Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Net Gain: Corporate Espionage in 2043. Development probably abandoned.  (Read 61976 times)

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Net Gain - Futuristic Corporate Espionage Sim on Kickstarter - Funded!
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2013, 04:59:02 pm »

And for sure if you've bought any even remotely-related computer stuff or games and comics "research materials" or are planning to, make sure to expense those.  Plus the proper proportion of internet fees, electricity, etc.   Every little bit helps...

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2013, 05:29:34 pm »

I'm hoping I'll be able to rally more press from GDC and talking with people directly, getting them to post about it, but trying to get the new GUI foundations in on time before I leave may have been a mistake... I'm too far in to go back to the old build, but I'm not sure if I'll have the foundations working before I have to go!

Don't forget to write-off the amount of space you use in your house as an office for tax purposes.

I've heard mixed reports on this. Since I'm in a tiny chicago apartment, and have just the one desk/computer in my bedroom (literally, bedroom programming), it's a shared use space and thus I'm not supposed to count it as an office for tax purposes. I could partition off a part of the living room, get a new desk and computer to set up there, and try to figure out the write off for that, but I think the costs (not to mention the audit risks) will outweigh whatever small amount of my rent I can write off. And it's hard to tell what percentage of electricity or internet fees can be counted as "business only" since there is no clear partition of what is used for business and what is used for just daily life. All the actual business expenses are definitely on there, developer fees, license fees, business fees, KS/card processing fees, website hosting fees, etc etc.
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2013, 05:32:13 pm »

Ah. I had a spare room in my condo I was actually using as an Office, so it wasn't an issue for me. I can see how that might not be worth it for you, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2013, 04:04:38 pm »

I'm getting a bit worried, looks like the funding is slowing to a halt, and i really want to see the war room stretch goal being achived :P

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2013, 04:07:11 pm »

dont worry we have donkeys till its over, we will reach it. also spark has some gameplay in the works which should hopefully bring in more peoples
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:08:58 pm by ScriptWolf »
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2013, 04:12:03 pm »

dont worry we have donkeys till its over we will rach it. also spark has some gameplay in the works which should hopefully bring in more peoples

Oh yeah, War Room is definitely happening.  Only another 2k needed for that.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2013, 06:04:19 pm »

Spark how is everything going ? What's the situation? And can we have a sneak peak at he game pwease ?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2013, 06:06:14 pm »

dont worry we have donkeys till its over we will rach it. also spark has some gameplay in the works which should hopefully bring in more peoples

While I think I get what you're saying overall here...that first sentence makes absolutely no sense.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2013, 06:09:56 pm »

dont worry we have donkeys till its over, we will reach it. also spark has some gameplay in the works which should hopefully bring in more peoples

While I think I get what you're saying overall here...that first sentence makes absolutely no sense.

I put in a comma and corrected the mistake stupid phone :P does that make it a better sentence?

Edit: by donkeys I mean a long time, you know like when someone says that's the badger or you must be having a giraffe
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:14:13 pm by ScriptWolf »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2013, 06:16:07 pm »

That helped. Never heard of the phrases you're using, but at least I know what you mean now.
Come play Mafia with us!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2013, 06:19:55 pm »

Must be a British thing :P

The whole of the slang is donkeys years. Not even "that's the badger" I thought that was quite a common saying.

sparkbolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Creator of Net Gain
    • View Profile
    • Level Zero Games
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2013, 09:47:33 pm »

I have heard none of these animal slang terms you all are bandying about!
As for the game, I don't thik I'm going to have the gui hooked back up and playable in the next two days, which is all the time i got left before the flight :-/
I was really counting on that to convince some people at GDC to give me another boost, but I got distracted trying to get some press to pull me out of the current lull.

Bah...
Net Gain: Corporate Espionage.
Cyberpunk Espionage Strategy by Level Zero Games!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2013, 10:48:17 pm »

Must be a British thing :P

Quit being so other side of the pond. :P

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2013, 03:13:01 am »

Bah :P

Also spark remember kick start is not your only source of funding! Think of this this way, no matter what right now you have smashed through your target with no gameplay, once you have some gameplay out there even once the kick start has finished people will still be interested in buying your game so then you let them preorder in the standard way.

You can also do another kickstarter with the aim of bringing in more features and you would have a lot more to show for the game then. This is just early stage, once you have more to show people will be more interested. You concept has people wanting the game but they don't want to be disappointed.

Also I suggest once you do have a gameplay video up also make a Indy gogo start and say that you want to reach the stretch goals and bring more to the game.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2013, 06:05:40 am »

In support of Script, from a fellow Brit...

I'm glad I threw a few squid into this, whilst I'd have loved to have thrown a monkey at it had I one, all I could afford was a pony plus three Lady Godivas. At least I managed to give a bit of my Buggs Bunny anyway!

Looking forward to the release, hoping it doesn't quite take donkeys as I'm really excited to have a butcher's at this!

So, does the above mean all of us Brits are a bit chicken oriental? I'll let you be the inky smudge!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35