Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Development probably abandoned.  (Read 62048 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. AKA The Mr. Johnson Sim
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2013, 04:20:20 pm »

Its a neat idea probably, but its a mashup of one thing you can barely write two sentences in, one thing thats dead for any important points, and one thing that has farmville in it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 02, 2013, 03:43:34 pm »

Just a heads up. Feeling the lack of updates I peeked in on Facebook, and the prototype is due at the end of June. There's a lot of info on the LZ FB page, I just don't have the wherewithal to sift through all the trud to find it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #227 on: June 02, 2013, 03:52:58 pm »

Hrm. Sounds worth looking into I guess. I'll probably forget about it by he time I get around to remembering to do it.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 02, 2013, 03:54:31 pm »

I will post a collection of the updates posted on Facebook here so everyone can see them tomorrow. Some of the future features updates make me so excited for the game.

Prototype will be out on the 30th I saw spark say he has had a few problems.

Also I really hope after the prototype has been released we do get a blog or forum posts what ever even just to say "hey the next update is going well I have done X and Y considering X and Y need some feedback " what ever else
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 02, 2013, 04:47:15 pm »

Just a heads up. Feeling the lack of updates I peeked in on Facebook, and the prototype is due at the end of June. There's a lot of info on the LZ FB page, I just don't have the wherewithal to sift through all the trud to find it.

Oh cool.  Thanks for the update.  I don't have a Facespace, so I never even thought to look.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 02, 2013, 04:56:20 pm »

Huh...  I was just wondering about the paypal transaction I sent...  They havn't really sent a reply for it... other then the receipt.  I did send a message asking stuff way back when.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2013, 05:54:58 pm »

so basically vapourware soon

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2013, 07:05:23 pm »

Oh my gosh.

So whats so magical about this game that it cannot in anyway suffer from set backs and having to push dates up?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2013, 07:25:02 pm »

great idea for a game however publicity at the moment and any developers major major boo boo ie not communicating where youre up to at least once a week.  If it gets put out i reckon it wil be a good idea however a lot of kickstarters are failing to go from funding to outputs

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 02, 2013, 07:28:58 pm »

great idea for a game however publicity at the moment and any developers major major boo boo ie not communicating where youre up to at least once a week.  If it gets put out i reckon it wil be a good idea however a lot of kickstarters are failing to go from funding to outputs

You mean like their massive Facebook presence?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2013, 07:34:36 pm »

The dev really could do with a better communications platform than using facebook. But at least he's saying things where some people can see them if they bother to check that site. Its better than checking a twitter at the least.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:36:59 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #236 on: June 04, 2013, 01:56:59 pm »

Hey everybody!
I need to fiddle with the settings on this forum... by the time I get an email notice that someone responded to this thread, I come back and there are tons of posts...

G+ Hangouts
Yeah the video quality isn't so hot, but 1. they're working on it, 2. that's not as important to me as engaging people and having some more of that community stuff going on.

Updates
Anytime I do something of actual worth to talk about (i.e. an actual release, game update, etc), it gets blasted to all channels: FB, twitter, newsletter, G+, forum, etc. But it's just been me plodding away on code so there hasn't been anything fresh. I need to keep my focus on development, or else there's no game to post updates about!

Facebook
As for "trud", I feel like our LZG page is pretty clean! Most of the updates are fun things...

They havn't really sent a reply for it... other then the receipt.  I did send a message asking stuff way back when.
The receipts are all that went out. Did I not respond to your message? Can you send it again if not, as it may have gotten lost in the mass of emails (sorry about that!)?

Vapourware
The only vapourware here will be if your assets get stolen from under your nose!
I'm communicating what's up way more than once a week, on FB and twitter.

Post Platform
Ok, so the problem is everyone wants something different, and maintaining all the channels everyone wants KILLS my time. I've spent all day today just going through more social stuff instead of working on the game as I should, especially as there's only a few weeks left till launch! I hear people's frustrations with using Facebook, and when the time comes, either during the prototype launch or soon after, I'll switch to a different more open system. Either I'll push things through on the blog on the website and link them everywhere, or something else.
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 04, 2013, 02:11:15 pm »

Facebook
As for "trud", I feel like our LZG page is pretty clean! Most of the updates are fun things...

Well, to give a compare/contrast. Look at the DF front page. It clearly lists everything in a readable format, effectively bullet pointed, in descending order and there's no muss or fuss. You can tell instantly what's new. Compare that to your FB page, which not only has non-game links in it, but aallllllllllll the FB UI garbage, ads, images, lists and junk that clutter the screen. If you're ALREADY using FB, it's probably what you're used to. If you're not, or you don't use it that often, you have to play visual weedwhacker.

And more to the point, I don't want to have to sift through cat pictures, links to other projects, random thoughts and what not when all I want is info on the game itself. This is my core issue with FB as a communication platform, as I said in my FB post. You are saddling every user with all the garbage FB includes, and you're blending your personal social presence and your game's presence together, and that doesn't help info gathering, readability or clarity.

I'll be happy with whatever, in the end. What's really at stake here is your post-launch community, and how fractured it could end up being because you're presence is spread out in so many places. Then again, I'm just a forum junkie, so that's how I perceive how communities form best.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2013, 02:14:56 pm »

Post Platform
Ok, so the problem is everyone wants something different, and maintaining all the channels everyone wants KILLS my time. I've spent all day today just going through more social stuff instead of working on the game as I should, especially as there's only a few weeks left till launch! I hear people's frustrations with using Facebook, and when the time comes, either during the prototype launch or soon after, I'll switch to a different more open system. Either I'll push things through on the blog on the website and link them everywhere, or something else.

Post where you post, don't let people's opinions bother you.  No really!  You've made the announcement about the official forums, it's their fault for not going there.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2013, 02:31:38 pm »

Just don't forget about your kickstarters otherwise they get cranky haha. I have seen a few people fire and forget on KS and then complain about lack of updates, when any updates which were made were not posted on kickstarter
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:34:25 pm by ScriptWolf »
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35