Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: Soylent Green Is Real, People!  (Read 51737 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Soylent Green Is Real, People!
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2013, 05:32:01 pm »

What was Body of Vi, Grak?

Here is a website where you can learn more. I can get you into the deal. You just have to pay me $500 a month for the raw merchandise. Selling is up to you. You get a huge discount if you sign up somebody else, though.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2013, 10:37:07 pm »

Guh. Yeah, that sounds pretty nasty. This one... well, doesn't seem to be like that, so far. Just a straight up cost for the material/mixing, which is fairly in line with what retail value would be. We'll see if/when it goes into actual production, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2013, 10:57:28 pm »

Here is a website where you can learn more. I can get you into the deal. You just have to pay me $500 a month for the raw merchandise. Selling is up to you. You get a huge discount if you sign up somebody else, though.
How is this... anything like that? (well, beyond superficial similarities in the actual product) This guy doesn't even seem to be trying to sell anyone anything yet. And he's given no indication of ever setting up any sort of incentive/pyramid scheme structure. He's not even casting it as a diet food.

Also the visalus stuff looks like it would kill you... not what I'd call healthy... o_o

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2013, 12:13:33 am »

I looked at the white paper, expecting a neatly obtuse, scientific breakdown of the theory behind the ads.
I got a decidedly non-scientific 5-page PDF that said pretty much nothng, though it did imply it used artificial sweeteners...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2013, 04:03:48 pm »

Rob said he'll release the detailed ingredients open source. I'm looking forward to it, because he reported lifted mood in his trail, maybe that'll help against depression.

Course I could just cook healthy every day, but when being depressed I just can't be fucked to spend hours in the kitchen.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2013, 04:08:59 pm »

Didn't he already release the full ingredients list? (Though he's still tweaking amounts obviously, and plans on releasing another)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2013, 04:27:22 pm »

I found the article a bit odd in that it presented it as a new idea when there have been meal replacement drinks like boost on the market for years. Though it would be pretty interesting if it became something that you could easily do yourself in your own home.

This sort of thing is pretty common for medical reasons too. I was very ill when I was a teenager and didn't eat food for two years. Instead I had formula pumped into my stomach through a tube in my nose. In more extreme cases I've known people who have had what is called "total parenteral nutrition" - where nutrients are delivered directly into the bloodstream (bypassing digestion altogether).

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2013, 04:56:24 pm »

Both of those are certainly different problems than this, though, even if the goal is ultimately the same.

If you know of any decent meal replacement drinks on the market, for the general population, do share though. Preferably ones that don't leave you starving all the time, taste alright, don't cause problems with eating regular food, and are geared towards people with a healthy, active lifestyle.

As far as I can tell, none of the previous attempts at that went anywhere.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2013, 05:08:46 pm »

Didn't he already release the full ingredients list? (Though he's still tweaking amounts obviously, and plans on releasing another)
I mean the Vi drink. :P

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Soylent Green Is Real, Was Recently Discovered to Be People!
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2013, 07:40:03 pm »

I was just thinking about something that would have been rather fitting.

Thousands amazed at this unforseeable turn of events. Others expressed feelings of fullness and satisfaction.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2013, 04:00:11 am »

Rob put a discussion group link up on his mailing list. 

He has posted there that he'll be submitting his Kickstarter in a couple days.  Exciting!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2013, 04:02:21 am »

I would love some Soylent instead of having to eat and chew and brush my teeth and remove all stuck foods three times a day XD Kickstarter go!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2013, 10:28:29 am »

I wonder how much melted mint chocolate chips would change the recipe. As a food lover, I'd want something that I'd enjoy consuming but still gave me all the nutrients I need.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2013, 05:44:44 pm »

I can assure you that this product is not designed for chocolate chips to be added. It probably would not improve the taste, to say nothing of the health nonbenefits.

I would love some Soylent instead of having to eat and chew and brush my teeth and remove all stuck foods three times a day XD Kickstarter go!
I hope you keep brushing your teeth. I really do.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2013, 06:07:19 pm »

I enjoy food, I really do. I don't think eating a nutrient slurry is going to be good for psychological health, even if it's good for physical health.

That Ramen example from before, though. I thought the problem with an all-Ramen diet wasn't taste, but sodium. Last I checked, there's a crapload of salt in those things.

I can assure you that this product is not designed for chocolate chips to be added. It probably would not improve the taste, to say nothing of the health nonbenefits.

I hope you keep brushing your teeth. I really do.
You got a bit of Soylent in your teeth there.

And three times a day? That's probably damaging your teeth. Dentists reccomend twice a day, but even that may be damaging to your teeth, as they also reccomend doing so right after eating, when whatever you've eaten has likely softened your teeth, and the toothbrush grinds away bits of the enamel(results in tooth damage you go to the dentist to fix; profit dentists).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38