Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51

Author Topic: Arena Deus! (The End: Closure)  (Read 52767 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game IV - Round 6: It's always spiders.)
« Reply #705 on: July 23, 2013, 09:48:06 pm »

Charge at the Forgotten Beast, Try to die in acid-sizzly greatness (Not really)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 24, 2013, 03:22:03 pm »

"Grah." Alphonse tried to pick his face off of the ground, failed once, before then trying to get up. "Yous... Yous double crossing kid eater!" The man pointed a finger at the Forgotten beast, trying to charge it in revenge! Or rather, try to charge in its general direction.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 24, 2013, 04:42:58 pm »

Axe Ender a question(like 'can you spare a cup of blood?')
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 26, 2013, 10:27:49 am »

''OI!'' Oneshot notices the Hunter of Men aiming for him. ''Not happening!'' Oneshot stays near his light source and shoots at the Hunter.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 26, 2013, 11:06:08 am »

((ARGLBLARG So I'm deciding to start writing a story or a book or SOMETHING in preparation for the inevitable writing assignments in English next year. SO, I've decided to write a story from the perspective of one of the contestants in one of the many battle arena-type games here, such as Looter's Delight, THIS, and maybe the Islands of Misery. I'll probably be including prominent characters from the various games as fighters, and will hopefully be able to turn mindless violence into a coherent story! Wish me luck!))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 26, 2013, 01:19:25 pm »

((Another idea: Crossover Arena.
...Hey, there's an idea for a game...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 28, 2013, 07:42:35 pm »

((ARGLBLARG So I'm deciding to start writing a story or a book or SOMETHING in preparation for the inevitable writing assignments in English next year. SO, I've decided to write a story from the perspective of one of the contestants in one of the many battle arena-type games here, such as Looter's Delight, THIS, and maybe the Islands of Misery. I'll probably be including prominent characters from the various games as fighters, and will hopefully be able to turn mindless violence into a coherent story! Wish me luck!))
Looter's Delight has a currently incoherent story
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 28, 2013, 09:26:21 pm »

Looter's Delight has a currently incoherent story
I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm saying that I might be borrowing a few concepts and prominent characters from LD, as well as Islands of Misery and THIS, as well as taking the mindless violence parts of them and creating a story out of them. the end result will most likely resemble this for the most part though, as it's the most realistic of the games, I'd say.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 28, 2013, 11:43:42 pm »

I'm flattered that one of my RTDs could end up inspiring someone to actually do something. Thank you! :3
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 28, 2013, 11:59:44 pm »

I'm flattered that one of my RTDs could end up inspiring someone to actually do something. Thank you! :3
I AM GLAD THAT YOU ARE GLAD.

Would you like to see it when I'm done?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game IV - Round 7: Dwindling)
« Reply #715 on: July 29, 2013, 01:21:02 pm »

Game IV - Round 7: Dwindling

Alphonse stares Banfordon in it's eyes. It's many, many, eyes. Kid....yah'....goin' back to.....Cleavland. YARGH!" (Alcoholism Roll: Success) Alphonse runs at the large insect creature, flailing his arms around. (1(+2) vs. 3) The hobo launches at the beast, clumsily punching its thorax to no effect. (5 vs. 4) The creature turns around and covers Alphonse in a green goop that begins to eat away at his clothes and flesh.  He rolls around on the ground, screaming about the devil fire. (-4 HP; Acid Burns: -1 HP for 1 Turn)

As Ender Wiggins finds himself brushed up against the wall of the arena, a shadowy man appears, seemingly melting out of the darkness. "May I axe you something?" The edge of his Broad-axe shines off a nearby lamp. (5+1 vs. 3) Ender ducks, but John Joe is faster. In a split-second, Ender's skull is split apart from the right side by a horizontally swung axe blade, cutting into his brain. (-6 HP) The momentum of the blow slams him onto the floor. John pulls his weapon back, slung over his shoulder as he walks back to the central room of the arena.
John Joe has slain Andrew "Ender" Wiggin!
He gains 10 Points!

Commander Shepard runs at Banfordon, holding his fists up high. "I've wrestled in wars before you know!" (2 vs. 5) He punches the insect creature right in the maw! Bad decision. (3 vs. 5) Fortunately, Shepard reacts fast enough to get to the ground before Banfordon launches a stream of sticky webs at him.

Hunter of Men stays perched up near the top of the arena. He flexes the Revolver, pointing it down towards the ground. After making some decisions, he aims it for Oneshot, the Sniper. (3+1 vs. 5) The bullet goes off, pounding above Oneshot. Oneshot kneels towards the ground and responds with his own shooting in true gun-slinging fashion. (5+1 vs. 1) Hunter of Men sees a bright light emanating from the spot he shot at, and that's the last thing he sees as a laser pierces straight through his head and back out of it. He goes into free fall, and hits the ground many meters below, flopping onto the floor. (-8 HP!) His form shrivels away, turning into a pile of ash.
Oneshot has Slain Hunter of Men!
He gains 10 Points!

Oneshot sees Hunter of Men hit the floor, and decides he's done with him. The sniper turns to the center of the room and decides there's a new problem here...

Banfordon roars and lunges after Commander Shepard. (5 vs. 4-1) The beast plunges it's fangs into Shepard's shoulder, tearing into the flesh and muscle. Shepard rips his body back, but by then the damage has been done, and the acidic venom of the creature has slathered across his body. (-5 HP; Acidic Damage: -1 HP for 2 Turns)

Spoiler: Scoreboard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Participant Statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arena Environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:00:03 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 29, 2013, 01:26:10 pm »

Disarm Oneshot, no really, he too dangerous with that gun.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 29, 2013, 01:57:34 pm »

Yah forgot to deduct the damage from Alphonse's health.

"Devils fire, its ah burning me with devils fire, my fists be holy and yous will be too!" Alphonse did a mixture of screaming in agony and screaming nonsense as he charged the forgotten beast again.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 29, 2013, 02:01:06 pm »

I AM GLAD THAT YOU ARE GLAD.

Would you like to see it when I'm done?

Yesh.

Yah forgot to deduct the damage from Alphonse's health.

OOPSHEH POOPSHEH

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 29, 2013, 02:23:47 pm »

I re-hehehe-eaaally don't want to point this out (not like it makes any difference in this particular case) but Oneshot only gets his +1 bonus on OFFENSIVE shots... I kept it that way so as not to potentially overpower the counter melee fighters first with said pistol.

''Huh...'' Oneshot was somewhat stunned. ''I can't remember the last time I actually killed someone in these arenas!'' (fun fact, this player really can't either). He sees John Doe coming at him. ''Oh great... a massive monster in the middle of the place and I'm still being targeted... fun.''
If John is successful in disarming Oneshot, he pulls away to pick up the closest laser pistol to him... two would be nice (I'll need to double check rules for dual wielding).
If John is NOT successful in disarming Oneshot, he pulls away to another light source and fires a shot as John Doe.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51