destroy something unique that you will never be able to regain, for something you can actually mobilize later just as easily as now.

That makes no sense to me. That's not patriotic, it's just militaristic.
So Gallipoli, Tobruk, Vegemite, farm culture, footy, meat pies, and barbecues have no impact on our culture nor national identity? We don't stand out because of previously mentioned foreign aid, battles, diplomacy, and other such things? Our kangaroos are the only thing that makes us special.

Although I do thank you for you starting comment. As long as this keeps civil, with as few rule-breaking incidents as possible, the better.
I just can't help it.
I tried to take this guy seriously, honestly I did, but there is a point where rational discussion just doesn't really have an affect.
Quite frankly you are just fishing for anger out of me right now.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 08, 2013, 09:37:18 am »

I might be, and I am sorry, but this really is kind of amusing.
You should come here more often, maybe tomorrow I will feel like bringing up some topic.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 08, 2013, 09:40:56 am »

You should come here more often, maybe tomorrow I will feel like bringing up some topic.
Even your apology ( If I can call it that ) has that damn tone to it. I'm reading it in a very nasal voice. Please, I came here for debate. Not " Kingfisher is a stupid poopyface" If I wanted to be berated in front of a lot of people I would shout out various unpopular things in the street.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 08, 2013, 09:42:32 am »

Well if you want to read my posts with a nasal voice... Go for it? I guess?
I can't make you read something in a specific voice?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 08, 2013, 09:43:54 am »

Even your apology ( If I can call it that ) has that damn tone to it. I'm reading it in a very nasal voice. Please, I came here for debate. Not " Kingfisher is a stupid poopyface" If I wanted to be berated in front of a lot of people I would shout out various unpopular things in the street.

As opposed to shouting them out in the forum? ???

"This save the whales bullshit" isn't a particularly civil response to an argument, I'm unsure why you then ask for civility in return...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 08, 2013, 09:44:14 am »

Where exactly?
I must have stated them a number of times now. Please, go look back through the thread.

I did better than that, i scanned through your personal post history.

And you haven't addressed that even once, as you well know. I'll have to call you out on very obvious trolling.

Just incoherently yelling "Indonesia" isn't the same as an argument that Australia is in Dire Peril.

The two other nations you mentioned, China and North Korea aren't much direct threat to us. What do you think India and South Korea will be doing whilst China+NK are steamrolling down to OZ? We have some pretty powerful regional allies there, too. America has the #1 navy, Russia is #2 and they've never been overly close to China in most of history, Japan is #4, UK is #5, France is $6, India is #7, South Korea is #8, Taiwan is the #10 navy.

http://military-navy-army-airforce.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/list-of-top-10-largest-navies-in-world.html

Whist China and NK are the #3 and #11 or something. More than likely, they'd be fighting every single other one of those nations before they ever got close to us. And Indonesia is in OUR alliance, too, allied with the Americans if you haven't noticed.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 09:52:38 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 163