Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 542190 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Genestealer Empress Park Will Cast The Enemy Out [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4170 on: October 29, 2016, 09:41:44 am »

What the hell is up with 2016?
2016 is up with 2016 :u
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Genestealer Leader Park Will Strike Down The Enemy [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4171 on: October 29, 2016, 10:42:40 am »

"Democracy"

exhibit a: police slowly moving people with five-deep shield formations, first off the road then onto smaller and smaller areas and crushing them between hundreds of healthy young men, trying to bait violence

exhibit b: police announcing that any people who don't go home will be arrested

exhibit c: spotlights trained on people to make them hard to see

some predictions:

"civilians" who will start hitting the police, giving the police an excuse to start violently subduing the protesting civilians
water trucks which will blast firetruck-strength freezing water in the 4 degree centrigrade weather, strong enough to knock a horse over
mass arrests in the name of order

we dystopia boys

BONUS:

this guy does not want to be here
unfortunately he has no choice because he's a drafted soldier.

edit2: the police are taking videos of the protestors.
North Korean propagandists will have a field day with all this mess.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: October 29, 2016, 10:44:31 am »

They're already having a field day with it. One descriptor that keeps coming up for Park is "tailless", I'm....not....really sure what that means.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Genestealer Leader Park Will Strike Down The Enemy [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4173 on: October 29, 2016, 10:50:20 am »

North Korean propagandists will have a field day with all this mess.
There is no propaganda that could be spun from this that wouldn't be worse than the plain truth

They're already having a field day with it. One descriptor that keeps coming up for Park is "tailless", I'm....not....really sure what that means.
A head with no one following

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: October 29, 2016, 10:52:51 am »

Is that the google translate attempt or the literal translation? I have no idea myself. Maybe something akin to 'has no balls' (despite her biologically having 'no balls' anyway)?

Though LW's explaination probably makes more sense.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: October 29, 2016, 10:57:08 am »

Articles from KCNA's website about the scandal:

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4176 on: October 29, 2016, 12:56:12 pm »

^ A hundred police politely listen to a woman making a rambling speech about patriotism.

It seems that at least today the protests will be ended peacefully. It is 3am in South Korea and freezing cold. To be continiued...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: October 29, 2016, 02:10:23 pm »

ptw

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Genestealer Leader Park Will Strike Down The Kim Heretics [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4178 on: October 29, 2016, 04:39:09 pm »

Everyone, breathe calmly

Korea has five-year single-term presidential limits. When that guy committed suicide he was already out of politics. So ... did the guy who was already elected have anything to do with killing off a previous president? That would be pure conjecture. It's not like the new guy had to worry about re-election chances (since you can't run for re-election). Similarly, President Park will be gone as of February 2018, which is just over 1 year from now. Some people want to remove her early, but what difference would it really make?

And ... being influenced by a religious type, who's mixed up in iffy financial practices. Say hello to America. The only reason we're hearing about this is because this Choi woman's religion isn't a mainstream one in Korea, thus the Korean media is pushing the story. It's like if a prominent Muslim cleric was backing a candidate. It would be big news in USA, not so big news in Saudi Arabia.

This is something you need to be aware of when looking at another countries news, the issue framing might be completely different for things which are not really any different. e.g. teen suicide rates in Japan. We hear all about it because the Japanese media is all over this, thus western journalists pick this up for pithy stories about "what's to be done with the Japanese suicide rate". But rates in the USA are rising too, and you hardly ever hear about that. There's not a huge difference in the suicide rates for under 20's in both countries. When does anyone in the USA give enough of a fuck about that to write a news report about it?

I looked at the figures, Japan's suicide rate is higher, but only if you look at older people. It spikes up compared to USA in the college-aged years, not in the highschool years, probably due to how competitive it is to get a job. But Japanese media is fixated on "teen suicides" not "college student suicides" because "teens" sells more panic. You should never take on faith how the media of a particular country frames an issue.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:16:04 pm by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: October 29, 2016, 05:14:25 pm »

Reelya, there's a little teensy bit of difference between "influenced by" and "has literally all her policies and decisions dictated by".

Not a Muslim cleric, it's like we found out the U.S. president was a fucking Scientologist.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: October 29, 2016, 05:17:44 pm »

Yyyeah, that's not influence, that's Illuminati levels of control.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: October 29, 2016, 05:21:07 pm »

Reelya, there's a little teensy bit of difference between "influenced by" and "has literally all her policies and decisions dictated by".

Not a Muslim cleric, it's like we found out the U.S. president was a fucking Scientologist.
Are we buying some hype here or is there evidence? I didn't see any evidence presented in any of the articles. This seems like a panic.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Genestealer Leader Park Will Strike Down The Kim Heretics [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #4182 on: October 29, 2016, 05:22:32 pm »

We hear all about it because the Japanese media is all over this, thus western journalists pick this up for pithy stories about "what's to be done with the Japanese suicide rate". But rates in the USA are rising too, and you hardly ever hear about that. There's not a huge difference in the suicide rates for under 20's in both countries. When does anyone in the USA give enough of a fuck about that to write a news report about it?
Your worldview is not my worldview, I talk about that shit loadsa times - heck, I recall you being one of the observers at some time thinking I sounded like one of your country's preachers when I brought it up :P

You should never take on faith how the media of a particular country frames an issue.
I don't you cheeky shill, you've overlooked how the media can't frame the President's own admission in much positive ways - and fuck American media :]

*Scientologist raised by a shaman since at least she was 23, convincing her that the only way to contact her dead mother was through her - as long as she obeyed her commands. Not including the other 7 billionaire goddess members not identified

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: October 29, 2016, 05:25:00 pm »

one of your country's preachers
Are you sure you're not mixing me up with someone else? We really don't have any prominent "preachers" here to my knowledge. Australia is a very secular country. The only religious types I'm familiar with are the catholic and church of England archbishops. And I doubt I was comparing you to one of them. I also don't recall either them or you discussing youth suicide rates, so I'm not sure what thread that would even be in.

Your worldview is not my worldview, I talk about that shit loadsa times
But you're not "the media". Some random on a forum discussing a topic isn't the same thing as saying a country's media does or doesn't focus on a topic.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:31:48 pm by Reelya »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: October 29, 2016, 05:31:29 pm »

Dude, I dont know about your worldview, but I come from the mystical land of br, so when I go full "wat" in regards to some political scandal, then its very likely said scandal is very much worth of wat.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 341