Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: ArmA 3  (Read 20326 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ArmA 3 Alpha
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2013, 06:39:30 pm »

I still have G as my grenade key *shrug*

Have you really played ARMA 2, then played ARMA 3? There is an obvious difference, and 'fluid' is the most accurate description for it. It is still not 'action FPS camera floating above the ground' fluid, but it is moreso than ARMA 2 was.

I do kinda like the old running animations from ARMA 2, I wouldn't want to be running across a field like they do in A3, it looks rather uncomfortable. They should stick the 'gun in sight at all times' concept with the new 'tactical pace' or 'combat pace' mode they have, that's what it's there for. Running should be... running. Ah, and the walking animations, I liked the 'both hands on gun' walking from A2. A3 walking has too much swag to it =p

Now, this aiming dead zone, what exactly is it about it you want them to 'fix'? I haven't tried it, but I know in A2 and prior games the deadzone was still there when it rightfully shouldn't be (namely when the weapon was not even up).

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2013, 06:47:46 pm »

Right now most of the alpha is simply ARMA 2 with pretty graphics...they have only worked on the very basic engine itself to allow more and better stuff...so until they ACTUALLY start implementing the new ARMA 3 systems (AI, flight mechanics etc) its really not much different...

there is real physics, much better lighting, much better textures and graphics overall, and much better animations right now though...which are certainly very nice.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2013, 07:34:32 pm »

Not having wonky grenade throwing alone is almost worth upgrading from Arma 2. :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2013, 08:44:21 pm »

It cannot be overstated  how much better the inventory system is in A3.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2013, 08:50:30 pm »

Yeah the new gear system is fairly nice, being able to right click things is something that should have been put in a looong while ago.

BI has done a decent job with trying to add backpacks and ways to have more inventory space starting with ARMA 2 backpacks. Removing 'slots' entirely is probably the best decision they've made in regards to the inventory system so far.

I played the Jagged Alliance 1.13 (?) mod and the inventory system there was pretty cool. Almost wish something like that were put into ACE 3.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2013, 11:15:21 pm »

Now, this aiming dead zone, what exactly is it about it you want them to 'fix'? I haven't tried it, but I know in A2 and prior games the deadzone was still there when it rightfully shouldn't be (namely when the weapon was not even up).
Basically, when you reach the end of the "dead zone" the rate of turn changes.
You can be aiming around the dead zone quickly, and then hit the edge and suddenly just stop turning altogether.

Aparently this also happened in ArmA 2, but it wasn't as severe. I personally never noticed it... Now it's just totally unusable because you'll turn at one speed then just suddenly freeze in place.

And honestly, I liked the fact the dead zone remained on when your gun wasn't raised. It kept the controls consistent.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2013, 11:32:16 pm »

I didn't mind the "clunky" animations in Flashpoint, ARMA, or ARMA II so much. I liked some of the immersion, having done some paintball in my time and know how awkward running, sprinting, walking, crawling, looking around, and then shooting from the hip, ironsights, scope, etc could be. What always killed me was the interface. I never got the hang of the scrolling action select, and needing to be close enough or in just the right spot for an action to appear and then it often turned into a "one-button-does-everything" nightmare where the options blip in and out of existence. The backpack interfaces have always been terrible, painfully picky, and often buggy in my experience as well while needlessly obtuse with really obvious simple improvements missing. Then you add mods and the interface becomes a nightmare.

I'd buy this for an improved interface, if just so that mods are more playable.

Can anyone who has run ARMAII comment on the graphics and graphical performance? My rig can run ARMAII on medium-low settings with some hitches. Really looking forward to a more optimized game engine.

Robert

• Bay Watcher
  • The Librarian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2013, 11:35:39 pm »

If anyone has a spare Arma 3 lite key, I would be extremely grateful if you would take the time to send one to me.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2013, 01:11:55 am »

Can anyone who has run ARMAII comment on the graphics and graphical performance? My rig can run ARMAII on medium-low settings with some hitches. Really looking forward to a more optimized game engine.

A3 is a lot prettier and thus much stronger gaphically. I could run A2 reasonably well on medium graphics, but I need all settings off to get playable performance in A3. It's worth the cost, though. The game is less of a military simulator and more of a game, so it's much more accessible.

Houses are still the bane of mankind, though.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2013, 03:32:57 am »

If anyone has a spare Arma 3 lite key, I would be extremely grateful if you would take the time to send one to me.
What's your steam profile?

baggiop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2013, 05:27:38 am »

my pc is week for arma 3,what graphic is recommended for game ?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2013, 06:24:15 am »

Taken from the steam page.
Spoiler: System Requirements (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2013, 07:49:08 am »

Thanks Granorke! (If I misspelled your name: you misspelled mine too :c)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2013, 05:57:22 pm »

Thanks Granorke! (If I misspelled your name: you misspelled mine too :c)
:c
Sorry.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2013, 09:57:17 pm »

When you get invited to Arma 3 lite don't you get a another key to pass on? If so and anyone has any spares. Could I get one.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MasterFancyPants
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13