Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Development probably abandoned.  (Read 62033 times)

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
Re: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. AKA The Mr. Johnson Sim
« Reply #270 on: June 23, 2013, 10:11:43 pm »

Oh I've got some mockups up on the kickstarter already. So right now my focus is definitely on content. pretty can come later.
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #271 on: June 23, 2013, 11:48:12 pm »

So this F-Team of nerds was supposed to do some brawling to steal away a rival politician...

They failed the mission *repeatedly*, the bastards... until finally-

The guy listens to reason, and lets Marcus do what he does best and talk the politico into a better life on our side.

Aside from a quick and bloody mishap at a border checkpoint, the mission went off without a hitch!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 24, 2013, 03:35:20 am »

Looks cool, I'm a big fan of this game.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 24, 2013, 04:35:59 am »

I love the looks. You know, in many games, the longer I play, the less I care about the graphics - it starts coming in my way. If I could just have tokens in HoMM III... ;) And there, there is just enough graphics to make it feel 2043, and not a bit more. Like someone wise once said, the project is perfect not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to subtract.
Yes, I'm strange, I admit that. :P
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 24, 2013, 07:11:02 am »

As of yesterday, Spark is still aiming for first playable launch on the 30th! I think I might keel over from shock if a KS project actually manages to hit their projections. Netgain has the potential to become the next Liberal Crime Squad and I couldn't be more excited.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 24, 2013, 09:30:13 am »

Hmm, do backers receive e-mails about the progress of this? I backed on Paypal and I haven't received any mail yet, so I was just wondering if that was just me or if everyone was getting e-mailed at a later date.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 24, 2013, 10:06:27 am »

As of yesterday, Spark is still aiming for first playable launch on the 30th! I think I might keel over from shock if a KS project actually manages to hit their projections. Netgain has the potential to become the next Liberal Crime Squad and I couldn't be more excited.

Seconded. While I'm not expecting a ton out of the prototype, for people that have played LCS, its unfinished UI and such shouldn't provide a big barrier to enjoyment.

Hey sparks, you were planning on eventually having visuals as was shown in the KS right? Something about the panoramic view of the city really adds to the atmosphere.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 10:42:53 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #277 on: June 24, 2013, 01:43:08 pm »

I love the looks. You know, in many games, the longer I play, the less I care about the graphics - it starts coming in my way. If I could just have tokens in HoMM III... ;) And there, there is just enough graphics to make it feel 2043, and not a bit more. Like someone wise once said, the project is perfect not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to subtract.
Yes, I'm strange, I admit that. :P

Yeah, I do want it to have a sharp look eventually, but it's less of a priority than gameplay of course. They're important for bringing people into the game, though, and realling immersing people in the world and connecting to the characters!
Also, pretty pretty graphs <3

Yeah, the prototype is much less than I was hoping for, but it's still playable and the whole point is to build it up while you guys play anyway. Luckily I had more than a few contingencies in place for just such delays! I definitely think fans of LCS will like this as well!

Hmm, do backers receive e-mails about the progress of this? I backed on Paypal and I haven't received any mail yet, so I was just wondering if that was just me or if everyone was getting e-mailed at a later date.

Everyone will get an email whether for the kickstarter or paypal. Paypal should have sent out receipts for everyone when you pledged. I'm only sending emails for launch so to not bother people, otherwise you can follow progress on the FB or twitter.

Seconded. While I'm not expecting a ton out of the prototype, for people that have played LCS, its unfinished UI and such shouldn't provide a big barrier to enjoyment.
Hey sparks, you were planning on eventually having visuals as was shown in the KS right? Something about the panoramic view of the city really adds to the atmosphere.
That's the hope on both counts! The city got pushed back a lot since it's a purely visual element that requires a significant amount of work, but yeah the BG will be prettier than a blue screen. In a few weeks I hope to have a basic pre-genned city placeholder. The rest of the graphics will take their time, being implemented once their features are locked down... but right now there's still a ton of core game to make!

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #278 on: June 27, 2013, 09:57:08 am »

I have (very quietly) uploaded a gameplay video of the prototype to indieDB, in hopes of getting on their service. I thought I'd at least let you guys know ;)

Stay frosty.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 27, 2013, 10:13:22 am »

Looks rough but functional, I really can't wait to get my hands on it!

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2013, 12:30:41 pm »

You see, I have had really, really great hopes for the finished game. Really.
And the prototype seems to be surpassing those already.
You might have broke my mind, mister! Mine very own, it-never-is-better-than-they-said-it-would-be, pessimistic mind! Are you proud of yourself?

And of course, because of the nature's balance thing, I have to be starting a new internship a day after the prototype goes live. There is no justice. :D
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2013, 12:44:16 pm »

That looks pretty freaking cool.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2013, 01:04:44 pm »

It doesn't look that great. BUT, I can tell what you're going for with it anyway and it sounds awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2013, 02:58:45 pm »

It doesn't look that great. BUT, I can tell what you're going for with it anyway and it sounds awesome.

+1

Just needs slightly better visual organization. It's just lists right now, and they're dense lists.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2013, 04:27:31 pm »

Love the video spark ! I'm so excited for Sunday ! The only little qualm I have with it right now is the lists are so very dense you could get lost in them haha :p but hey ho it's a prototype.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35