Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 238487 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 5.5 - strange bedfellows
« Reply #270 on: January 26, 2014, 04:53:33 pm »

I got a report about something similar in the Warlock mod. As you know I do use your scripts for corrupting prisoners. I turn them into Ghouls. The issue is that the Ghouls are frightened by my laborers, and cause start fights. They might be friendly laborers, but somehow are still part of their original civ.

I only base this on reports though, I havent tested this myself yet.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2014, 01:40:59 am »

I have found 2 issues :
- The 'tamed' citizen are getting shot. Apparently the script provided with the mod is outdated, dfhack r4 provides an updated version of lua/makeown that works. I will update that asap.

- The creature is not transformed anymore. That one is giving me trouble because that is one dfhack plugin that seem to not work anymore. I am looking for more info on that.

On another news, the mac version will be back with those bugfixes.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2014, 01:11:44 pm »

I solved the issue, and that was quite tiny.

Adding 'syndromeTrigger enable' to dfhack.init reenable the transformations.
Using makeown.lua from the official r4 release solve the issues with thief still beaing treated as hostile.

I'll make the patches and release asap.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2014, 08:46:13 pm »

Using makeown.lua from the official r4 release solve the issues with thief still beaing treated as hostile.
Are you sure? I am using the r4 makeown, and got that report.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 28, 2014, 03:08:55 am »

Are you sure? I am using the r4 makeown, and got that report.

Perhaps there is edge cases to the script. If I have a save when that happen I could test this further.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 5.6 - strange bedfellows
« Reply #275 on: January 30, 2014, 02:34:00 am »

Update 5.6

This update should fix the issue with the prisoners not converting to succubi or getting struck down. I may not have covered all the edge cases so if it still fail to work in your work, I am interested in seeing your save.

The important part is the included dfhack.init. If you wish to use yours, make sure the following lines are there :

enable autoSyndrome
syndromeTrigger enable

Otherwise there is no changes to the raws this time besides one sprite.

Oh, and the osx version is back.  :)

Here's the changelog :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Downloads
Windows build
Mac build
Linux build
Masterwork patch
standalone version

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 11, 2014, 03:12:11 am »

Some progress report.

I am finishing fixing issues related to the existing content. The obsolete items that was used in the old summoning system has been removed and soul wisps are no longer available at embark. Those will be summoned, if I can make civil interactions work.

Summoning nahashes now requires a sweet pod instead of a strawberry and tentacles monsters does not require honey anymore. Several reagents from summoning jobs has been removed to make the whole process faster.

I am also remaking the pain elemental explosion. It does now does a cave-in like effect to propel enemies away plus a fire jet. With an additional undirected fire it should now be a proper explosion.

With this done, there is a couple of new summoning jobs to add for both civs before getting in the new features properly.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 23, 2014, 11:46:03 am »

I finished the new workshops and added two new summons. Lovercraft readers will recognize the first one.

As for the second summoning job...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also imported the soul system from MW's warlock tower. Of course you will not get souls from butchering the vanilla creatures, but a reaction will enable you to extract it from corpses.

mattychan

• Bay Watcher
  • Less than dabbling DF Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2014, 12:29:32 am »

yo I grabbed your mod and love it, I have been away from DF for a while so I'm a lil rusty on whats important.
I use dwarf therapist and it seems to consider some of the lesser displayed things like LawDwarf as the dwarf version instead of something like LawSuccubi, thought I would throw that at you. I do enjoy all your workings with converting enemys, have yet to get to test it, but sounds awesome. Keep up the good work 10/10!
If I ask a dumb question, please tell me. So we can bond over it.
Clearly egotistical. Moon Elves Rule!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2014, 04:24:22 am »

Glad that you like it.

I did not use therapist lately, but depending of the version you use it can get confused. It depends how well it integrate the race name. I'll test this later on.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 18, 2014, 03:49:20 am »

Some progress report: I hit a few brick walls while writing interactions and reactions but I have solved these problems. I now have several new workshops for both civs and quite a few dfhack scripts to support those.

I imported the soul item from masterwork. Butchering the summoned creatures will yield a soul. For the vanilla creatures, there will be reactions to extract souls from corpses or totems. That will allow to get souls from any corpses on both civs.

The succubi received new magic weapons, reactions that buff their pets, spells that affect the entire site or targets invaders and a couple of secrets to learn. Using those spells might affect your workers psyche and bodies for the worse better. Like the summoning system, those will be extended and balanced afterwards.

Now I have to test it all, everything is probably buggy so that should take some more time.

By the way, what embark profiles or world gen settings are you using?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 27, 2014, 05:41:28 am »

After finding a few solutions in masterwork DF for complex problems I had, I finished writing all the new objects for the next version. All it need is to provide reagents for a few jobs and we should be done.

I had to push back a few feature, first because it is taking too much time to add many reactions, and then to prevent this update to become a kitchen sink full of random ideas. You will be able to upgrade your succubi, give then a few interactions and once those are balanced this system will be extended, like the summoning.

Now the debugging phase will go this way:
- Gen a new world and make sure there is no error in the log.
- Verify the workshop building materials, and the jobs reagents.
- Drop all the reagents and run those one at a time and fix any bug that occurs.
- Push the changes into MW and start over.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 27, 2014, 07:29:24 am »

I noticed people haven't been offering you much feedback lately, but just want you to know I'm still lurking. Love what you've done so far - but one thing I'd really like you to do (as I always do it myself) is add a few buildable light sources for that dfhack plugin that adds lighting. Even if it's just a big gem that lights up the area, or something.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2014, 07:53:11 am »

I noticed people haven't been offering you much feedback lately, but just want you to know I'm still lurking. Love what you've done so far - but one thing I'd really like you to do (as I always do it myself) is add a few buildable light sources for that dfhack plugin that adds lighting. Even if it's just a big gem that lights up the area, or something.

I'll add gem lights and pentagrams, I planned to pick the ones from MW.

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2014, 02:01:05 pm »

I always play embarks with nothing.

Unfortunately, I need an anvil to do most work, so, like it or not, I have to start with an anvil, whether I like it or not.

I would love, LOVE, if I could actually embark as a deep succubus civ with nothing at all, and still be successful.

PS: I am trying to build a clear glass pyramid in the middle of the ocean for my deep succubi! Takes forever. I wish that making glass blocks would give 4 instead of 1. (Maybe you should modify this reaction for succubi.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:10:04 pm by Iazo »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42