Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Taking Modding Requests  (Read 10058 times)

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Modding Requests
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2013, 07:56:21 am »

Modding in (very, very) deadly steel colossi in right now, want them to have a poison spit attack.
Can not get them to spit the poison, only something like "steel colossus poison n/a"
Here are the raws, I am using helmet snake poison for this as of now, want to make it a contact poison and a trailing vapor flow and a liquid glob spit of it:

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:VENOM:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen steel colossus venom]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen steel colossus venom]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:steel colossus venom]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:steel colossus venom]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling steel colossus venom]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling steel colossus venom]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:steel colossus poison]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:COLOSSUS_STEEL:ALL]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[CE_FEVER:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]                    [CE_PAIN:SEV:75:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500] [CE_SWELLING:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500] [CE_OOZING:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
[CE_BRUISING:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:10:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:75:END:100]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:800:END:3000]
  [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
  [CDI:ADV_NAME:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:VENOM:LIQUID:100:100]
  [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
  [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
  [CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE:TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW]
  [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
  [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:20]
  [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
  [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]
  [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
  [CDI:ADV_NAME:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:VENOM:LIQUID:100:100]
  [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
  [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
  [CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE:LIQUID_GLOB]
  [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
  [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:20]
  [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
  [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]
Since it is my first time modding a spit attack, I do not know where to refer to what in the attack itself, the venom itself should be ok, as I just copied it from the helmet snake and replaced the name.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2013, 10:02:27 am »

I see two problems off the bat in your material emissions

When you define the CDI:MATERIAL you don't refer to your poison, you refer to "CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE", which is not the name of your local creature material ("VENOM")

and, I don't even know what you're doing with ADV_NAME.  THat is the name that gets displayed for player in adventure or arena mode.  It should be something liek [CDI:ADV_NAME:Spit Poison]

It looks like you are using all the right tokens, look up "Syndrome tokens" on wiki, it will explain the syntax.

Wait period 10 is really fast (like he can use this attack every turn), but that might be working as intended.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2013, 11:08:54 am »

I got the basic layout from the wiki, but did not see all that explained in the syndrome article.
Will look there again, and thanks!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2013, 07:12:06 pm »

Taking requests now. Motivation is at an all-time low. Those requests earlier, I forgot about them :-[, but whoever has these requests just post again and I'll set to work on them. If you forgot completely about it/died, its okay too. I'm good with fantasy/mythological things, and recently I learned I have no idea how to make plasma weapons or anything of that nature. Orcs or shadow gremlins, I got you, but space robots? With plasma rockets, guns, loads of new body parts, fixed temperatures, etc, I'll be sort of stumped for a while. (This is a sort of a shameless bump post, even though I was still taking requests)
Well, on this kraken thing I have been building, I am seeking to make it a megabeast which comes from the shores. Any modder more experienced in behavior, please halp.
I want it to use LASH skill, not sure where that is, instead of strike. Its more like a slap, really.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
help is appreciated (though this is supposed to be the thread where I help people, I need help too. :P)
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2013, 09:12:55 pm »

Taking requests now. Motivation is at an all-time low. Those requests earlier, I forgot about them :-[, but whoever has these requests just post again and I'll set to work on them. If you forgot completely about it/died, its okay too. I'm good with fantasy/mythological things, and recently I learned I have no idea how to make plasma weapons or anything of that nature. Orcs or shadow gremlins, I got you, but space robots? With plasma rockets, guns, loads of new body parts, fixed temperatures, etc, I'll be sort of stumped for a while. (This is a sort of a shameless bump post, even though I was still taking requests)
Well, on this kraken thing I have been building, I am seeking to make it a megabeast which comes from the shores. Any modder more experienced in behavior, please halp.
I want it to use LASH skill, not sure where that is, instead of strike. Its more like a slap, really.
help is appreciated (though this is supposed to be the thread where I help people, I need help too. :P)

I Know Narthil used some in her mod, you might want to check that out.

Other then that, just putting in    [ATTACK_SKILL:WHIP]

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2013, 09:14:29 pm »

Auroros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2013, 12:27:51 am »

^^' I will just copy paste my Request Post

would you mind creating a dragon Human twice as large as a normal Human, Scales as hard as Iron, it has High Speed and having a Weapon forte for Swords

btw, the Dragon Human I desire has:
Head of a Human
two horns
Claws of a Dragon
Size of a Dragon (Being twice to three times as large as a Human... Well, not counting in Lao Shan standards, because that thing would be easily 30x+ of a Human X_X)
Humanoid Body
two Wings 'n' one tail
Scales of a dragon (Just as though as iron, colored grey, then a rare Variant with golden scales and scales as tough as that, and black scales tough as steel.)
Hair of a Human (Color is yours to choose...)
Lives in Lairs or on Mountain peaks. (Again, yours to choose)

So... please?

I don't know if you can actually change something there, but, if possible, make him rather Pain resistant (But not completely.), please. The swords should be preferably made of Iron or better. (If you cannot seem to give him one, mod one of his hands to have a sword in the hand. (Like, it is part of his Body.) But if that is too complex for you or if it is not possible, then do not give him a Weapon at all.

aliasfree

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2013, 02:25:21 am »

^^' I will just copy paste my Request Post

would you mind creating a dragon Human twice as large as a normal Human, Scales as hard as Iron, it has High Speed and having a Weapon forte for Swords

btw, the Dragon Human I desire has:
Head of a Human
two horns
Claws of a Dragon
Size of a Dragon (Being twice to three times as large as a Human... Well, not counting in Lao Shan standards, because that thing would be easily 30x+ of a Human X_X)
Humanoid Body
two Wings 'n' one tail
Scales of a dragon (Just as though as iron, colored grey, then a rare Variant with golden scales and scales as tough as that, and black scales tough as steel.)
Hair of a Human (Color is yours to choose...)
Lives in Lairs or on Mountain peaks. (Again, yours to choose)

So... please?

I don't know if you can actually change something there, but, if possible, make him rather Pain resistant (But not completely.), please. The swords should be preferably made of Iron or better. (If you cannot seem to give him one, mod one of his hands to have a sword in the hand. (Like, it is part of his Body.) But if that is too complex for you or if it is not possible, then do not give him a Weapon at all.

It's possible to make "bladed" body parts. Unfortunately, I'm not very accustomed to messing around with those, let alone creating new ones. You or someone else could cannibalize and modify the the body part tags of the Scythod (since they have bladed arms [http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7242])

Auroros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2013, 10:15:16 am »

Thank you very much :D Let's see if my next Adventurer can beat that!

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2013, 06:31:42 pm »

Werehuman Cancels game: Interrupted by mod request
  Werehuman has begun work on a mysterious construction!
  Werehuman is working with menacing fury!
+Signature+

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2013, 10:18:44 am »

I've made good progress. Going to post pretty soon, my main problem is that for some reason, the scales are the color of the hair, and the hair is white? Still working 'furiously'. :P Frustrated, certainly.
+Signature+

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2013, 11:19:04 am »

I've always want a half-dragon to play as in either modes...
Because being a fucking dragon human that can transform into a full on dragon and back is BADASS AS FUCK!
I AM UNREASONABLY PUMPED TODAY! WOOOO
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2013, 11:33:54 am »

I can make robots which shoot plasma or grenades, if you are ok with using dfhack for your df installation.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2013, 12:39:07 pm »

The creature is nearly done. Fixed hair issues. Going to work on entity. I heard from somewhere you can only transform once or something like that. Not really sure. If it is possible, KingofstarrySkies, I'm guessing that it would be like this: Start out as dragonman. You can use an ability to transform into a dragon, and it lasts for a while. Once it runs out you are back to dragonman. Or is it a human that transforms into dragon?
+Signature+

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2013, 12:46:15 pm »

No no no, its your first one. It would be PERFECT for my schemes to end ALL OF THE ELVES! MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11