Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: Soylent Green Is Real, People!  (Read 51711 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Soylent Green Is Real, People!
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 07:28:48 am »

Including Auschwitz and blowjobs.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2013, 07:40:38 am »

This beige slurry sounds like the food bags that the very disabled (as in, they basically can't do anything for themselves) have running directly into their stomachs.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2013, 07:41:31 am »

Including Auschwitz and blowjobs.
Anything even remotely related to the prostate seems to cause cancer, yeah. From what I vaguely remember that thing's like a little fleshsponge of cancerambulations, at least once it's been marinating long enough. And if Auschwitz didn't it probably would have started to after a while. Random arbitrary carcinogenic radiation seems right up that sort of thing's alley.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2013, 08:16:17 am »

Generally, missing obscure microvitamins/minerals won't kill you. It might have a negative effect of some kind, but you probably aren't at much higher risk of not getting it drinking Soylent than eating food, as it would be obscure.

True that. Also, it's way easier to monitor your food intake if your sole nutrient source is lab-manufactured slurry, leading to a better chance of actually discovering some of those obscure microvitamins/minerals.

I think this is very interesting. Not sure if it'll actually be that much cheaper than actual food, since farming remains the best method of producing bulk nutrients, but I find the convenience appealing. Just quaffing a can of slurry instead of eating? SO COOL.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2013, 08:20:13 am »

Just quaffing a can of slurry instead of eating? SO COOL.
Thus humanity became too lazy to chew their own food.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2013, 10:37:07 am »

Literally everything on earth both causes and cure cancer, depending on who you ask.

http://kill-or-cure.herokuapp.com/
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 01:40:49 pm »

So you think. All of us deviant connoisseurs shall be in the classy corner furiously masticating to food channels. Enjoy your slop; I've got poultry to baste, tea to brew and rice to steam... Slowly.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 01:51:18 pm »

So you think. All of us deviant connoisseurs shall be in the classy corner furiously masticating to food channels. Enjoy your slop; I've got poultry to baste, tea to brew and rice to steam... Slowly.
* MetalSlimeHunt stares directly into your eyes as he gradually stirs the cake batter. It is SLIGHTLY UNNERVING.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2013, 04:17:31 pm »

Well, I'm all signed up. Hope to hear back soonish!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2013, 05:39:27 pm »

Tell us how it works!  I am very, very interested in this.  I honestly hate eating.  The only kinds of food I really enjoy eating are the kinds you eat at a restaurant once every couple weeks.  I also have serious issues with eating I've brought up before that definitely fuck up my nutrition.  Being able to get everything I need in a cake-flavored slurry would be the best thing I've ever done.
Shoes...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2013, 06:15:50 pm »

It works because it's everything your body uses to build, maintain, and clean itself, delivered as efficiently as possible to the best of our knowledge (both in delivery and in what is actually in it)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2013, 07:43:13 pm »

Pretty much what Descan said. Your body can't tell the difference between nutrients in their pure form and nutrients stashed away with a dozen others in regular food, so this guy went out and bought nutrients in as pure of a form as he could find them and tossed them all into a glass of water and chugged it down. Of course, his body's like "Oh sweet. Nutrients! Fuck yeah!" so it doesn't complain.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2013, 09:04:01 pm »

Personally I find this horrific and, if it catches on, frightening on a societal level - microwave dinners to the nth degree. The solution to the food crisis lies in increased personal responsibility over food production and reduced the reliance on industrial agriculture and processing. Something almost entirely processed is not going to be cost-effective compared to sustaining yourself on calories and nutrients converted directly from solar energy. I'm sure the owners of the factories converting commodity corn into maltodextrin are going to be excited about this though.

/2cents

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2013, 09:06:39 pm »

Are you saying Soylent is bad because we should all be robots and/or farmers? I don't quite follow your argument.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2013, 09:35:04 pm »

Frumple: You can eat for much less per month that this would cost, but can you eat as healthily?

The thing that really attracts me to this idea is that you have a much better control over the proportions of everything that you eat. As it is, any steak you buy is as big as it is, any fruit you eat is as big as it is, etc. With this method, you can weigh stuff to try and get a balanced diet.
Magma is overrated.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38