Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Development probably abandoned.  (Read 62053 times)

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. AKA The Mr. Johnson Sim
« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2013, 07:36:42 am »

*superman shunts topic back onto the rails*

Spark out of interest will assets do more than just +1 rifle skill and help with doing missions ? It would be cool if when you got access to certain assets the would unlock more stuff or even advance technology as a whole in the game.

Example : DeepCell - a computer virus asset - once gained you have the power to completely crash the stock market for everything - you will need to use several operatives break into the main servers and unleash this virus to bring everyone back on the same playing field - this asset when used will push all current assets into negative values, all corporations will lose all of their power which was built up and most of their cash causing every corporation to have to start again.

It's a great question, and worthy of double posting over on the official Net Gain forums!

http://forum.levelzerogames.com/index.php

I'd love to see the activity over there increase!

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2013, 04:53:36 pm »

As Kaje says, there's actually a dedicated (and silent!) Q/A thread over on the forums: http://forum.levelzerogames.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14

as for that, assets are very transient (always jumping to the Next Big Thing), so any perks they do have tend to be limited to small economic tweaks.
The War Room, however, can definitely expand in such a fashion! Though I think your particular example might be incredibly game breaking! Thoughh perhaps a virus that causes certain markets to crash would be viable!

And yeah, the graphics hate on steam is starting to go into the annoying range, especially with comments like "good cutscenes aren't enough to save a bad game. and if the video and screenshots are anything to go by, this is a bad game." The "logic" of that is just... traumatic. I can feel my insanity points going up.

I do plan on getting gameplay video up as soon as possible, but it will still be ugly and wont stop the haters who are convinced bad graphics = bad game.
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2013, 06:29:02 pm »

Game breaking is my specialty.

And sounds good so assets are just money gainers then and don't really have much else going for them ? - I thought stuff you could equip your operatives with e.g. A sniper rifle counted as assets as well ? Would these not be more long term things ? Because you could have both longer lasting assets e.g. Computer virus, guns ect... And short term ones as well.

Also screw all the graphics haters they are into shallow pool games like cod and trying to troll. If they are to idiotic to not even be able to tell what a trailer is they are not the audience your trying to target.

Also the video in my opinion is not for the people who are saying no it's for the people who are currently sitting in the fence unsure about investing because they are not sure on what it's going to be like just yet.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

bobusdoleus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2013, 08:13:59 pm »

It's frustratingly difficult to figure out the genre of this game.

Specifically, I want to know if it's a sandboxy, play-it-forever type of game, or if it's a strategy game where you start at the same level as some competitors and it's a race to the finish line, whatever that may be.

I prefer sandboxes, myself.

Edit: Herp, derp, OP says it right at the end of the post there. Odd how difficult this is co find out elsewhere though. In other news: When I read that I did a little dance. A legit little dance. You shoulda seen it. It was legit.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:27:36 pm by bobusdoleus »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2013, 08:16:13 pm »

Well to my knowledge the game isn't out yet. High activity before release tends to burn out the community.

Though perhaps I should jump onboard the official forums and give my two cents in. Though I think they have enough of those.

DANG I really gotta start my summer project.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:40:22 pm by Neonivek »

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2013, 12:48:29 pm »

Well to my knowledge the game isn't out yet. High activity before release tends to burn out the community.

Though perhaps I should jump onboard the official forums and give my two cents in. Though I think they have enough of those.

DANG I really gotta start my summer project.

Your knowledge would be correct, Neonivek!

Though  I would argue against your point that activity prior to release tends to burn out a community, you only have to look at forums for games like Project Zomboid and Xenonauts to see a fairly consistent activity from opening of the forums to releases of Alphas, Betas and beyond!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2013, 02:48:28 pm »

Opening a forum is nice but devs will need to keep feeding the said community, look at sataebound they always spits stuff to talk about, If you open a forum and simply feed it sporadicly, you will starve them and it wil slowly die.

In the case of xenonauts, well they keep on adding feature and new builds wich feed the cmomunity, also being open to modding greatly help to feed the said community again. A forum is a great tool if you know how to manage and use it, or it can also be the *death* of your community before release. Because say it or not, the more your commuity grows and feeds of your involvment with them, the more they will spread the word and build up hype about your game without needing much of you exept some spoiler image and some food for mind on the way there.

Im sorry if i seem incoherent im talking on the phone to sort out issues with my ISP at the same time and im french, mix both and it turns out funny at best XD
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2013, 03:03:02 pm »

Guys I really suggest going into the level zero Facebook page and checking it out spark has been posting development ideas and sorts of missions you can pull of. Just damn he makes me want the game so badly

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2013, 03:05:09 pm »

Guys I really suggest going into the level zero Facebook page and checking it out spark has been posting development ideas and sorts of missions you can pull of. Just damn he makes me want the game so badly

Blargh. I loathe trying to drum up interest via Facebook. While it's a necessary evil for him (not even really necessary, people opt to be part of the Facebook paradigm), I'd rather make out with a cheese grater than Like anything on Facebook anymore. And it's the absolute last place I will ever go to get information, period.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2013, 03:25:23 pm »

Blargh. I loathe trying to drum up interest via Facebook. While it's a necessary evil for him (not even really necessary, people opt to be part of the Facebook paradigm), I'd rather make out with a cheese grater than Like anything on Facebook anymore. And it's the absolute last place I will ever go to get information, period.

Don't be silly you don't even have to have a log in to read his posts so you can still keep upto date with all his posts.

Also I suggest we bug him to set up a blog for this

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2013, 03:32:07 pm »

Don't be silly you don't even have to have a log in to read his posts so you can still keep upto date with all his posts.

Not my point. I dislike a world where people feel Facebook is a place to discuss things that aren't what you ate today or what color your baby's poop is this morning. I'd prefer he focus his updates on his forums so he can build a community there. I'd also prefer to read stuff there.

I don't blame him. But fuck Facebook as a communication tool.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2013, 04:07:12 pm »

I don't have a TwOMF. :<

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #222 on: May 05, 2013, 03:16:25 pm »

Hi! Silly email update thing only just sent me a notice people were still in this thread!

It's frustratingly difficult to figure out the genre of this game.
I prefer sandboxes, myself.
So do I! The genre is... I guess strategy, sub genre of "espionage simulation", with a healthy dose of emergent narratives. But yes, it has the open sandbox and the "story campaign", sort of like how uplink did it would be the best example.

Forums and Facebook
They are pretty dry, but until the game is actually putting out builds it's a bit of a hard spot. the future feature and such threads I've been posting on FB are really simple and meant to be "buried", they're more of a quick engagement and "i'm bored and can't sleep" kind of thing.
And sad to say, the FB page is more popular and it's actually better for the company and exposure if we get more action going on there, which means more people coming to the community through there.

Believe me though, once the actual game comes out and we need some meaty updates, THAT is something the forums are going to shine at, since facebook is only good for small quick threads or links. The forums will be the first stop for updates (linked to FB), and all the community engagement and content building (submitting new ops/missions/assets/stories/etc), all the stuff that needs a more permanent home.

So FB is the gate, the forums are the kingdom :) (the kingdom is just a bunch of fallow fields until the game is ready, though (I have no idea why I went for a medieval analogy here)).

And yes, I opened the forums early because of some vocal minorities, and I'm glad to do so for them, but I don't really have the content to pump it up just yet!

blog
Waste of time, unfortunately. :-/ I had one for previous projects but it just sucked my attention from development. If you want the up-to-the-minute stuff, that'll be on the twitter. If you want the big updates, that'll be on the forums/fb. I still have that newsletter I havent used once, but I'll start using that for big release/updates stuff when we get there.

TwOMF
I have no idea what this is, but a google image search pulls up some confederate flags, crappy etsy jewelry, and fancy toilet seat covers.

Side note: I would fucking LOVE to use Google+. Everything LZG is run through google, and I think the design is WAY better for fan pages and communities. But there's also like... 8 people on there.
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 05, 2013, 03:40:07 pm »

I heard g+ hangouts have less-than-great quality compared to just streaming on [livestreaming site here], too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 05, 2013, 04:17:12 pm »

TwOMF
I have no idea what this is, but a google image search pulls up some confederate flags, crappy etsy jewelry, and fancy toilet seat covers.

Twitter On My Face.

It's a mashup of Twitter, Facebook and MySpace.  I got it out of some weird youtube video that I've never been able to find again.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35