Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Taking Modding Requests  (Read 10086 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Modding Requests
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2013, 03:04:54 am »

Just copy the existing berries and rename/recolour it. Easier anyway.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2013, 03:08:46 am »

Just copy the existing berries and rename/recolour it. Easier anyway.

Not exactly the fix I'm looking for. I just want it to show up in the embark menu. Everything else is working.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2013, 03:12:29 am »

Don't think you can--custom reaction items are only available on embark if they're bars.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2013, 03:23:40 am »

No help with putting my creatures together right?
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2013, 03:33:03 am »

Okay, my creature now exists but falls apart at a touch. Which doesn't kill it.

ETA: well, not at a touch. But still pretty fast. And its venom spitting doesn't seem to work yet.

Well, you wrote "LIQUID_BLOB" in the interaction instead of LIQUID_GLOB, for one thing ;)

Also you i think you want the Emission to be using local material "POISON" (the name of the local material that you defined), not "extract template" (not a local materials); and that possibly you need to move the definition of the material named "POISON" above the definition of the interaction.

I don't know how to parse the rest of your comment/problem.  What you mean "fall apart"?  What is striking it and with what weapon?  What is happening and how is it different from what you want?  Most unarmored creatures go down fast in DF combat when struck with an axe.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:37:20 am by smakemupagus »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2013, 03:37:44 am »

Don't think you can--custom reaction items are only available on embark if they're bars.

Can you still get them from trade caravans? I've never checked to see if they bring oils either (they're a custom reaction right)?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2013, 04:33:32 am »

I have two of them fight each other without weapons and before long the whole arena is covered in teeth and toes.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2013, 05:02:15 pm »

I have two of them fight each other without weapons and before long the whole arena is covered in teeth and toes.

Two of them can fight, it is like putting two people in addy armor and having them fight. Try having someone attack you with something you would normally find on an adventurer.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2013, 05:06:18 pm »

SOCKET       Allows the body part to be easily knocked out. Used on teeth.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2013, 05:17:14 pm »

Really sorry, computer had been occupied for a day or so. Now, I can work on modding. I know the logistics, just not some of the tags, so again, it might take a while. I have terrible work ethic. First up is the GuessWho's thing, I believe you have the main stuff done, you just need scales on part of the body and skin/fur on part? Then that other guy who wanted war cat stuff and castes, going to work on that after that. Finally because I think I sort of know how to do this, the gundam thing. As a pacifier, would anyone like these demon things? I made  Made it a week before this post, and in arena one survived so long from 3 grand master dwarves in full steel the three of them died of infection. The amount of scars was similar to planepacked, and it had all the bones in its body broken.
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2013, 05:26:51 pm »

SOCKET       Allows the body part to be easily knocked out. Used on teeth.

Hmmm. I want to see what you'd get if ALL body parts had this. Instead of battlefields being vast arrays of teeth, they'd be vast arrays of teeth, eyeballs, fingers, ribs, stomachs, hearts, kidneys, brains...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2013, 05:47:06 pm »

Two of them can fight, it is like putting two people in addy armor and having them fight. Try having someone attack you with something you would normally find on an adventurer.

I tried it against a goblin master lasher, it wound up as an unhappy pile of parts but never died. So it's too strong and too weak at once.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2013, 10:21:07 am »

I can still take moar requests
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2013, 02:27:33 pm »

I want basically a hydra man/dwarf. and it must be playable as an adventurer/fortress, ALSO.
It needs to be able to survive with none of its heads. Like an extra brain somewhere secure, along with extra vision.That, and it should spit acid.
AND FLY.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2013, 05:01:53 pm »

I tried it against a goblin master lasher, it wound up as an unhappy pile of parts but never died. So it's too strong and too weak at once.

I remember steel working better. Try turning the creature into steel and see if that works better.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11