Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: (RPG) Subdimension: Multi-planar Fantasy Adventure (ded)  (Read 9162 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Subdimension: Multi-planar Fantasy Adventure (Starting)
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 04:36:16 pm »

~~~~~Eflek Yirkut (Lawastooshort)~~~~~

Eflek did her best to suddenly totally remember all of the English her mother had taught her whilst kneeding balls of reindeer cheese in the desolate Siberian taiga a thousand miles from even the nearest Russian speaker.

Ford perks up on Eflek's allusion to odd superpowers.

: "You can totally fly, right?"

: "If ANY of you can do something like that, we have a different floor for it. Trust me, you want to stay on this floor. You're on the right train of thought, though."

~~~~~Maria Cevedes (Errol)~~~~~

Marie's right eyelid twitched, but getting called a dork got drowned out by... fear.

: "...are you one of the Men in Black or something? You work for the government?"

: "That's correct. I work for the Directorate of Science and Technology. This is normally not the sort of joint project the CIA and DARPA work on, but I was the one who spent the last three years trying to find you."

: "...who cares for my sis? Aw, crap!"

: "Your families will have adequate care. By tomorrow, they will be informed of the tragic accident that lead to your deaths. You, Marie, were caught downstream in a river and drowned."

~~~~~Seth Miller (Sjm9876)~~~~~

'Ford you say.....? Nice name that. Doubt it's real, but hey. As you know we don't know, care to get on and explain already?' Seth guestured vaguely in the air, conveniently saiming his middle finger at Raphael. 'You gonna insult me, at least tell me your name mate.'

: "Fair stance. I hunted each of you down because of the anomalies in the regions you live in. Space-time anomalies, you could say. Now, normally we'd pass that off as remnants of the relativity ship's ongoing tests, but these were more severe. It took a long time to trace them back to you."

: "Each of you kids are uniquely disconnected from the reality we live in. Maybe one day you woke up on Friday, but yesterday was Tuesday. Maybe someone hit you on the head and you came to on a rooftop three towns over. One of the older candidates for this experiment even reported having a friend who one day ceased to exist. That's because you're Planeshifters."

: "You are a danger to all of mankind because, for reasons undetermined, you have the unique ability to open portals to parallel universes. This ability is a double-edged sword because you may also be mankind's greatest benefactor. You four are the first group chosen to actually travel to parallel universes. You'll get to see things great men and women have only dreamed of seeing."

: "Now, I can't stay, but the chief of this division in the room behind me can fill you in on the details. Feel free to explore the rest of facility for now, too. Trust me, you're not getting out. Before I leave, though: any questions?"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:57:52 pm by freeformschooler »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 04:39:17 pm »

'Humour me, how did I die? I hope it was epic. And ironic. And other worlds you say? In person? Makes a change from the usual dreamwalking. But tell me, are we 4 a team now?'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 04:52:52 pm »

'Humour me, how did I die? I hope it was epic. And ironic. And other worlds you say? In person? Makes a change from the usual dreamwalking. But tell me, are we 4 a team now?'

: "We're still coming up with your cause of death. If can still think of a believable one, we'll consider it. As for 'team,' how much you work together is up to you. It's only important you come back in repairable condition."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 04:55:11 pm »

'Repairable. Sounds like a challenge. No promises mind you. As for my death, just say I fought a bear or something. Kind of thing I'd do. Just make it seem like the bear came off bad too, alright?' Seth winked at Ford, before leaning back against the wall, awaiting any further developments.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 07:49:40 pm »

Would've been nice to have said goodbye at least once. They've torched the bridge behind me, and I can't swim.
Self-important bastards. Think they're above petty morality. Ten seconds until they come with that "good of mankind" bullcrap, tops. See me as little more than a chess piece...
And I'm stuck with a respectless brute, a sociopath who seems to have waited for something like this and a native from the ass-end of nowhere. I'm sure they have their nice sides, though... and if one of them says they'd rather do this alone, they're insane. We need each other with this, for better or worse.
Also, it's Maria with an a, Agent F. Learn to spell that.

"Well, if that all doesn't sound just great. Is there any actual reason behind throwing a rag-tag group of, ahem, volunteers like us into unknown territory, or can I jot down "For Science!" as your motivation?"
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 08:54:43 pm »

"Well, if that all doesn't sound just great. Is there any actual reason behind throwing a rag-tag group of, ahem, volunteers like us into unknown territory, or can I jot down "For Science!" as your motivation?"

: "No! The last group was for science. You'll be advancing a very real cause."

: "For the last thirty years, we've had intelligence of an object here on Earth of unknown origin or identity. We have reason to believe it is an unimaginably powerful energy source, and that's why all our past efforts to retrieve it have ended with sunken ships and crashed planes. I can't legally say where it is, but you can probably figure it out."

: "However! Past Planeshifters have found objects with similar energy signatures. Luckily, you won't have to quest all over a 28 billion parsec universe to find one because Planes come in all shapes and sizes. Your first mission is to investigate a small 'pocket dimension' of your choosing, find this object - if it exists - and bring it back alive."

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 09:22:48 pm »

You still accepting for the wait sheet?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 09:27:42 pm »

((Yes.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 04:26:33 am »

'Alive? ok, you got me interested. You're the expert though, tell us where to start. You've just given us a few universes to explore, you can't expect us to just find one straight off the mark. Any arms or armour while you're at it? I'm assuming it's dangerous, right? Sounds like it should be.'

Sigtext

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2013, 06:30:44 am »

"Bring it back alive, or us? It's not alive, right? It doesn't sound like we have a choice, so do we just go now, or do you have anything else to teach us?"

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2013, 07:48:47 am »

Well, all that's left is to try to get along with the situation. No other choice, soo...

"Do we get breakfast? I don't want to go to another dimension on an empty stomach.
Speaking of which... how much support can we expect? How much can we bring across dimensions, or planes, or whatever you want to call it? You seem confident that we can get your sci-fi ball of infinite energy across, though." That totally is in the best of hands with you and won't get abused in any way, she adds mentally. How highly do you value our lives, Ford?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 12:59:48 pm »

Cool, another freeformschooler adventure!
...Not an illustrated one? Aw.
...Still.
...I need to cut down on my ellipses abuse.

Spoiler: Matthew Fulton (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2013, 01:47:37 pm »

"Yeah, food would be nice. Even better if I get to be away from these dorks." Raphael quipped, the thought of a good meal entrancing him, before he snapped back into reality to get back on topic. "Right, we'll get it back alive, intact or whatever other word you'd use to describe bringing it back in one piece, and I'll make sure the doofuses are alive as well." he said, not exactly caring about the others at this point.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »

~~~~~Seth Miller (Sjm9876)~~~~~

'Alive? ok, you got me interested. You're the expert though, tell us where to start. You've just given us a few universes to explore, you can't expect us to just find one straight off the mark. Any arms or armour while you're at it? I'm assuming it's dangerous, right? Sounds like it should be.'
"Bring it back alive, or us? It's not alive, right? It doesn't sound like we have a choice, so do we just go now, or do you have anything else to teach us?"
Well, all that's left is to try to get along with the situation. No other choice, soo...

"Do we get breakfast? I don't want to go to another dimension on an empty stomach.
Speaking of which... how much support can we expect? How much can we bring across dimensions, or planes, or whatever you want to call it? You seem confident that we can get your sci-fi ball of infinite energy across, though." That totally is in the best of hands with you and won't get abused in any way, she adds mentally. How highly do you value our lives, Ford?

: "These are all things for someone else to handle. Oh, Dr. Walter..."

Ford steps out through a door up ahead. A grey-haired man in a tattered lab coat approaches the group. He coughs into his sleeve, dusts off his coat and addresses the four kids.

: "Greetings, children! Oh, I know the circumstances are tragic, and you're probably deathly mad, but... it's just such an honor to meet you all. The last time I got to work on a project like this, goodness gracious! I'm Dr. Albert Walter, a government-contracted particle physicist. But please, please, tell me about yourselves before we get started!"

He nods toward Seth.

: "I guess you're 'Seth.' I don't know much about you at all, but as I understand it, you have a great imagination. That will be a boon to us and our cause. I couldn't help but overheard your inquiry about arms and armor and where to start. That's where my machine back here comes in, but we'll get to that momentarily."

: "You must be Maria. Oh, you're feisty! You'll be a valuable asset to us if only for your initiative. To answer your question about 'how much you can bring across dimensions,' the answer, unfortunately, depends on the Incongruity Constant."

: "To put it simply: the more divergent the dimension you're traveling to is from our reality, the harder it is to bring things along with you. It is immensely difficult and expensive to produce equipment that can reliably sustain the travel you will undergo without dissociating on exit. However, there's a catch: the shorter the age of the plane you're exiting, the easier it is to bring things out of it! That's one reason we're sending you to 'pocket dimensions,' or 'subdimensions.' They're small, young 'verses that can be easily looted. Feel free to take anything you like when you're there!"

Dr. Walter snaps out of it and turns his attention to Eflek.

: "Oh- sorry. Planeshift mechanics just make me so giddy! You're Eflek, no? It's excellent to have you here, but I apologize for the perhaps days-long journey you spent to join us."

He then nods to Raphael.

: "Well, it is early, and I haven't had lunch, either. Perhaps you'd like to join me near the vending machine just south to grab a bite and get to know each other first?"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:02:44 pm by freeformschooler »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2013, 02:11:35 pm »

'I'll come then. Can't let him escape the dorks can we?'

Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5