Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: i'm a little worried  (Read 4096 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
Re: i'm a little worried
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 11:55:49 am »

yeah you guys are probly right im probobly over reacting i was just worried of 10 year old kids being like "its to hard" or "the graphics suck" not as much of the average troll p.s boatmurdered lol

If they do come on we'll just weaponize them like everything else. Also for another thing... Boatmurdered where pachyderms rule and dwarves lives dont matter.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 12:14:08 pm »

yeah you guys are probly right im probobly over reacting i was just worried of 10 year old kids being like "its to hard" or "the graphics suck" not as much of the average troll p.s boatmurdered lol

If they do come on we'll just weaponize them like everything else. Also for another thing... Boatmurdered where pachyderms rule and dwarves lives dont matter.

[You forgot the lol.]
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 12:38:39 pm »

We might see a small group of trolls to come here, annoy us for some time and leave - I doubt they'd stay for long around here.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 12:49:23 pm »

[You forgot the lol.]

lol there
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 12:56:00 pm »

We have picks, plump helmets, and residents that haven't yet gone (completely) insane.  We can outlast the invaders.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 03:31:25 pm »

I suppose we could put up walls, but where's the fun in that? If it gets too bad, we'll utilize traps - traps like "HFS" and "clown car" - words that seem completely innocuous until Fun happens. And if push comes to shove, there's always magma.

... There is always magma.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 07:14:27 pm »

Just tell them that dwarves love to dance in the red rain.  SO they should all embark on the dark purple areas for fun and happiness.
Nom nom nom

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 06:20:24 am »

This is the reason why i love Bay12, we are just a bunch for !FUN! people, most troll will just leave and the rest become US, and there always a nice meta joke here and there  :D

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 11:16:33 am »

It's true that the people of Bay 12 do react oddly to various kinds of internet trolls, but I can't seem to remember enough specific situations to form a data spread on the matter, so the truth still has the potential to destroy you guys' collective self image. Although the one Troll Event I do remember (/could find) turned out...rather well. :⌉ But to get back a topic—
As for individuals showing up to say "THES GRAFIX SUK!" the obvious response is "INDEED THEY DO." because the graphics do in fact suck.
Don't say this to any hardcore rougelike fans*. There are people who think Unicode graphics are better than anything else out there.
Actually, if I read your sentiment right, most of us* don't have any trouble with comments about the graphics being really old, really ugly, or just stylistically unwise. We take offense when you insist they're terrible because of that, since the reason we prefer them is founded in much steadier stuff than pretty colors— information density. You know, that stuff you actually use images for.

In other news, I feel insufficiently meta.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 01:44:10 pm »

It's true that the people of Bay 12 do react oddly to various kinds of internet trolls, but I can't seem to remember enough specific situations to form a data spread on the matter, so the truth still has the potential to destroy you guys' collective self image. Although the one Troll Event I do remember (/could find) turned out...rather well. :⌉ But to get back a topic—
As for individuals showing up to say "THES GRAFIX SUK!" the obvious response is "INDEED THEY DO." because the graphics do in fact suck.
Don't say this to any hardcore rougelike fans*. There are people who think Unicode graphics are better than anything else out there.
Actually, if I read your sentiment right, most of us* don't have any trouble with comments about the graphics being really old, really ugly, or just stylistically unwise. We take offense when you insist they're terrible because of that, since the reason we prefer them is founded in much steadier stuff than pretty colors— information density. You know, that stuff you actually use images for.

In other news, I feel insufficiently meta.

I feel that too. Along with insufficient magma.

King of Candy Island.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 01:54:08 pm »

THE FORUM'S DAYS ARE AT AN END

NO LONGER SHALL WE ART

FOR THE ART CRITICS SHALL ARRIVE

AND

DOOM

US

ALL

[In all seriousness Bay12's immune system is very robust. It'd take a lot to explode it. Calm down folks.].

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 01:55:09 pm »

Along with insufficient magma.
Magma: You can't live in it, and you can't live without it.

Ninja'd: I agree with Loud Whispers completely.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 02:49:24 pm »

Anyone else spot plenty of irony here?
Boatmurdered lol. Not to mention at least 90% of us are goons and/or /b/tards.
Hmm.. Not a true /b/tard but a neckbeard from /tg/
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 08:58:15 pm »

Well, at least we don't have to worry about the fanbase having an undue effect on the development of the game. ToadyOne, not being interested in the profit potential and just being one dude, is more or less immune to the influence a fanbase has on an average game development company.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 02:49:00 pm »

Are MOMA trolls a thing?  :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3