Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Trials of Ascension: a 99-death MMO: come join the pre-Kickstarter community!  (Read 8832 times)

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile

Hey people,

New article detailing plans for infectious diseases and syndromes! 

http://trialsofascension.com/news/plagues-diseases

I'm really excited about this kind of stuff... i've never played an MMO with plague and contagion before.

The last time I played a game that only allowed one character per account but multiple accounts per player, the multiboxers were far and away the most powerful players in the game. They were able to solo the unsoloable and completely broke the economy. It was practically a form of pay-to-win.

I agree that it unbalances things a bit... the reason why they are allowing multiple accounts is so that families who share the same credit card can play together.  Hopefully multiboxers won't get too far ahead of the rest of the playerbase.
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Been watching this. Got a little tired of the forums there and will poke my head back in once there's some videos/demos/articles demonstrating the practical, nitty-gritty details of gameplay.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Looks like it might be a haven and hearth without the grindliness.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile

Been watching this. Got a little tired of the forums there and will poke my head back in once there's some videos/demos/articles demonstrating the practical, nitty-gritty details of gameplay.

Honestly I think they should go the route of Embers of Caerus and Pathfinder Online and do an initial Kickstarter for a small amount of money in order to do a nice-looking and representative tech demo, so that they can shop it around to investors and maybe do a second kickstarter for the money to make the actual game.  MMOs cost a heck of a lot to make, and there's only so much they can do in their spare time before they have any funding...

Otherwise, I think they face a problem: in order to raise money on Kickstarter, they have to have solid preliminary assets to show off, which it's difficult to produce until they make money enough to pay for them.

Either way it's going to be a while before we see some solid gameplay videos / better screenshots / character creators / whatever.
Adon * Amil * Orethan

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile

first gameplay video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd-8hY6fuj0

Also, the kickstarter is going to start this summer sometime!
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile

Sounds really interesting. PTW

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile

Hey,

just thought I'd bump this thread as we get closer to the kickstarter date... It should be sometime in the next couple weeks.

They've redone their faq section with a game info page that really summarizes nicely the salient features of the game...

http://trialsofascension.com/guide/
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Dyraele

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Just an FYI. KS will start on Oct 21.

Also, the 100 deaths is not set in stone just yet. It may change based on testing.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile

I really can't wait for this, I'm skeptical... But really hopeful. :D

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW
hopefully its as fun as Darkfall was at its begining

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile

I'm not sure about this, but it seems like it'll turn out good. Wonder if it'll have roleplaying mechanics/roleplaying servers.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

MasterCyria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<Deleted by User>
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 05:53:28 pm by MasterCyria »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]