Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Castle doctrine - MMO house defense - Dev in thread  (Read 17352 times)

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle doctrine - MMO house defense - Dev in thread
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2013, 11:48:24 am »

I'm not sure what I am called, but as far as I know I'm the only person using this type of base as of yet. Over about five different iterations during the last few days I slowly perfected the design, and this latest one is easily the best yet. It still needs strengthening, but the first twenty people to try have all failed. ;-)
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2013, 11:52:33 am »

Does yours have an outer wall of concrete, and two powered doors on each side?

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2013, 12:12:42 pm »

Thats it. And I spoke too soon, somebody managed to trip open the entrance by luck....
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2013, 12:21:41 pm »

I designed a combination lock with a 2-digit unlocking code (that must be entered sequentially), and I'm sitting happily on over 17 grand. If anybody finds a house in possession of Real Art by Edmund Mcmillun, please tell me his name so I can go steal it. I must have that painting.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2013, 12:24:16 pm »

I designed a combination lock with a 2-digit unlocking code (that must be entered sequentially), and I'm sitting happily on over 17 grand. If anybody finds a house in possession of Real Art by Edmund Mcmillun, please tell me his name so I can go steal it. I must have that painting.

Well, that's only 100 attempts to go through before you crack it... unless you make it one-way only with the way back closing behind the prospective burglar.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2013, 12:26:23 pm »

Well, that's only 100 attempts to go through before you crack it... unless you make it one-way only with the way back closing behind the prospective burglar.
5 powered doors lock behind the burglar as he enters, and any buttons pressed out of order make it impossible to get into the vault.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2013, 12:31:52 pm »

5 powered doors lock behind the burglar as he enters, and any buttons pressed out of order make it impossible to get into the vault.

A bit over the top, but then again, there ain't such thing as 'over the top' when it comes to security.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2013, 12:33:45 pm »

A bit over the top, but then again, there ain't such thing as 'over the top' when it comes to security.
There are also six dogs before those powered doors that you have to run past first, so even if somebody brings five crowbars to get out, I think it's still impossible for them to leave.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2013, 03:59:41 pm »

Did you record the entombing bit on video? Speaking of which, when will more of your let's play be uploaded? I really enjoy it.

Just uploaded the video where I build a shrine around my wife's corpse. Turned into a pretty cool trap-tomb if I do say so myself: A Fitting Tomb for a Dwarf

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2013, 04:02:01 pm »

Did you record the entombing bit on video? Speaking of which, when will more of your let's play be uploaded? I really enjoy it.

Just uploaded the video where I build a shrine around my wife's corpse. Turned into a pretty cool trap-tomb if I do say so myself: A Fitting Tomb for a Dwarf

Haha I had just come to this thread to ask if you had uploaded the next video! I guess I know what I'm doing for the next half hour. :D
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2013, 04:53:40 pm »

Haha I had just come to this thread to ask if you had uploaded the next video! I guess I know what I'm doing for the next half hour. :D

Hope you enjoy :) I had fun in that episode, building up Wendy's tomb. Well, not the fact that she had a need for a tomb, obviously, but since she does need one, it needs to be made of expensive walls and filled with traps. It's just how these things are done.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2013, 05:18:36 pm »

Of course.  One must treat the dead with respect.  I also enjoy how you refuse to wantonly kill other's family.  Very noble of you.  Anyways, may I suggest an idea for one of your videos?  What if next time you die, instead of trying to rebuild your traps, take that first two grand and invest in being a full-time robber.  I think it would be more interesting to see you try and take on the tough houses because you won't be scared to lose your base and family.  That's my two cents at least.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2013, 05:52:48 pm »

Sure, though I've recorded a few episodes in advance so it'll be 2 or 3 episodes more before I can show that. On the plus side, I did just die recently, so now's a good time to get that sort of episode recorded :D

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2013, 06:03:03 pm »

Awesome! I shall be eagerly awaiting its arrival.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2013, 11:59:22 pm »

Am I overlooking something, or is it odd that Steel walls cost $20 and require a $100 tool to be broken into, while Concrete walls are $50 and require a $50 tool to break into?
I think the reason cutting tools are worth $100 is that they cut open wooden walls and steel walls, whereas concrete walls require their own special tool.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17