Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 96810 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - The Cloister of Zodank, God of Madness [Day 1]
« Reply #315 on: March 29, 2013, 09:57:50 pm »

@Leafsnail: I meant, rather, that his behavior isn't consistent with him being town (which is all the meta I know).  If it's consistent with him being scum, then all the better.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 29, 2013, 10:00:05 pm »

Thread locked for day end processing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 29, 2013, 10:42:46 pm »

Vote Count:

The Soldier:
notquitethere: Hapah, Zombie Urist
Vector:
Captain Ford:
Hapah:
Okami No Rei:
Deathsword:
Zrk2: Leafsnail, The Soldier, Okami No Rei, Tiruin, Deathsword
Leafsnail:
Imperial Guardsman: notquitethere
Tiruin:
alamoes:
Zombie Urist: alamoes, Imperial Guardsman, Zrk2, Vector

Not Voting: Captain Ford

The day draws to an end, and it is decided that Zrk2 is the most likely threat you face.  He bows his head.  “I am no villain, or foe of you all.  But if I must die for this, then so be it.”  He does not resist death.

Checking his body, you find a medal of bravery and a letter of commendation.  It appears this Paladin just had the good of all in his heart.

With a sigh, you all head to your tents for the night, seeking safety from the others.  What threats will the night bring?

Zrk2 has been lynched!  He was a Paladin (Town).

Night 1 has begun!  Night 1 will last until Monday, 4/1 at 11 PM EST.  Given that this night spans a weekend, I will end the night early if I get all the night actions in, but in no less than 24 hours.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Fall of a Friend [Night 1]
« Reply #318 on: March 31, 2013, 11:17:21 am »

As a reminder, if you don't want to act at night, please send me a PM that expressly states so ("No Action" or the like.)  That way I'm not waiting on you to process the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Fall of a Friend [Night 1]
« Reply #319 on: April 01, 2013, 09:59:13 am »

You gather back to begin another day of discussions, but there aren’t nearly enough people here...  there should be twelve but there are only nine.

Tiruin is the first found.  Face down in a bloody pool, she is clearly dead.  From what you can tell, this Transmuter was innocent.  Leafsnail is found next, equally dead.  Searching him is more fruitful, though.  A fragment of journal is found in his pocket, with scattered ramblings about what he would do after the others were gone.  The page is ripped, though, so you can’t tell with whom he was working, though it’s clear he wasn’t alone.

After half an hour of searching, there’s simply no sign of Captain Ford.  It doesn’t look like his tent was slept in last night, but all his gear is there and there’s a bit of dinner still sitting out, untouched.  Where could he possibly be?

The rest of you give each other icy stares, then the arguments begin.

Leafsnail has been killed!  He was a Ranger (Mafia).

Tiruin has been killed!  She was a Transmuter (Town).

Captain Ford is missing.

Day 2 has begun!  Day 2 will last until Thursday, 4/4 at 11 PM EST.

There are nine items in the public pool.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:02:27 am by Toaster »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Down and Out [Day 2]
« Reply #320 on: April 01, 2013, 11:35:58 am »

BAH!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 01, 2013, 11:41:10 am »

Does anyone know of any item that would make a guy go missing?  I don't.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 01, 2013, 12:01:41 pm »

zombieurist

I dont know who killed leaf ( but i thank you ).

but who killed tiruin?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 01, 2013, 12:41:39 pm »

Cold...so cold.

Everyone else is back. Bickering. As always.

And my only wish was to create the Philosopher's Stone. Made out of scrolls. Heh.

Wait, I'm a ghost. Bah.

At least a good kick up this cultist's face would give me satisfaction.

Heheh. Satisfaction.

* Tiruin has been slain! x_x

Identify Items? (Y/N)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 01, 2013, 12:50:26 pm »

alamoes, could have been the Legacy Weapon Artifact, though that would be statistically rare. I guess we'll find out if Ford ever comes back.

Imperial Guardsman, I don't think scum are going to come right out and say who they are. If you had a nightkill item would you have used it last night, if so on whom?

We've had three flips, which is even more information than usual. In the hours and days to come I'll be looking back on the post record at interactions and reads by the dead (especially Leafsnail) to see if anything egregious sticks out.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 01, 2013, 01:05:39 pm »

Deathsword.  What do you think happened with Captain Ford?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 01, 2013, 01:10:23 pm »

He was probably removed from the game by an item. Hopefuly it won't be permanent. What do you think?

NQT: Why do you think it was an artifact and not a more common item?

IG: Speculating on what might have happened at night is just that: speculation. The only way to know for sure what happened is if someone claims or once the game ends.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 01, 2013, 01:12:43 pm »

Imperial Guardsman, I don't think scum are going to come right out and say who they are. If you had a nightkill item would you have used it last night, if so on whom?
yes. on zombie urist

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 01, 2013, 01:12:58 pm »

PFP

I think I remember  someone going missing in a past game (Jim, maybe?). "Scroll of Phasing" is stuck in my head but don't know if it's an item or not.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 01, 2013, 01:18:59 pm »

He was probably removed from the game by an item. Hopefuly it won't be permanent. What do you think?

I am pretty sure that the first part of this is a trivial statement.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44