Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 537609 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea Preparing For War
« Reply #360 on: March 23, 2013, 07:54:02 pm »

North Korea can go fuck itself while we focus on real problems like the economy and adhering to the U.S. Constitution.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 23, 2013, 08:11:24 pm »

Truly an enlightened world view.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 23, 2013, 08:18:41 pm »

"Economy jobs national security growth family values god." -Every modern speech in America.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 23, 2013, 08:34:22 pm »

North Korea can go fuck itself while we focus on real problems like the economy and adhering to the U.S. Constitution.

Exactly. Becase an insane, paranoid coutry developing nuclear weapons and the technology to deliver them long distances is not a real problem at all.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 23, 2013, 11:41:07 pm »

Exactly. Becase an insane, paranoid coutry developing nuclear weapons and the technology to deliver them long distances is not a real problem at all.

And there's no moral imperative to continue helping South Korea, either.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 24, 2013, 12:12:15 am »

And there's no moral imperative to continue helping South Korea, either.
Nor any legal imperative, and certainly no treaties approved by the United States Senate.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 24, 2013, 07:19:20 am »

"Economy jobs national security growth family values god." -Every modern speech in America.

You forgot "Middle class". That's used to the same effect as the words "Working class" once did.

I don't mean to be a fuddy-duddy but I'm actually more concerned about the soul-destroying human rights abuses in that hellhole of a country than the fact that they may or may not have nuclear capabilities.

I know this is probably going to derail us somewhat, but that same line of thinking leads to people thanking American and British soldiers for fighting in Afghanistan and "defending our country" when they're mostly protecting Afghan civilians, as they should be.

Sorry for the double post.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:26:08 am by Owlbread »

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 24, 2013, 07:20:40 am »

-double post, my apologies-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:25:57 am by Owlbread »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 24, 2013, 08:19:16 am »

[quote author=Owlbread link=topic=123671.msg4127050#msg4127050 date=1364127560
I don't mean to be a fuddy-duddy but I'm actually more concerned about the soul-destroying human rights abuses in that hellhole of a country than the fact that they may or may not have nuclear capabilities.

I know this is probably going to derail us somewhat, but that same line of thinking leads to people thanking American and British soldiers for fighting in Afghanistan and "defending our country" when they're mostly protecting Afghan civilians, as they should be.
[/quote]

The reason I gave was a reason that America needs to concern itself with North Korea. The sort of reason even a crazy ultra-isolationist would have to agree  is a probem that cannot be ignored.

So yeah, I am also concerned for the human rights of North Korea and do not want that to be taken in such a way that makes me sound like I am only concerned with myself/my own country. It was only made to sound like that for sake of argument.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 24, 2013, 08:24:19 am »

Here's a likely course for NK to pursue:

1. Raise the ante by scrapping the ceasefire treaties (check)
2. Convince the US to enter peace treaty negotiations.
3. Some of the embargos and sanctions are lifted.
4. Export to US
5. Literally profit.

Beijing doesn't have much sway with NK anymore. They got fed up of lapping up the scraps Beijing gave them.
I sorta think you're wrong on this one.Mostly because they don't simply give scraps, they literally run their entire economy. it more like their acting out against them, trying to avoid being a new province. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/22/china-stops-oil-exports-north-korea-possibly-punis/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

And they are failing.
Whatever was in that link, I cannot see. Every time I try to open it, it crashes forefox. All the tabs, all the windows, completely locked.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #370 on: March 24, 2013, 08:25:52 am »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 24, 2013, 09:03:07 am »

Skyrunner, why are you reading the Washington Times?  The Washington Times is not a respected newspaper.  The Washington Post is hardly a shining gem of journalistic integrity but the Times is hardly deserving the title of newspaper.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 24, 2013, 09:14:12 am »

Perspective, even the batshit insane extreme minority ones, have some value.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 24, 2013, 09:39:08 am »

People say that a lot, what exactly do they mean by it?  Why is the Washington Times perspective on North Korea going to give us something of value that we couldn't get from a better paper like the New York Times or Le Monde?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 341